Downsizers - Team Chat SEPTEMBER 2021

Options

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,363 Member
    Options
    tahm42 wrote: »
    @Beautyofdreams Thank you for your thoughts! My thoughts and prayers are also with you during your recovery.

Wow August seems so far away... Apparently the exhaustion was Covid Delta variant. Fought it at home mostly to have my lungs succumb to post covid pneumonia. Ended up in the hospital on high pressure oxygen for 2 weeks. Made it home Sept 16th. Still on oxygen but getting better every day. Got tagged with another auto immune diagnosis and found a mass in my abdomen that has to be removed as that could be the source of many of my digestive issues.
    Now here at home I am trying to wean off of oxygen and not worry about the up coming appointment for the surgery. I can sit and walk without o2 but to cook or use my arms while standing my heart believes I am in marathon mode and I have to stop and breathe. Patience is not a virtue with me. I try but I do get frustrated. However recovery is slowly happening. If I can only get people to realize that I don't actively have covid and I am not "unclean" I would be happy. I do feel I have lost an entire month. In essence I have. Already thinkimg 2022 will have to be my come back year.
    With covid I lost almost 20# as I retained about 5 lbs of fluid before going to the hospital. Was 225 on admission and 207 at discharge. The fluid unfortunately was in my lungs. Now to just maintain and have surgery and then I can focus on regaining my health.

I hope everyone is doing well and stay safe.

Sounds like you have been thru a lot ... I hope your surgery is a success ...you will get to where you want to be in the future ... we need you well 1st :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Its that time again for recruiting ... if you know anybody who would like to join please ask them to sign up
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10844838/registration-for-new-members-october-2021#latest
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    Options
    Daily Check-in (9/25 stats):

Steps: 3,253
    Floors: 7
    Calories Burned: 28
    Daily Intensity Minutes: 0
    Total Intensity Minutes: 664/150
    Early W/O: Rest day😊
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018
    Will get back to you. Dog is calling my name😁.
  • Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    When wasn’t at the hospital for ivs and dressing changes, spent the day outside watching the world go by. Was so still a grasshopper landed on my leg for a rest then eventually hopped off. The leaves are turning here and the breeze is cool despite it reaching 80 today. Am planning on enjoying my one legged rocking as long as the weather allows.

@tahm42 hope surgery solves your digestion issues. Personally have chronic diarrhea since 2015 so wishing you healing and recovery.
  • rlaskey2
    rlaskey2 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    9/24 9,600
    9/25 5,462

Friday I was completely beat after work so just relaxed when my husband took the kids to the high school football game. My body was so sore after not being used to sitting in front of a computer all week.

Yesterday I slept in and got 9 hours sleep. I ran errands went to my sons soccer and flag football game then took friends out to dinner as a thank you for being such good friends to us over the pandemic. I had seabass, it was good.

I did the dance workout again with my daughter yesterday. She isn’t loving it and neither am I. Thinking I may switch but I don’t want to start a new program for two weeks since I am traveling for work next week.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    rlaskey2 wrote: »
    9/24 9,600
    9/25 5,462

Friday I was completely beat after work so just relaxed when my husband took the kids to the high school football game. My body was so sore after not being used to sitting in front of a computer all week.

Yesterday I slept in and got 9 hours sleep. I ran errands went to my sons soccer and flag football game then took friends out to dinner as a thank you for being such good friends to us over the pandemic. I had seabass, it was good.

I did the dance workout again with my daughter yesterday. She isn’t loving it and neither am I. Thinking I may switch but I don’t want to start a new program for two weeks since I am traveling for work next week.

I need your steps for 9/21 ...thank you :)
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Good evening everyone. Hope you all enjoyed your weekend.
    Check in for 9/26:
    Steps - 13905.
    Calories - 1725
    Exercise - 6.35 mile walk 2 hr 2 min. Sore back but ok. Wore regular socks instead of compression.

Congrats to the big losers on the team. You rock. Good luck to the rest of us next week.
  • Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Name: Poobah1972
    Weigh in day: Monday
    PW 368.3
    CW 362.6
    Loss this week: 5.7 Pounds

And yeah totally ecstatic this morning with that result! 🥳🥳🥳🥳

Good Freaking Monday Morning Everyone! 🤗

I got a little bounce in my step this morning. The weekend was busy and productive. We literally hit 7 stores as part of our Saturday morning shopathon, filled the freezers with meat (and a ton of Vacuum packaging.. Or what like I refer to as "sucking meat"). Then Sunday, I got my man tools out and installed big ole garage style hooks on the concrete wall of the exercise room. And finally, once and for all got all the attachments for the Ironmaster Super Bench off the ground and neat and tidy. Reorganized the rest of the room, in light of new found space. Then I proceeded to dismantle the Cable station on my power rack and replace the slider (had some help from Lynn on this one, thanks baby)... And low and behold the replacement slider now slides no trouble at all. It worked out to about 1000 Exercise Calories on Saturday and another 1200 on Sunday. An on top of that, I got the Satisfaction of a Job well done. lol 😀👍😊😋😅

