August 23

Options

Replies

• Bovaryoo
    Bovaryoo Posts: 1,374 Member
    Options
    @clutterqueen 😻. What a beauty!! 🐈‍⬛ I am so happy you all found him and he is safe now.

Exercise: Yes - Yoga 30, Strength 20
    Tracked: Yes
    Calories: Yes
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    Options
    @clutterqueen your new kitten is precious! How wonderful of you to give him a new home!! What are you naming him?

@tdrjustus3 Happy Anniversary!

@seilidhe I don't think that makes you a bad mom at all!!! :wink:
  • mshawski
    mshawski Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    @clutterqueen - That kitty is precious!

• mshawski
    Options
    I can't agree more with @WhatMeRunning - running sucks. Hills especially stink.
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    mshawski wrote: »
    Yet hills are also the best! Hill repeats for the win!
  • mshawski
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Yet hills are also the best! Hill repeats for the win!

LOL. Touché. I'll rephrase. Some people find hills easy and enjoy them. After years of running, I think it's safe to say I am not one of those people. Hahahahahaha.

I'm just saying - if hills aren't your thing I think it's ok to continue to hate them a little bit while running them. Run them, get the exercise and get stronger - but not loving them is ok. I'm kind of grumpy in general though, so you know. LOL.
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    Truth is...

I hate hills and find them painful. Especially going down them.

Seriously. Going up them is hard, no doubt. But running down a steep hill is NOT fun in my opinion, and at the moment that is where I get my PF pain, so downhills are actually painful at the moment!
  • LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    Options
    I ran when I was young. It ruined my knees pretty much for life. So be careful.

I much prefer walking. I might do a slight job/speed interval once in a while.
  • DebyS137
    DebyS137 Posts: 4,457 Member
    Options

~ ~ ~ 8/23/2021~ ~ ~

Exercise for at least 20 minutes .................................... ✅ ... 190 + min.
    Stay within my calorie budget for the day ...................... ✅ ... I am
    Keep track of everything I ate and drank ....................... ✅ .... I did

STEPS.......... 27,200 + ........ 160 m Walking .... 30 m house cleaning .....

Documenting My CONSISTANCY = For personal ACCOUNTABILITY
    (if there is a P=instead of number its a Pass Day)

1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12-13-15-16-17-18-19-20-21-22-23
  • tahm42
    tahm42 Posts: 4,781 Member
    Options
    yes x3 We did all the things yesterday
  • bradkcrew
    bradkcrew Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    @Mrs_Hoffer @WhatMeRunning @mshawski LOL you guys...and what is this conversational pace you speak of @WhatMeRunning?

• donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 3,008 Member
    Options
    Mrs_Hoffer wrote: »
    bradkcrew wrote: »
    @donna25trinity Thanks. Hills kill me. I haven't run in years, so I expect it to be challenging, but it is just not getting any easier. I don't know, maybe this whole aging thing has a bigger impact than I would like to admit because I don't have any injuries/health issues to rationalize why every run takes every bit of mental and physical fortitude I can muster. I would say it is not sustainable, but I've got that darn 15k looming now so off I go right now to the gym for the my weight circuit and some speed work on the treadmill. Oh, help me....

@bradkcrew not long ago, @WhatMeRunning had some insight for myself and another UAC-er who was talking about how we couldn't understand why after all these months we still couldn't walk up several flights of stairs without being so winded we thought we were about to die! He suggested that we look at our "recovery time" from being so winded instead.... and I've come to realize that although I do still get winded (I work on the 3rd floor!), my recovery time after coming up the stairs is only 20 seconds or so now, versus 2-3 minutes a year ago!! :smile: Sometimes, when we don't "notice" any improvement in something, we might be looking at the wrong thing(s)! I know you'll do well with your upcoming 15k and am cheering you from the sidelines!!! :wink:

@bradscrew yep u got this 15ks! Great info guys I never thought of it like that. Xo
  • donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 3,008 Member
    Options
    @bradkcrew @WhatMeRunning @Mrs_Hoffer @ mshwaki great running info and can I say all this running talk has inspired me to download the Zero to 5k app. Lol I'll prob never use it but hey at least the thought is there right! Lol! xo
  • seilidhe
    seilidhe Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options

Amen!
  • bradkcrew
    bradkcrew Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
  • abowersgirl
    abowersgirl Posts: 3,409 Member
    Options
    February 10/3
    March 12/3
    April 10/3
    May 8/3
    June 6/3