Trimstones - Team Chat AUGUST 2021

Options

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,390 Member
    Options
    Another new member heading your way ... Please welcome @ellie3285 :)
  • napattack9558
    napattack9558 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Whoop whoop πŸ™Œ well done everyone! Does the team auto roll into September challenge? I'd be up for it 😜 xx
  • Chalmation
    Chalmation Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    Daily Step Goal: 8,000
    8/21: 5,908
    8/22: 8,178

Whoop whoop πŸ™Œ well done everyone! Does the team auto roll into September challenge? I'd be up for it 😜 xx

Yes, it rolls over.
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,088 Member
    Options

@napattack9558 For weigh loss, yes, for step challenge no, you have to re-enroll by sending a message in the chatroom, with your daily step goal for the month and where you hope to walk for the month. Hope this helps.
    Jessica
  • CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Recommitting after a rough week.
    I hurt my knee a little a couple days ago. It’s feeling good again today, but I need to be careful with it. I have osteoarthritis in one knee and I know 1lb of body weight equals 3lbs on the knee.
    Each and every pound is going to help me keep a healthy knee and avoid replacement for as long as possible. I’m 38, it’s a little early in life for knee replacement surgery if I can prevent it
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,088 Member
    Options
    @CasandraW I'm SO sorry to hear about your knee pain...I hurt my left one back in December and it was April before I could walk well again and to this day, I still have stiffness in it...I'd always read that losing a pound takes 7 lbs of pressure off the joints...I agree, 38 is young!!! I'm 55...hope you get to feeling better soon!
    Jessica
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,601 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Monday, August 23
    • Exercise: Gym + walk
    • Net calories: 1293
    • Vitamins: yes
    Ramblings of the day
    Decent start of the week. Went to the gym in the morning, felt good. Home, shower, walked to the store for some small things. Had a long nap and then went out for a walk in the evening. I can't do the elliptical for a long time yet, but I am working up to 10 minutes for warming up. Did 5 last week, 6 this week, 7 next etc. I really dislike that machine!
    r9jljuH.png
  • napattack9558
    napattack9558 Posts: 52 Member
    Options

@napattack9558 For weigh loss, yes, for step challenge no, you have to re-enroll by sending a message in the chatroom, with your daily step goal for the month and where you hope to walk for the month. Hope this helps.
    Jessica

Thank you! πŸ‘πŸ˜Š
  • JoDavo66
    JoDavo66 Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Recommitting after a rough week.
    I hurt my knee a little a couple days ago. It’s feeling good again today, but I need to be careful with it. I have osteoarthritis in one knee and I know 1lb of body weight equals 3lbs on the knee.
    Each and every pound is going to help me keep a healthy knee and avoid replacement for as long as possible. I’m 38, it’s a little early in life for knee replacement surgery if I can prevent it

Hubbie was told in his teens he'd eventually need knee replacement. He was about 46 when it happened which is young for UK. A friend's husband was 43- both were due to Rugby injuries in their youth. He strengthened his by weight training & running- but that was about 4 years after his 3rd surgery as a teenager & Army PT kept him very fit so he was able to build the leg up.
    Hope the weight loss helps & that you can manage gentle exercise so it doesn't sieze up.
  • JoDavo66
    Options
    I just wanted to say hi and my name is Teresa I'm trying to get use to this site. I'm from West Virginia Happily married to my best friend of 22 years been together for 26 years. He was diagnosed for prostate cancer in October he took radiation 28 radiation treatments we go back next month to see if the cancer is gone. I also have a 19 year old son who is type 1 diabetic and I'm type 2 and have high blood pressure. And I need to lose this weight to get off my medications plus I take insulin. I am 58 years old and I take care of the elderly and love my job. Sorry I wrote a book lol.

Hi - sorry to hear of the challenges you're facing. Hope & pray the cancer is gone/going. I made my hubbie get tested about 18 months ago- turned out (eventually as receptionist refused him blood test appt due to covid- for 4 months!!!!) not prostate but the symptoms he was having are also one of the Parkinson's disease symptoms and bu the time he got to see our GP other more commonly known symptoms were apparent.
    We're approx same ages.
    I'm desperate to loose weight to prevent type 2 as I know it could easily happen at my size.
    Welcome to the group.
  • JoDavo66
    Options
    Welcome also to:
    @ellie3285
  • JoDavo66
    Options
    Sunday evening I emptied most of study/craft room & finished it on Monday morning- needed the bed space. Total deep clean & with the help of my cousin I got the whole room painted by 14:30. Just finished as hubbie arrived in from work.
    I got most of it put back together, with his help,yesterday evening. I need somemore desk/table space and some alternative storage for the printer (I had 2 wall shelves but fed up of them accumulating clutter). Window sill is pilled up with clutter to be sorted & put away properly plus some will go on the pegboard system (IKEA one) my cousin is donating as she no longer needs it. I haven't taken an after photo as although clean, fresh & better organised- there's still a pile of stuff & the room isn't quite finished.

STEP: 8000 (ignore today's- it' only just after lunch)
    3jtwz48all39.jpg
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Welcome to @teresalc304 hope you find support from all of us on here.Sounds like you having a tough time at the moment.πŸ˜’
    Welcome to @ellie3285 also πŸ™‚

• izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    My steps
    8/21 10,500
    8/22 20,811
    8/23 16,645
  • Waifer003
    Waifer003 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Waifer003
    August 21 - 9,658
    August 22 - 7,734
    August 23 - 6,826
  • Waifer003
    Waifer003 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Waifer003
    August 24
  • JoDavo66
    Options
    JoDavo66
    WI: Wed
    PW:219.4
    CW: 219.4
    Was expecting worse as I lost the plot a bit after gaining last week. Haven't tracked everything. So I was quite pleased this morning.
  • JoDavo66
    Options
    z29gptxx2j76.jpg
  • JoDavo66
    Options
    For anyone wondering about taking on co-captain or motivator- it's honestly easy to do. @Jessicakrall8 is fantastic to work with. I can also email loads of images that I've stored to get you started. I found it's a good focus.
    Jess has admitted her own struggles & I"m there too- you don't need to be a perfect example or the most successful.
    Quite a few post regularly anyway and it would be an enhancement of that.
    I'm not dropping the role because of anything negative at all. I've joined with a friend who's ex-WW & set up own business and I'm simply doubling everything at the moment. I can seriously recommend taking this small role to help you.
This discussion has been closed.