And the bonus is, we now have 2 fully functional high pulley stations on the rack which can be used simultaneously with independent weights. Which just mean's Lynn and I can each have our weights set up at the same time which saves more time. 💪😎😆🤓

The rain finally stopped on Sunday too, unfortunately I stayed too busy to actually have a chance to enjoy it. But with the weather drying up, so to apparently did my water weight... Cause I just WOOOSHED my *kitten* off this morning. 😆🥳😂😀🤗😎

Forgot to start my Fitbit this morning... Thankfully Autosense kicked in, but it definitely robbed me of 4 minutes. But I'll be completely honest I did precisely 25 minutes this morning. They were hard minutes though and my overall zone minutes was pretty much what I normally expect from a longer session. But yeah, I cut it 5 minutes short, because I just had enough. lol 😜

So yeah... Nice to see some weight loss even in the face of substantially higher Protein macros and slightly higher daily calories. Officially I'm now over 125 pounds loss this year... My BMI is set to drop below 50 at any moment. My Fat Free body weight just broke 150lb and is rising. And my BMR continues to rise (According the Renpho Scale anyway). All great news. 🥳😆🥰🤓😊

Have an amazing week Guys and Gals! 😆🤗🤗🤗😊🥰

eth44u526lrs.jpg
  • Abi2131
    Abi2131 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Okay I will update weekly 2k a day. Thanks
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,503 Member
    Options
    Daily Check-In for Saturday 9/25:

Calories: In Allotted Range
    Water: 90+ Oz
    Exercise: 2 Mile Run + Legs/Glutes/Calves Strength Workout + Yoga Stretches
    Alcohol: AF
    IF 16/8: Fasted 19+ Hours
    Sleep: 9hrs5mins (Friday Night)

Slept in late Saturday morning and got a lot of sleep! Was worried sleeping so late would make the day feel rushed with all I had on my list to do, but got it done and still was able to have a stress free day

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    9/25 Steps = 8,610

You are hitting those goals consistently. Great steps!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    We have a returning team member rejoining us ... Please welcome back @roz0810 :)
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Well done Downsizers! Number 2 on the leaderboard! 🎉🎉🎉

Congrats to the biggest losers for the week: @mthomas, @Fab64 and @amymartin555

• lindamtuck2018
    Options
    tahm42 wrote: »
    @Beautyofdreams Thank you for your thoughts! My thoughts and prayers are also with you during your recovery.

Wow August seems so far away... Apparently the exhaustion was Covid Delta variant. Fought it at home mostly to have my lungs succumb to post covid pneumonia. Ended up in the hospital on high pressure oxygen for 2 weeks. Made it home Sept 16th. Still on oxygen but getting better every day. Got tagged with another auto immune diagnosis and found a mass in my abdomen that has to be removed as that could be the source of many of my digestive issues.
    Now here at home I am trying to wean off of oxygen and not worry about the up coming appointment for the surgery. I can sit and walk without o2 but to cook or use my arms while standing my heart believes I am in marathon mode and I have to stop and breathe. Patience is not a virtue with me. I try but I do get frustrated. However recovery is slowly happening. If I can only get people to realize that I don't actively have covid and I am not "unclean" I would be happy. I do feel I have lost an entire month. In essence I have. Already thinkimg 2022 will have to be my come back year.
    With covid I lost almost 20# as I retained about 5 lbs of fluid before going to the hospital. Was 225 on admission and 207 at discharge. The fluid unfortunately was in my lungs. Now to just maintain and have surgery and then I can focus on regaining my health.

I hope everyone is doing well and stay safe.

I hope you are able to recover soon. Rest and use your oxygen. Get your surgery over with and work on getting strong again.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @Bluetail6
    Great day! Do you do your intensity minutes on the challenge week(Sunday to Saturday)?

@Beautyofdreams
    That sounds like a beautiful day. Are you allowed to do chair exercises?

@rlaskey2
    I don’t know how you manage it with work and kids. I thought I was going to crack up trying to get my grandkids shuffled everywhere they needed to be the last 3 days. Will you be weighing when you are travelling?

@rwood566
    Awesome walk! Did you try the lying on the floor position for your back? That’s what I will be doing after my walk today.

@Poobah1972
    Fantastic loss! I say you definitely had a whoosh. 125 pounds is crazy weight loss! You had a busy weekend. I never had issues (yet) with the autosense on my Fitbit missing part of my exercise for walks at least. I have paused my workout and forgot to restart it and if I remember correctly it didn’t pick up the time it was paused. I realized after maybe 20 laps I hadn’t restarted it.

@jimboden3
    This week coming will be your week. Congrats to your daughter on her engagement!

• lindamtuck2018
    Options
    We have a returning team member rejoining us ... Please welcome back @roz0810 :)

Glad to see you back Roz!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Sunday’s check in
    ❌ Steps 5k daily
    Zone minutes 12/650
    ❌ Stay within calories
    ✅ Track food accurately

Another day of red! I was totally exhausted when I got home from watching the kids for the weekend so I had 2 rest days in a row. I didn’t go to the pool this morning as my ear is still sore but I am going for a walk soon so I will get exercise. I might try the bike if I have time after my walk.

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Steps
This discussion has been closed.