Downsizers - Team Chat SEPTEMBER 2021

Options

Replies

• rlaskey2
    rlaskey2 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    PW: 185.8
    CW: 183.4

Finally back to pre vacation weight, took 3 weeks! 😮. Another busy day yesterday squeezed in a walk at the end of the day. I did fully track my food but did until after lunch. Definitely trying to be mindful.

Going to try to work out today but I have a ton of cleaning that also needs to get done so we will see.
  • rlaskey2
    rlaskey2 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Poobah1972 wrote: »
    ON the android it's just called "Renpho"

I believe Renpho fit, renpho health are the wrong ones. Even though the renpho health looks similar, it only has 10000 downloads... Where as Simply "Renpho" has a million plus downloads.

Renpho fit I think pares to the exercise bike, jumping rope and other items.

I phone is also just renpho
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,485 Member
    Options
    @rlaskey2
    Nice loss! It’s not how long you took to get to your pre vacation week but the fact you are back there. I know for myself turning off the vacation eating has been a struggle. That is awesome steps given the fact you are now at a desk. It must have been fun to workout with your daughter.

@rwood566
    Take it slow until your back is better. Fresh veggies sound delicious!

@jayenguk
    I think it’s close enough to staying the same. Do you have any plans on how to drink more water this week?

@Bluetail6
    Another killer intensity minutes day!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Tuesday check in

❌ Steps 5k daily (Fitbit died)
    Zone minutes 233/650
    ✅ Stay within calories
    ✅ Track food accurately

Great swim yesterday. I have used the weights to work my arms mostly the last few days so I am intending to do mostly legs today. I still don’t know if it will be opened today. It’s pouring outside so I will have to do some indoor walks if it isn’t.

I am struggling still to get back to my “normal” eating. I did stay within my calories last night so that is a win. One day at a time!

Happy Hump Day!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    Steps

Swim
    26 minutes moderate

Pool weight workout
    25 minutes moderate
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,055 Member
    Options
    disclejo4x6q.jpg

SEPTEMBER WEEK 3 TOP STEPPERS ARE:
    1st @amymartin555 -124,440 steps
    2nd @Megan_smartiepants1970 - 119,493 steps
    3rd @rlaskey2- 88,211 steps
    4th @mari_moulin -83,754 steps
    5th @Piqueaboo - 74,260 steps
    GREAT JOB LADIES :):):)
    AS A GROUP WE WALKED 734,959 steps
    AWESOME JOB EVERYONE :):):):)

RECOGNIZING EVERYONE WHO PLEDGED THEIR STEPS
    @lindamtuck2018 -3/7
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 - 7/7
    @Piqueaboo - 4/7
    @rlaskey2- 4/7
    @red1185 - 4/7
    @rwood566 -5/7
    @amymartin555 -7/7
    @Jpedno -4/7
    @mari_moulin -4/7
    @mthomas0228 -4/7
    WELL DONE EVERYONE :):):):):)

• mthomas0228
    mthomas0228 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Daily Check-In for Tuesday 9/21:

Calories: In Allotted Range
    Water: 90+ Oz
    Exercise: 2 Mile Run + Yoga Stretches
    Alcohol: AF
    IF 16/8: Fasted 17 + Hours
    Sleep: 3hrs43mins (Monday Night)

Making some progress this week, on track with all goals!

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    9/21 Steps = 8,108
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,409 Member
    Options
    PW: 173 pounds
    Cw: 171 pounds
    Water 9 glasses
    Exercise 120 minutes
    Steps 6000
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018
    Thank you!! I am focusing more on workouts, as I am eating more. I am still losing, but much slower as I am less than 20 lbs. from my goal range. In an earlier post you asked me what it is that I do. I do a lot of cardio. I've mentioned the equipment we have in the basement, treadmill, elliptical, etc. I have also been doing a lot of walking, jogging, dancing around to my crazy fun music. I was biking, but it snowed here 2 days ago, lol. I do have a Peloton, so that is no problem. I have started using weights. I do planks, wall/counter/knee pushups. I can do a couple of the regular pushups, but a ton more if I do them against a wall, my truck while pumping gas, our kitchen island, with gloves on at a doctor/dentist/opthalmologist appointment, etc. I just won't do squats out of the house.
    I march in place no matter where I am. I have been steadily improving my N.E.A.T. I might look like a fool, but I am a much healthier one!1

How are things for you now you are back home and in more of a routine? I need to go back and look at posts, in case you already answered this question. Be well🙂.

