• jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,088 Member
    Options
    CasandraW wrote: »
    JessicaKrall8
    Late Friday Weigh-in
    PW: 306.2
    CW: 307.3

Rough week for me...so bad that I don't even want to talk about it. I'm just all over the place lately...great example, huh?! :/:'(

It is a great example. You had a tough week and still show up, still offer us all encouragement. I hope next week is better for you.

@CasandraW Thank you so much for your kind words...You have no idea how much I appreciate it!! **HUGS**
    Jess
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    laceyf53 wrote: »
    JessicaKrall8
    Late Friday Weigh-in
    PW: 306.2
    CW: 307.3

Rough week for me...so bad that I don't even want to talk about it. I'm just all over the place lately...great example, huh?! :/:'(

It actually is a great example, because failure leads to success. No person (or very few people) just lose 100+ lbs without plateaus or gains. By being cognizant of the downs, you're learning and preparing for your next loss. By not giving up, you are already succeeding!

@laceyf53 Thank you so much for your kindness...I appreciate it!!! Better week ahead, I hope!
    Jess
  • jessicakrall8
    edited August 2021
    Options
    CONGRATS to this week's top three winners and to everyone who walked in the Step Challenge...great job all!

lu3d6yxyvfut.png
  • JoDavo66
    JoDavo66 Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    angmarie28 wrote: »
    Super busy. My work has been so short staffed so I have been working tons. I go back to work at the school on Monday, thank goodness. Ill still be working at my other job, but I will have a lot more down time.

Hope you can continue to get some time for you.
    I'm trying to get the house sorted before school starts here in UK. Working in a school is crazy, I'm just dreading the 11-16 year old covid infections rise as they all get back together again!
    I REALLY ❤ love your previous post of the steps direct from your fitbit- I'm thinking that's so easy.... Nice one!
  • JoDavo66
    Options
    08.20.21 weigh-in: 200.6

I'll admit that this was a hard pill to swallow, so to speak.

I have not ONCE gone over calories, and I carefully weigh and track every single thing that I eat and drink like it's my darn religion. I've been working out -- swimming about 1.25 miles every day this week, plus strength training and even some yoga/stretching (thanks to the GoT challenge!).

Yeah, yeah, yeah. My brain is fully functional and I know that it's ToM and that means water retention. I also know that exercises like lap swimming and lifting weights build muscle, and that weighs more than fat. I also know that sometimes, the body just needs to take a breath and recalibrate before it starts moving again, and this isn't even a true plateau because it's just a couple of weeks. But last week, I was down to 198.4, and now I've popped back up to 200.6.

Stress is a factor too. My kids go back to school and I head into my student teaching experience next week. I have to miss their first day of school (two 3rd graders and a kindergartner *sob*). I'm trying to finish my second Masters so that my husband and I can finally separate and move into the next chapter, and this student teaching assignment seems to be making things extra tense because it's making our pending separation very real -- and it's very sad. :cry:

Time to tighten my ponytail and double-down.

Big hugs, you're there! I get your frustration re:weight but you can do that by end of month.
    Good luck with teaching placement- what age group? Or Subject?
    Tension & stress do make things challenging.
  • JoDavo66
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Sorry for being late with weigh in. I've been in and out of the hospital all week and didn't get home until 2:00am. I forgot all about it until I weighed myself this morning. 🤦🏻‍♀️

Ewilhelm2487
    PW: 219.2
    CW: 215.4

Like 👍 the loss & 🤗 too

Poor you & hyperemis. I remember reaching 12 weeks the 1st time- took 5 months - and it didn't stop. Then they said 14- that took another month. It just seems like forever when you're in the thick of it. Mine are 17 & 15 now. I still get the shivers thinking about it especially if I get a vomiting bug. Take care xoxox
  • CycleMomOf3
    CycleMomOf3 Posts: 336 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options

4th grade honors math! FUN, right? (No sarcasm here. I really like teaching math and 4th graders are so much fun. They're reading cool things and they understand things like sarcasm.)
  • JoDavo66
    Options
    laceyf53
    Friyay
    PW: 198
    CW: 199.5

Added working out this week again, tried to start 21 day fix (which is NOT hard!)

I was so sore I couldn't sit or walk for 3 days. 😂 Tried again today, feeling better. Scale says I'm uo approximately 4 lbs in water so not worried about it.

This week I also went out to breakfast with my husband every single day. He's on his 2 week vacation and our daughter started school so I took advantage. Went crazy and had potatoes 😂. No bread, no sugar. Just omelettes with veggies and either fruit or potatoes.

This is why I've been so strict with myself though. For me to lose fat, I have to undereat significantly. I can maintain fine and if I eat refined carbs, I can gain 5 lbs a week it is very easy for me to gain. But losing always requires me to restrict quite a bit, which makes exercising hard. No dairy, very limited fat, mostly veggies and lean meat. But I want to workout because my goal is to hike and ride horses and swim and be fit, not be skinny (although I need to be thinner to ride my horses). It will be a balancing act for now and require some sacrifice this month if I want to maintain my 10 lb ish per month loss.

The next 10 lbs means a lot to me. 10 lbs means I'm overweight, not obese. It is the next dress size down - a dress size 14, the last plus size. It's where I'm comfortable being in photos and happy/proud of myself. I feel like that will be the first time in this process where I can put my head up and say yeah! You've really come a long way. It's also closer to where I feel I can start adding hard exercise without hurting myself. The next 10 lbs is sooooo close, but I'm going to have to buckle down to get there.

