TEAM: Gutbusters (October)

Options
AB0215
AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
Welcome to the Challenge new and returning teammates!! This is the conversation/weigh in thread for your Team :) Keep on losing because our first weigh ins begin THIS Sunday! I am here for you should you need anything - simply message me or tag me by putting an '@' just before my username (NO SPACES) and I will get to you asap! ~ Ashley @AB0215.

Replies

• ToadstoolBetty
    ToadstoolBetty Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Hello October
  • Colleen790
    Colleen790 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Colleen790
    October week 1
    PW 161.8
    CW 161.1
  • Jodee2021
    Jodee2021 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    PW 188
    CW 186
  • Calli1616
    Calli1616 Posts: 1,883 Member
    Options
    Calli1616

Saturday weigh-in
    PW 179.4
    CW 179.9
  • Pumpitusa
    Pumpitusa Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Gutbusters
    Pumpitusa
    Aug SW 345.2
    Sept 339.4
    Oct 329.4
    Nov 327.6
    Dec 328.2
    Jan 319.0
    Feb 319.6
    Mar 318.0
    april 320.2
    may 323.2
    June 323.2
    July 325.4
    Aug 327.3f
    sept 323.8
    10/3/21 323.8
  • barrett550
    barrett550 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Barrett550
    Sunday weigh in
    Oct 3rd SW 233
  • AB0215
    Options
    ABOUT THE CHALLENGES & REQUIRED WEIGHT POSTINGS

We are going to be running (Optional) Mini-challenges this month: Mini-Accountability Challenge

First and foremost is that participation in this challenge is optional. It's up to you as to whether you want to try this. If you don't want to participate in these challenges, you don't have to, the choice is yours, but I would like to encourage you to participate as it seems to help keep us on track and thinking about our goals on a daily basis and it's encouraging to see other's successes and struggles so that we realize that we are not alone!!

The Daily Posts Challenge is based on another challenge on MFP called UAC (Ultimate Accountability Challenge). The way UAC works is that the aim is to follow 5 basic rules.

#1. Track EVERYTHING you eat that has calories.
    #2. Stay inside your allocated daily budget. (you set your own budget)
    #3. Try to do at least 20 minutes of activity a day (anything: walk, run, cycle, swim, gardening, housework, yoga, gym, etc.. As long as it gets you active and off the couch)
    #4. 1 pass day permitted per week (went over calories, could not track, not enough exercise, intentional pass)
    #5. Check in daily (tracking yes/no, calories yes/no, exercise yes/no).

****End of the week. those who have managed to keep to plan for 6 out of 7 days are recognized in the thread as being part of the weekly "Winners Circle".

**A side note as there has been a bit of confusion for new members in the past, this is not the same as the official results, which are weight based, this is just another tool to help you reach your weight loss goals.**

**REMEMBER**
    You set your own daily budget.
    You choose you own exercise and intensity (no step limit, no exercises you cannot or should not do, 20 mins of gardening counts as much as a 10 mile run, activity is activity, anything that gets you up and moving!).
    Is not weight based (as weight fluctuates day by day).
    Can continue beyond weight loss.

Daily check in keeps you in touch with those doing similar. Longer term weight management is hard to do on your own.

It also has frequent resets (as in a circle each week).

It works on an honor system. Being honest with yourself and others is a key to making things work. Remember, this is a judgement free zone, everyone has good days and bad days, but the way to get to the finish line is by being honest and when we have a bad day, picking ourselves up and carrying on the next day!

Consistency and new habits have been shown the only long term successful way to change weight. We all want the progress made here to last a lifetime.

Your posts should look like this:
    Daily Post (Sunday)

Track: Yes/no
    Calories: Yes/no (were you under)
    Exercise: Yes/no (what type and how long)
    Goals/Day/Comments: (Tell us a brief description about your how your day went or your goals for the day)

Please post your weight on your scheduled weigh in day, as if you miss weigh-ins, you may be eliminated from the challenge and we don't want to see that happen!!

Your posts should look like this:
    AB0215 (username)
    Week 1 (which week it is)
    PW = (previous weight)
    CW= (current weight)

Please, please setup your posts in that format as it really makes it much easier for us to track your progress for the challenges and the weight loss!!

