lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,503 Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Wednesday check in
    ✅ Steps 5k daily
    Zone minutes 270/650
    ✅ Stay within calories
    ✅ Track food accurately

Feeling a little defeated this morning. I won’t reach my zone minute goal again this week. I probably have set an unrealistic goal. For next month I am going to drop it down. I am also struggling with the urge to binge the last few days. I am going to work on what’s contributing to this and stop it before it gets out of control. Historically, I tend to struggle in the fall which is weird as it is my favourite time of year. 🤷‍♀️

Happy Thursday!

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Steps

Swim
    26 minutes moderate

Water weight workout
    23 minutes moderate
  • Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    @Poobah1972
    What a great way to start the morning. Fall is such a nice time of year to walk. Would you rather walk or the elliptical for cardio?

It was refreshingly nice and cool this morning, and i think I had just the right amount of clothes on. But I like both options. I find the eleptical is easy on my feet and knee's so it's good when I'm feeling banged up from to much walking or hiking. lol

But if my feet and knee's are feeling good... Walking / slow jogging is where it's at. I slogged some signifcant stretches this morning. :)

• roz0810
    roz0810 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 I sometimes add squash like summer fruits or orange but most of the time just plain water which I love. I really don't mind it
  • Poobah1972
    Options
    Welcome aboard @Kitty2Kats

Thanks for allowing us to get to know you better. I'm a wise *kitten*, so don't pay any attention to me. ;)

have a great day!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,363 Member
    Options
    jayenguk wrote: »
    good morning! its my birthday! omg so my present to myself is stick to my calories lol hope you all have a great day

Happy Birthday .... I hope you have a wonderful day :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    I have decided to take the day off from walking ... My hip is giving me problems ..I had to cut my walk yesterday short due to it ... Will be doing things around the house and meal prepping ...getting ready for my 1st day back on Keto .. I have gained 32 lbs ..it is what it is but I have some work to do .... I will not let it frustrate me ... I will get back on the saddle and not look back :)
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Weigh Day Thursday...
    and I forgot to step on the scale this morning...
    will post tomorrow
  • Poobah1972
    Options
    jayenguk wrote: »
    good morning! its my birthday! omg so my present to myself is stick to my calories lol hope you all have a great day

Oh joy, Enjoy!!! and Good luck!
  • MJ_Keto
    MJ_Keto Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    WTGNicole wrote: »
    @MJ_Keto what are the noodles made of? Are they konjac noodles? Do they taste good? I'm so intrigued 👀 🕵‍♀️🤤

90qi8p8dhc5t.jpg
    jvyvwn4tdw1g.jpg
    Yes, they have konjac powder in them, along with a few other ingredients. I think they are pretty good, better than some "miracle noodles" I've had. They are essentially flavorless in my opinion, but their texture is good and they are a great vessel for yummy sauces.
  • MJ_Keto
    MJ_Keto Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Aqualang26 wrote: »
    MJ_Keto wrote: »
    Mjere! I'm so happy to see you here and on my team!! Let's tackle this together again!

After Lowjax I got married then pregnant on our honeymoon (and now have a 2 year old!) But ate my way through that pregnancy and infant hood and had to lose it all over again - so here I am!

Oh my gosh, so happy that you're on this team! What are the chances?! Congrats on your marriage and baby, now toddler! So excited to do this together (again!).
  • Poobah1972
    Options
    MJ_Keto wrote: »
    Yes, they have konjac powder in them, along with a few other ingredients. I think they are pretty good, better than some "miracle noodles" I've had. They are essentially flavorless in my opinion, but their texture is good and they are a great vessel for yummy sauces.

I'm always on the lookout for a good pasta sub... Closest I've found thus far is Palmini Hearts Of Palm products. Cal's are still very low, and it doesn't smell fishy coming out of the package. (which is a plus). We make amazing lasagna with it. :)

I'll keep an eye out for healthy noodle. ;)

• luccianaff
    luccianaff Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone my name is Katie! I live in the mountains in Colorado. My parents, sister, her fiance, and I live together on a lovely property of 35 acres. It also backs up to national forest which is amazing for hiking and taking the pups for a walk. I am a huge animal lover. Between all of us we have one cat, five dogs, eight goats, thirteen chickens, and one horse.

I have been on my fitness pal since 2010 I think that's when we first started keto way back before it was a big thing. Haha I have used it off and on all these years. In 2013 I started having chronic pain all over my body. I had a myriad of tests done and ended up having two doctors essentially tell me I was bored/it's all in my head. I refused to go back to any Drs after that until I got a good review for a doctor from a neighbor. Finally in 2016 I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia and hashimoto's disease. This last year was really hard and had a major flare-up that lasted really long. I ended up going back to the doctor (new one) and they put me on three different medications for fibro one for hashimoto's and the side effects were absolutely horrible. Last month I finally told him that I wanted to get back off of everything and try a elimination diet just to see what happens. I am currently doing a 30 day fruit and veggies cleanse then will be adding things back in slowly to see what I might have problems with.

