Trimstones - Team Chat AUGUST 2021

jugar
jugar Posts: 10,010 Member
4bak795kng4d.png

Here is your Team chat room for August 2021. This is where you weigh in every week, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Try to post every day, and help each other succeed!

We have six great teams. The group and team leaders are as follows:

Our Moderators:
Liselyn - @jugar
Beka - @Beka3695
Teresa - @TeresaW1020
Megan - @Megan_smartiepants1970

Our Team Captains:
Downsizers - @lindamtuck2018 and @Megan_smartiepants1970
Mission Slimpossibles - @broncobuddee and @TeresaW1020
Trimstones - @mulecanter and @jessicakrall8
Weight No More - @minstrelofsarcasm and @melaniedscott
WaistAways - @jugar and @ashleycarole86
Shrinking Assets - @Beka3695 and @imgwendolyn2015

Our Team Motivators:
Downsizers - @TheresaM787 and @Poobah1972
Mission Slimpossibles - @AustinRuadhain @katmary71 and @trooworld
Trimstones - @angmarie28 and @JoDavo66
Weight No More - @rachelrjh
WaistAways - @conleywoods
Shrinking Assets - @hipari [/center]

HOW IT ALL WORKS:
Every challenger weighs in on their chosen day, every week without fail! At the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win!

We also track those small, steady losses with the Green Week count. If you lose, however small an amount, it counts for 1 week in the green. At the end of the month, we celebrate everyone who lost every week. You are heading steadily towards your goal even if you aren't at the top of the weight loss leaderboard!

To make your weigh-in easy to find for your team Captains, please put it right at the top of a message, and use this format:

Username
Weigh In Day:
PW (Previous Weight):
CW (Current Weight):

If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to inform your team captain if you are traveling, sick, or just need some time off. If you take a break, you are moved to the Support Team. You can remain on the Support Team for as long as you need to. You still participate in the discussions, you can weigh in if you want to, but it will not count in the weekly tally.

Once you reach your goal weight, you join the Goal Zone! You continue to weigh in every week. If you have 2 weeks above your self-defined goal zone, you go back to the regular team to lose that amount before it builds up. You will have a chance to hone those maintenance skills and stick with your team!

In addition to your own team, there are weekly F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the Announcements section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love! Introduce yourselves right away, and let the new month begin!!

Replies

• jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,070 Member
    Because we're in between chat rooms, I'll paste this in both...so no one misses out!

Here's this week's THIS or THAT! Please use the original chart below, using your snipping tool, and cut/paste into your response and highlight your answers. Also, choose ONLY ONE answer for each one...no BOTH responses! If any of the entries leave you with a thought or a story to share, please do so.

e6cyoohlawcy.png

ls0h2umyvng6.png

Enjoy! Can't wait to read your thoughts this week!
    Jessica :smiley:
  • jessicakrall8
    zjd04c6j60e9.jpg

Now accepting sign-ups for the August Step Challenge! If you're a Fitbit junkie like many of us, why not participate in our monthly step challenge?! Great way to support your weight loss program for the month, while enjoying a little rivalry and good fun!

Simply post your first name, your daily step goal and tell me where's your favorite place to walk...it's THAT easy. I'll get you plugged into the spreadsheet, which is conveniently located just under the same chart where we record our weekly weigh-ins...off the main Fat2Fit page, where you registered, look under the heading "TO ACCESS THE SPREADSHEET..." and you'll find it. When you see the weight chart for Trimstones, just scroll down and you'll see the chart marked STEP CHALLENGE.

Hope to see you there!! Who's gonna win each week? Will you make the Top Three for August?!! Join us! Let's see how far we can go!
    Jessica
  • Waifer003
    Waifer003 Posts: 280 Member
    Waifer003
    First name Tammy
    Step Goal - 10,000

I like to walk around my neighbourhood, stopping to pet all of the neighbourhood dogs 🙂
  • Waifer003
    Waifer003 Posts: 280 Member
    uhji31xuen2d.jpeg

When people ask me that question, “If you could only have one food to eat for the rest of your life what would it be?” Fresh, hand-cut french fries. Hands down. In the city I grew up in, there is a “chip wagon” that serves the best French fries. At one point in my childhood those fries were named “Best fries in Canada” in a prominent national magazine. I can actually conjure up the taste of those fries and make my mouth water lol. I don’t get home often, but when I do I promise myself one trip to the chip wagon.
  • Chalmation
    Chalmation Posts: 2,625 Member
    edited August 2021
    Cindy
    Daily step goal: 8,000
    Indoors

• Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,539 Member
    edited August 2021
    Hello everyone!