I could've written this. I share your pain with how easy to put on with carbs but the calorie deficit to loose.......
    Hang in there
  • JoDavo66
    Options
    eewc07p0mlzj.jpg
  • JoDavo66
    Options
    oqdex4jwzagk.jpg
  • ewilhelm2487
    ewilhelm2487 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Sorry for being late with weigh in. I've been in and out of the hospital all week and didn't get home until 2:00am. I forgot all about it until I weighed myself this morning. 🤦🏻‍♀️

Ewilhelm2487

@ewilhelm2487 I am SO sorry to hear that you're having such trouble...hope you and the baby are ok!!!! I can certainly understand where a weigh in was the last thing on your mind! Give us an update, if that's not too personal...I'll be praying...and hope your bouts with nausea are getting better, not worse. I have a friend who's on wk 33 of a high risk pregnancy...she's been sick the ENTIRE time and was joking this past week that it felt like she'd been pregnant for 18 months! They just set her caesarean date...I know she'll be glad and all she's hoping for is for her son to be born healthy! I hope the same for your little one when it's time...but I hope you get to feeling better too...
    Jessica

I am 12wk with what seems forever to go. I'm hospitalized atleast once a week due to severe dehydration. I am on two different anti-nausea medications to help and it does for a few days then I start to feel bad again.
    I have had Hyperemesis gravidarum with all my pregnancies and with my youngest I was sick every day except the day I went into labor.
    I'm trying to stay positive and keep pushing through. The second trimester gets better but I still can't eat alot. I've lost 25lbs in 6 weeks and I'm just exhausted and want to start to feel relief.
    Baby is healthy though. It's sucking my soul from my body 🤣🤣

I had the same thing with my pregnancy, ended up losing 41 lbs and was never able to eat much of anything but that first trimester was the WORST.

Maybe we can go in halfsies, write the pregnancy weight loss diet book and become millionaires. 😂

Yes!!!! I'm down. I'll start my diary asap 🤣🤣
    I lost 35+ with my 2yr old. But that's because i just stopped trying to eat. I was so tired of throwing up food I said I had enough.
  • ewilhelm2487
    ewilhelm2487 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    JoDavo66 wrote: »

Ewilhelm2487

Like 👍 the loss & 🤗 too

Poor you & hyperemis. I remember reaching 12 weeks the 1st time- took 5 months - and it didn't stop. Then they said 14- that took another month. It just seems like forever when you're in the thick of it. Mine are 17 & 15 now. I still get the shivers thinking about it especially if I get a vomiting bug. Take care xoxox

Oh man, when I'm not pregnant and I get the stomach flu I instantly start crying because for those few days I feel pregnant again and it's horrific.
    It's so hard to explain to people how bad HG really is because unless you experience it you can't fathom the amount of energy that gets drained from you and the sacrifice you make for months. With my youngest I was sick every day except the day I went into labor. I could eat but I was sick every morning until about 10/11am every day in the third trimester. The day after I had my son I ordered the biggest breakfast they would let me have and ate my boyfriend's food. 🤣
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    Very sorry to be losing @JoDavo66 at the end of August :( but I understand that sometimes our journey takes a different turn. I wish her the best and hope she'll stay in touch with me via email.

That being said...if anyone would like to volunteer to assist the team leadership as a Motivator or Co-Captain, I would love to talk with you. Please send me a PM from your Home MFP page in the Mail section and give me your thoughts. I could really use the help.

Thanks for considering...
    Jessica :smile:
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,390 Member
    Options
    Hi trimstones .... You have a new member heading your way ... Please welcome @teresalc304 :)
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    Sunday, August 22
    • Exercise: 2x Dance with Deepti
    • Net calories: 1597
    • Vitamins: yes
    Ramblings of the day
    My day wasn't all that interesting. I mostly read a lot which was nice. I did two Dance with Deepti workouts in a row in the evening because I ate a little bit too much. Net cals still came out too high, but not the worst really. I liked doing two workout; it was still doable and they are really fun, so it didn't feel like I was hopping around for 55 minutes at all.
    JotnRqx.png
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    pqlaxb3hr27p.jpg

I just wanted to say hi and my name is Teresa I'm trying to get use to this site. I'm from West Virginia Happily married to my best friend of 22 years been together for 26 years. He was diagnosed for prostate cancer in October he took radiation 28 radiation treatments we go back next month to see if the cancer is gone. I also have a 19 year old son who is type 1 diabetic and I'm type 2 and have high blood pressure. And I need to lose this weight to get off my medications plus I take insulin. I am 58 years old and I take care of the elderly and love my job. Sorry I wrote a book lol.

Hi @teresalc304 and welcome to TrimStones!! I am your Captain, Jessica...and I hope you find this team as supportive and helpful as I've found it for a few years now. Small world...I'm originally from Kentucky (born and raised) although I'm now in coastal Virginia. Driving back home to visit family on occasion, I pass right through on I64. Either way you look at it...we're neighbors! :smile:

I am sorry to hear your hubby is suffering with cancer. I've lost SO many to it over the years. Like you, I'm in my mid-50s and need to lose weight, but fortunately I'm not diabetic yet...just have to watch things. I do take BP meds and thyroid meds. Both of which, I'd like to come off of.

Again, welcome and let me know what I can do to help be of support to you. The more you post and use the group, the more you'll get out of it, so make a habit of reporting in and just letting us know how your day is going. Ask questions, share your struggles AND your triumphs!!

Take care and good luck in Sept. Hope to hear from you soon...
    Jessica
  • Waifer003
    Waifer003 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Waifer003
    Weigh-in Day - Monday
    PW 173.5
    CW 173.8

Although it’s a gain, I’m pretty excited that it’s only 0.3 since I just returned from a week of vacation. Plan to hit it hard this week.
This discussion has been closed.