My triggers are sweet and salty. Luckily my family has decided to do this diet with me so we don't have any junk food around and living a hour from town makes it hard to mess up. I also am determined to feel better so that's a big motivator.

Do you have a favourite diet you go by?
    I have done keto, low carb and intermittent fasting. I enjoy keto but it's hard to stay on it so I've been more low carb the past year up until now. I absolutely love intermittent fasting but I have stopped that for now as well during this cleanse.

What is your favourite way to workout?
    My favorite way to work out is lifting weights. I also enjoy hiking, horseback riding, trap shooting, swimming, and fishing.

What are some of your goals this month?
    My goals this month are to stick with this diet. I also have been doing my own personal daily challenge which started as a 60 day one which I completed, revamped and did another 30 days. Yesterday was my last day. It has had a great impact on my life so I'm going for another 30! Every day I write down five things I'm grateful for, take my vitamins, drink 64 oz of water, meditate or affirmations, spend at least 10 minutes outside, read, physical activity, skincare routine, and learn something new.

What do you expect to gain from the team?
    I'm hoping to gain more friends on here to help motivate me and for me to help motivate as well. I love seeing people's progress and being able to cheer others on! So please feel free to add me. ☺️
  • luccianaff
    Options
    User name: Luccianaff
    Weigh In day: Thursdays
    PW (Previous Weight): 147.4
    CW (Current Weight): 147.0
  • luccianaff
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Pickles175 wrote: »
    We have a new member joining us ... Please welcome @luccianaff :)

Yay Katie is here too!

She is lovely :)

@Pickles175 @Megan_smartiepants1970
    Thank you ladies! 💕
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    luccianaff wrote: »
    Hello everyone my name is Katie! I live in the mountains in Colorado. My parents, sister, her fiance, and I live together on a lovely property of 35 acres. It also backs up to national forest which is amazing for hiking and taking the pups for a walk. I am a huge animal lover. Between all of us we have one cat, five dogs, eight goats, thirteen chickens, and one horse.

I have been on my fitness pal since 2010 I think that's when we first started keto way back before it was a big thing. Haha I have used it off and on all these years. In 2013 I started having chronic pain all over my body. I had a myriad of tests done and ended up having two doctors essentially tell me I was bored/it's all in my head. I refused to go back to any Drs after that until I got a good review for a doctor from a neighbor. Finally in 2016 I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia and hashimoto's disease. This last year was really hard and had a major flare-up that lasted really long. I ended up going back to the doctor (new one) and they put me on three different medications for fibro one for hashimoto's and the side effects were absolutely horrible. Last month I finally told him that I wanted to get back off of everything and try a elimination diet just to see what happens. I am currently doing a 30 day fruit and veggies cleanse then will be adding things back in slowly to see what I might have problems with.

My triggers are sweet and salty. Luckily my family has decided to do this diet with me so we don't have any junk food around and living a hour from town makes it hard to mess up. I also am determined to feel better so that's a big motivator.

Do you have a favourite diet you go by?
    I have done keto, low carb and intermittent fasting. I enjoy keto but it's hard to stay on it so I've been more low carb the past year up until now. I absolutely love intermittent fasting but I have stopped that for now as well during this cleanse.

What is your favourite way to workout?
    My favorite way to work out is lifting weights. I also enjoy hiking, horseback riding, trap shooting, swimming, and fishing.

What are some of your goals this month?
    My goals this month are to stick with this diet. I also have been doing my own personal daily challenge which started as a 60 day one which I completed, revamped and did another 30 days. Yesterday was my last day. It has had a great impact on my life so I'm going for another 30! Every day I write down five things I'm grateful for, take my vitamins, drink 64 oz of water, meditate or affirmations, spend at least 10 minutes outside, read, physical activity, skincare routine, and learn something new.

What do you expect to gain from the team?
    I'm hoping to gain more friends on here to help motivate me and for me to help motivate as well. I love seeing people's progress and being able to cheer others on! So please feel free to add me. ☺️

So happy to have you join us .....If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask myself (co-captain) or Linda (captain)
  • tinaBawesome
    tinaBawesome Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Sorry if I'm asking this too early, but What exactly happens tomorrow with us NEW members? I read there will be a new chat on the 3rd, but wondering if we have to do anything in particular tomorrow? Thanks.
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,503 Member
    Options
    Sorry if I'm asking this too early, but What exactly happens tomorrow with us NEW members? I read there will be a new chat on the 3rd, but wondering if we have to do anything in particular tomorrow? Thanks.

just hang out here. When the new chat opens we will post a link in here. The October challenge starts on Sunday. The weeks for the challenge run Sunday to Saturday. That’s why the October challenge starts on the third.
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    Options
    Daily Check-in (9/29 stats):

Steps: 7,214
    Floors: 16
    Calories Burned: 227
    Daily Intensity Minutes: 24
    Total Intensity Minutes: 244/150
    Early W/O: Yes😊
This discussion has been closed.