August 21

Options

Replies

• WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    @Mrs_Hoffer - I don't know which update or status to start with so...
    Congrats on having perhaps the best days/month ever! You're truly making amazing progress!
  • Anya_000
    Anya_000 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    yes x 3
  • fourathomej
    fourathomej Posts: 4,273 Member
    Options
    AUGUST 21

Exercised: Yes - Hiking
    Calories: yes
    Tracked: Yes

2/3 Pass Days Used
  • donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 3,064 Member
    Options
    mshawski wrote: »
    ✅✅✅

Felt good to be back on track. It’s so weird how not having my gym class schedule and Kiddo at camp makes me lose track of days and have no idea when I am. (I don’t think that’s actually a phrase, but it is now.) Only ran 2.5 miles (walked 1.5) but after a week of nothing I’m considering any running a step in the right direction. Plus it was 91% humidity and high sun, so not passing out was a win too. I need to figure out stuff to do inside the next few days with Henri headed our way.

Today’s random ramblings:
    I’ve decided to buy some size 10 jeans. I am a size 10, but given how fast I moved from 16 to 14 to 12 and how nauseated I am about the money spent on clothes spanning those sizes that now don’t fit - I decided I could get away with my 12s for two sizes and not buy 10s, just wait until I reached an 8. (I’ve bought a few 8s as I saw them on sale, so I have a couple pairs to use as a gauge for if they fit yet.) Six months later… still a 10. 😑 The 8s button, but that’s the nicest thing I can say about how they fit (aka: don’t fit). So… I’ve decided the best way to get the scale moving again is to just spend money uselessly and buy some 10s. That’s how the universe usually likes to play me, so I shall play her game this time. And, should it take another 6 months to get to an 8, I will have pants that actually fit for that 6 months. Lol. Im clearly grasping at straws here 😂🤦🏻‍♀️

Wow going from size 16 to size 10 is such an achievement!! Thats tiny!! Well done!! Xo
  • donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 3,064 Member
    Options
    @Mshawski ur so funny and us milk in our tea peeps need to stick 2gether. Ha ha! @jamcnewnan. Xoc
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    @Mrs_Hoffer - I don't know which update or status to start with so...
    Congrats on having perhaps the best days/month ever! You're truly making amazing progress!

@WhatMeRunning Thanks Chris. This has been one of the best month's I've had in a long time. It's funny how motivating it is when the scale begins to move again (and very frustrating when it doesn't!) Motivating enough to help a person fight off attacking ice cream!! :lol:
    But I'm certain that what's helped me these last couple weeks is the increase in protein (100g/day which is very high for me!). I was reluctant to lower my daily cal goal to 1400 because previously at that number I seemed to be "starving" all the dang time!! But I knew that the weight would NOT come off if I kept it where it was.

Increasing the protein has helped me to feel full in between meals, and eating only protein and veggies all day (I think) has put me closer to a keto diet than anything I've done in awhile. I think it's the low carbs and high protein that is making the scale move again. Right now we're getting unlimited veggies from our garden and I'm making sure that I fill the those veggies in around 100g of protein to make up my food diary!

Plus, awhile back, someone in the group (perhaps @lesdarts180 , @donna25trinity , or @Chinkiri , I don't remember) said that they often will eat a few prawns if they need to boost their protein - so I looked that up, and they are VERY low in calories compared to the amount of protein in them! I've been stocking them in my freezer ever since!

Edited to add: I know that what works for me may not work for someone else, and vice versa. I think it's important for us to keep plugging away, learning to stay the course, be patient with ourselves (very hard to do)..... and eventually the scale gets moving again! It's been 5 months for me in the 160s.... but I really think that my body just needed time to "re-adjust" to the 35+ lbs that I had lost.
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    Options
    @mshawski I agree! Huge CONGRATS to you for going from 16s down to 10s! :)
  • KCJen
    KCJen Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Pass Day
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,105 Member
    Options
    Mrs_Hoffer wrote: »
    I forgot to mention in my post above that today I dropped out of the "overweight" category and into the "normal" weight category for the first time in almost 40 years!! :smile:

Congratulations @Mrs_Hoffer !!!
    That is a Super Big Deal!!!
    🎊❤️🎉🏆💕
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,105 Member
    Options
    ✅☑️✔️❤️(Sleep)
    All good!
    2️⃣ Pass Days Remaining

• GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,297 Member
    Options
    8/21

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? 👍🏻
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? 👍🏻
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? 👍🏻

Used pass #3
    PASSES USED: 3/3
  • tdrjustus3
    tdrjustus3 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? ✅
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? ✅
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? ✅
  • calvin20874
    calvin20874 Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    Aug 21

Exercise: biking 90 minutes, stretching and PT exercises 55 minutes

Tracking: yes
    Calories: under

Pass days: 10
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,327 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    3 x yes! 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 to:
    @thabit11 - Well done! Hang in there!
    @biketheworld
    @Bovaryoo
    @_JeffreyD_
    @DebS137
    @readyornot1234 - Kudos for hanging in there
    @Anya_000
    @fourathomej
    @MadisonMolly2017
    @GrandmaJackie
    @tdrjustus3
    @calvin20874

@Mrs_Hoffer - delighted to know that my 🍤 🍤 🍤. suggestion was a help 😂

@tahm42 - driving does take it out of you.

@Healthymumlife - You can still be a Champion if you keep on logging in.
    @KCJen - (((hugs)))

I think that probably wraps it up for Saturday's comments.

Delighted to see so many people persevering.
  • victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,320 Member
    Options
    Mrs_Hoffer wrote: »
    I forgot to mention in my post above that today I dropped out of the "overweight" category and into the "normal" weight category for the first time in almost 40 years!! :smile:

Congratulations!!!!
  • victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,320 Member
    Options
    August 21, 2021

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

Kitchen Closed? Yes
    Going "nuts" with nuts today? No (17 days-free )
    (I go "nuts" with nuts most times, trying to continue a good habit this month. Counting the number of "nuts" free days.) I am still learning a lot about myself in this area!

Lots of freggies today? Yes

Pass day 2/3 (this is for accountability to myself and my records).
  • stella7x7
    stella7x7 Posts: 2,655 Member
    Options
    8/21
    Exersised yes
    Caleries yes
    Logged yes
  • abowersgirl
    abowersgirl Posts: 3,409 Member
    Options
    February 10/3
    March 12/3