It's great that you are staying in your zone goal minutes!!

• Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    Options
    Daily Check-in (9/21 stats):

Steps: 11,422
    Floors: 9
    Calories Burned: 781
    Daily Intensity Minutes: 164
    Total Intensity Minutes: 293/150
    Early W/O: Yes
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Hi everyone. Good hump night. Hope everyone is good.

Check in for 9/22:
    Steps - 5837. It was actually more but I kept my hands in my pockets so I wouldn't pick up expensive cooking stuff. Lol
    Calories - 1600
    Exercise - walked around a mall and grocery store.

Got compression socks today. I was able to wear them 5 1/2 hours. Definitely a chore to put on and take off.
    Going back to the gym tomorrow. I will take it easy to protect my back.
  • jayenguk
    jayenguk Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 The problem is they have made us move our water bottles to the other side of the unit so we have to remember to walk over which isnt good when your busy and cant get away ..so going to have to try and go and have a drink every hour if i can...next week I am off from work so it will be easy to just drink it then ..hope i can keep it up when back at work.
  • Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Hey guys... Neglected to post last night... But I did do my chest/tricep/and shoulder workout. Everything is A okay on that front. Got 7 Reps at 80 pound Db's this week so small improvements.

and this morning...

Good morning everyone...

Sleep was meh, but I got out of bed and headed down to the Dreaded Elliptical again this morning. Rain is never going to end it seems and it's starting to piss me off. 😜

But the good news is... I had some gas in the tank this morning. And I was able to push a full 30 second / 30 second HIIT for the full 30 minutes+ And got a decent heart rate going.

It's been really tough lately to find any spare time at all for anything outside of the Program "Work, Workout, eat and sleep". lol. But I'm trying. Hopefully I can catch up a bit today. 😉

Peace out!!! 🤗🤗🤗

we1flaj0asp0.png
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @mthomas0228
    That’s a great looking day! I am trying to incorporate some yoga stretches into my day. Did you learn them from going to yoga class?

@1002Shed
    A one pound loss is great. You are moving in the right direction. The fact you are feeling better is awesome and more important than any number on the scale.

@cormierannie
    Wow! Great loss and day! What are you doing to get all your exercise minutes?

@Bluetail6
    That’s awesome! We should all look at moving more. I think I an going to try to incorporate more movement into my day. I can think of a lot of ways I can do that. As for getting back into a routine, it’s been tough. I have to remind myself to weigh everything before I put it on my plate, to move more and I am hungry all the time.

Killer intensity minutes yesterday. I am going to try extra movement today to see if I can bring mine up. Thanks for the inspiration.

@rwood566
    Walking around the mall is great e exercise. Here they have a mall walker club? I don’t belong but on occasion I would walk around to get my walk in for the day.

@jayenguk
    Maybe you could set an alarm on your watch or phone to remind you to drink. Are you doing anything special for your week off?

@Poobah1972
    Every time I read about your elliptical sessions I am in awe. There are 2 pieces of cardio equipment that make me cry when I try to use them, the elliptical and a jacob’s ladder.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Tuesday check in

✅ Steps 5k daily (Fitbit died)
    Zone minutes 363/650
    ✅ Stay within calories
    ✅ Track food accurately

I had a really good pool workout. I was able to keep my heart rate in cardio or peak for 28 of the 30 minutes I was working out. The last 2 were in fat burn. I did a mostly legs so that helped. With close to 300 zone minutes left for my weekly goal I may fall short. I have my grandkids for the next 3 nights and 2 of those I will be staying at their house. If it doesn’t rain I will fit a walk in.

Happy Thursday
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    Steps

Swim
    30 minutes moderate

Pool weight workout
    28 minutes moderate
  • mthomas0228
    mthomas0228 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    @mthomas0228
    That’s a great looking day! I am trying to incorporate some yoga stretches into my day. Did you learn them from going to yoga class?

/quote]

I do stretches from a book called "Hit Reset: Revolutionary Yoga for Athletes" by Erin Taylor. Each chapter focuses on a different body part or muscle group, giving a few pre-workout stretches and then a few more to do after your workout. I found it a few years ago when recovering from a running related hip injury - this book saved my running! I do the hamstrings and hip stretches from the book religiously before and after runs. Only takes about 5 minutes before & 5 minutes after my workout. Makes such a difference!
This discussion has been closed.