My name is Laura and I live in a small town in the Netherlands with my cat. I live around 5 bike minutes away from a National Park where I love to walk and take pictures. Some other things I enjoy are gaming (Final Fantasy 14 & Flight Rising), reading (fantasy mostly), singing (plan to join a choir again soon!) and going to the gym.

I have been seriously working on losing weight since October 2020; that's when it started clicking and working for me, despite numerous efforts before then. I have lost 16 kilos so far, though I have a hard time feeling/noticing it. When 20 kilos are gone, I will take new pictures so I can objectively compare them to the ones I took at my highest weight.

Good luck for August everyone. <3

q3w0bllzcu08.png

Salty stuff is my jam. If tea had calories, I'd be in trouble. I don't have facebook or twitter myself, but I check twitter regularly to check on streamers and such. I have done paper delivery when I was younger and hated it, but I also dislike kids, so I would go for the paper anyway. Libraries are a lovely place; I used to volunteer there.

The first choice is a bit strange to me. Paying bills isn't optional, so I went with that.
  • napattack9558
    napattack9558 Posts: 52 Member
    Weigh in Day: Sunday
    PW: July start 166.7 // July finish 155.2
    CW: 155.2
  • CharmingPassion
    CharmingPassion Posts: 556 Member
    Lets see....

I'd rather...

Make a donation over paying bills
    French fries over ice cream (I've never been into ice cream)
    Coffee over tea (Coffee is life, enough said)
    Chips over pretzels
    Board game over gameapp (hungry hungry hippos is everything)
    I dont want to jump rope or play hopscotch
    Twitter over facebook (I actually left facebook two years ago. And twitter I look at maybe once a week, but I don't feel obligated to have people on there just because they are related. )
    Babysit over delivering papers (unless its an actual baby then totally switch this)
    Library over community park
    Spring or Fall, makes no difference where I live. lol. Just never summer.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,010 Member
  • JoDavo66
    JoDavo66 Posts: 526 Member
    edited August 2021
    New month: let's do this
    qsu043j7p2q0.jpg
  • JoDavo66
    h7yk6ilhsyee.jpg

• JoDavo66
    k9qcte3d74nz.jpg
    What can you achieve in 21 days?
  • JoDavo66
    edited August 2021
    md96v7rzrewb.jpg
    Welcome to all our new members & those returning this month.
    I find keeping a journal or planner helps me stay accountable to myself (love decorating my Happy Planners).
    I've had a lovely few days away and restful weekend. I haven't gone crazy with food but I haven't held back either. Changed my date to a Wednesday as joined an online coaching session (friend who was one of UK's top WW coaches set up on own: members use a UK app or MFP).
    Hubbie has 1 more week of holiday so we're starting on some deep cleaning and a little decorating tomorrow.
  • JoDavo66
    Pupowl wrote: »
    Hello everyone!

My name is Laura and I live in a small town in the Netherlands with my cat. I live around 5 bike minutes away from a National Park where I love to walk and take pictures. Some other things I enjoy are gaming (Final Fantasy 14 & Flight Rising), reading (fantasy mostly), singing (plan to join a choir again soon!) and going to the gym.

I have been seriously working on losing weight since October 2020; that's when it started clicking and working for me, despite numerous efforts before then. I have lost 16 kilos so far, though I have a hard time feeling/noticing it. When 20 kilos are gone, I will take new pictures so I can objectively compare them to the ones I took at my highest weight.
    HI well done on your loss so far.
    Where are you in Netherlands? I'm UK but have driven through NL quite a few times when visiting family & friends in Luxembourg & Germany. We camped at gorgeous little village near Nijmegan one year.
  • JoDavo66
    STEP Goal for Aug
    Jo (JoDavo66)
  • JoDavo66
    edited August 2021
    0i35eu96grzh.jpg
    Got to pay bills & although I feel good knowing they are paid, I'd rather make a voluntary donation knowing I have the choice to pay to help someone.
    Ice cream is a huge weakness. Whilst away, we had meal out with my cousin & partner who commented on her ice cream weakness too- guess we have our Grandad to thank, when our Dads were little Grandad used to make ice-cream to sell around the local streets.
    Love Tea- I can only drink lattes/mochas now but I can drink tea for England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
    Hopscotch easier than jumprope- I trip on rope!
    As much as I love the fall colours & new school term, I hate dark nights. Spring means lighter nights, snowdrops & daffodils and the promise of summer.
  • jessicakrall8
    @JoDavo66 Please take a look at the Jul spreadsheet and let me know if you have steps to report for any of the days marked with zeros that you'd like me to update. I know you were out of town for some of the days, but thought you might have worn your tracker and want to update me. Let me know. Thanks!
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
This discussion has been closed.