We are committed to this group and to help where we can, and please let us know if we can help in any way!!

Welcome to the October Challenge!!
  • AB0215
    Options
    Also as a reminder, we're still looking for a Captain if anyone's interested in helping with the admin.
  • ToadstoolBetty
    ToadstoolBetty Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Unbelievable.
    The battery in my scale was completely flat so could not do my weigh in.
    I haven't had any time to get new ones either.
    It's 1 of my things to get today.
    I worked all day over the weekend too so I was unable to stop anywhere.
    8am till 7:30pm with a 45 minute break.
    I work on care and drive to eat client in blocks. So I had no free time at all.
    My hip is bloody sore and a new mattress is coming soon.
    I need it 6 days ago. 😭
  • AB0215
    Options
    Mini Accountability (Daily Post) Sunday

Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes, 1 hour walk with my neighbor and her German Sheppards (they are great walking incentives)

Comments: I almost got all my plans done, we're just going to take the win.
  • AB0215
    Options
    Unbelievable.
    The battery in my scale was completely flat so could not do my weigh in.
    I haven't had any time to get new ones either.
    It's 1 of my things to get today.
    I worked all day over the weekend too so I was unable to stop anywhere.
    8am till 7:30pm with a 45 minute break.
    I work on care and drive to eat client in blocks. So I had no free time at all.
    My hip is bloody sore and a new mattress is coming soon.
    I need it 6 days ago. 😭

@ToadstoolBetty I understand how you feel. I had that problem with my mattress, you'll be so happy when your new one arrives.
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,203 Member
    Options
    Mini Accountability (Daily Post) Monday

Exercise: Yes

Comments: I started doing 10k steps/day this month. Did 3+ hours of cardio, including a 3 mile walk.
  • Calli1616
    Options

Calories: Yes, under
    Exercise: Yes, barely!

Comments: Last Friday I walked with a much fitter friend on a hilly route. I have an enormous blister on one foot and a normal size blister on the other. Having a little trouble doing things on my feet!😂
  • AB0215
    Options

Exercise: Yes, 45 mins weightlifting, 45 mins walking

Mini Accountability (Daily Post) Tuesday

Exercise: Yes, 45 mins weightlifting, 45 mins walking.

Comments: Had a tough day at work. I was determined not to let it get to me but it definitely did, however, I did stick to my plans and that's definitely making it better :)
  • looneycatblue
    looneycatblue Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »
    Also as a reminder, we're still looking for a Captain if anyone's interested in helping with the admin.

I'm crazy busy, like most people these days, I will do my best to keep the spreadsheet updated. I really need to be more active checking in and staying accountable. October goals! 😁
  • Calli1616
    Options

Calories: Yes, under
    Exercise: Yes, again - barely

Comments: Had a dental appointment yesterday that took waaaaayyyyy longer than expected. Luckily I love my dentist, she's great! Put a crimp in my plans though!
  • frankwbrown
    edited October 2021
    Options

Comments: Marathon-level exercise (for me anyway): over five hours of Strength training, yoga, walking, swimming & cardio!

• AB0215
    Options
    Mini Accountability Post Wednesday

Comments: This seems applicable today. I spent an hour or so with my neighbor and her dog trainer today. He spent a lot of time explaining to Lincoln's parents that we're training him to make better choices. The idea is that over time, repeating these actions, he'll make better choices on his own, instead of barking at the neighbor or chasing the girl next door while she's on her skateboard. The truth is, we're doing things in much the same way. We're training ourselves to make better choices and over time, those choices will start to become automatic, but there is that period where you have to be more strict or careful not to undo those new habits before they come a habit. The same way that Lincoln is in training all day every day, we are too. We're retraining our habits so that bad days don't knock us off course. Eventually we won't even talk ourselves out of that walk after dinner or talk ourselves into ordering pizza because we've had a crappy day and it's easier. That is the day I'm looking forward to.
  • frankwbrown
    Options
    Mini Accountability (Daily Post) Wednesday

Comments: 2 mile walk, 1.5 mile swim; 2 hours of other cardio; 13k+ steps.

• frankwbrown
    Options
    Mini Accountability (Daily Post) Wednesday

Comments: walked 2.25 miles, swam 2500 yards, did 76 minutes other cardio; 11k+ steps.

This discussion has been closed.