September 21

Options

Replies

• snowshoe072
    snowshoe072 Posts: 4,532 Member
    Options
    @stella7x7

I know how much knee pain can sideline someone I have OA with bone on bone in both knees NO replacements for me thank you kindly but some PT helped and j have kept it up now I can do squats and stairs with minimal pain just a suggestion good luck
  • snowshoe072
    Options
    @Anya_000

Wishing you a speedy recovery but why not stay and at least keep logging ?
  • snowshoe072
    Options
    @jamcnewman

I hear you with ice and snow did you ever try the yac trax’s I have 2 pair one for ordinary snow and a heavy duty pair from REI a godsend it allows me to keep walking even if it is slower
  • readyornot1234
    readyornot1234 Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Anya_000 wrote: »
    I dropped out of UAC last week, but I'm looking forward to restarting October. I fell and fractured my foot, and with work stress, family stress and all, just don't have it in me to track, exercise and log.

But UAC has helped me so much. I'm going to take a break, and get right back in. I wish everyone the best!

Oh noooo. Take care and heal fast!
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    Options
    Anya_000 wrote: »
    I dropped out of UAC last week, but I'm looking forward to restarting October. I fell and fractured my foot, and with work stress, family stress and all, just don't have it in me to track, exercise and log.

But UAC has helped me so much. I'm going to take a break, and get right back in. I wish everyone the best!

Gosh, I'm so sorry to hear this! I get it with the stress tho. 😩 I do hope you'll stick around and continue logging, just to stay on top of the habit! In any case, please get some rest!
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    Options
    Sep 21
    ✅ ✅ ✅ Exercise today was a quick 20 min walk outside after work. (I didn't have a jacket! )

I enjoy walking and hiking. I love the outdoors, even in winter! I love nature, and the wildlife that I get to see! I'm usually listening to a book on CD, so the time passes quickly.
  • bradkcrew
    bradkcrew Posts: 1,509 Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Exercise: :) Rest day, sort of. Did my weight circuit at the gym and a 35 minute power walk.

Tracking: :)

Calories: :)

I am awed by the fitness level and exercise people in this challenge are doing.

I wish it wasn't the case, but I hate exercise. However...I'm doing it, so I like to think that makes me a warrior since the mental and physical struggle is so intense every day. Lol, last week I was on a 4 mile run and I swear the entire time the only thing I thought about was how much I hated it and never, ever wanted to do it again...hey, whatever gets me through.
  • yrc_pr
    yrc_pr Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    September 21

Hello! I'm mostly doing workout videos; my favorites are any dance or kickboxing workout. I also do some walking.

@Anya_000 I hope you recover soon 😊

Exercised?: Yes. Workout video.
    Calories?: Yes
    Tracked?: Yes
    1 Pass day used.
  • Jillygirl0220
    Jillygirl0220 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Exercise: 60 minutes of Zumba!
    Tracked. Yes!
    Ate within budget: Yes, slightly under
  • LeeH31
    LeeH31 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    ✅ - Exercise 20+ Minutes
    ✅ - Calories within budget
    ✅ - Tracked everything

Walking, bicycling, and resistance bands workouts are the things I am working with now. I used to enjoy doing Callanetics which is very soothing but deep exercise. As soon as I can I will incorporate it back in to my fitness regime. I cannot keep up with the tempo of most aerobic types of exercise, even fast lifting is too fast for me. I prefer slower, controlled movements done correctly.

@donna25trinity Congrats on reaching goal
    @Anya_000 sorry to hear about your accident. Hope you heal up well.

"I believe that fitness needs to come from within you. You need to respect your body. Only then will you have the zeal to maintain it. For me, keeping fit is a part of my lifestyle." ~ Arjun Rampal
  • JTreasures
    JTreasures Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3
  • slimtastesbetter
    slimtastesbetter Posts: 7,975 Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Tracked - Yes
    Stayed within calorie budget - Yes
    Exercise - 30 minutes weight machines and 20 min ARC Trainer cardio machine at Planet Fitness.
    Pass Days Used - 3

Exercise - My main form of exercise is running, which I've been doing since I was 47. I'm 61 now. There are a few nearby trails around here, some paved, some with small rocks, gravel & dirt, some flat, some hilly, so plenty of variety. Currently I run 4 to 5 days a week anywhere from 1 to 7 miles at a time. Furthest distance I've run is 13.1 miles when I did a half marathon, but that was in 2011. I cut down on distance after that due to injuries. Running wouldn't be nearly as enjoyable without listening to music on my mp3 as I run. 😀

I also recently started back at Planet Fitness a couple of times a week for strength training, using their weight machines. Again, listening to music on my mp3 as I do weights makes it more enjoyable. 😊
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, 15 minutes Pilates, 80 minutes of bike riding, and 63 minutes walking
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes, some left to spare today
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

I really enjoy exercise (in theory ;)) I was very active in sports growing up, so that is where my true passion lies.

These days, my most likely exercising is:

1) Walking. It's easy to do no matter what, and my dog loves me for it. I prefer this over all other things.
    2) Biking. My husband is obsessed with biking so it's fun for us to do together.
    3) Hiking. I live just outside Calgary so we have the mountains so close... gotta take advantage.
    4) Yoga. I love doing the Yoga by Adriene videos on YouTube. I have noticed HUGE improvements in my strength and mobility.

I don't do as much formal strength as I should.. I do push-ups and squats on alternating days. Could do more.
  • jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 4,051 Member
    Options
    @snowshoe072 — I do have Yak Trax and they are great fir out walking distances. Just don’t ever try to wear them, even briefly, inside. Like wearing ice skates. ⛸⛸

The issue is usually when going in and out. To the car, car to house, car to grocery store etc.