Downsizers Team Chat - OCTOBER 2021

Options

Replies

• WTGNicole
    WTGNicole Posts: 58 Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    I need to know as soon as possible if you want to be added, removed, excused , change your step goal etc. so I can add you to the October spreadsheet for our step challenge ...Thanks :)

I'd like to join this! This month my goal is 3500/day :smile: (edited, I had put wrong #)

@pickles175 I 💜 your mental-health related goals! you got this!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,390 Member
    Options
    WTGNicole wrote: »
    I need to know as soon as possible if you want to be added, removed, excused , change your step goal etc. so I can add you to the October spreadsheet for our step challenge ...Thanks :)

I'd like to join this! This month my goal is 3000/day :smile:

Awesome will add you to the spread sheet :)
  • WTGNicole
    Options

Thanks, Megan! I had put the wrong number before, I want to try for 3500/day :smiley:
  • Pickles175
    Pickles175 Posts: 211 Member
    Options

I'd like to join this! This month my goal is 3500/day :smile: (edited, I had put wrong #)

Thanks Nicole! I suffer from depression and I know as summer weather goes so does my positivity a lot. And so much of this all has to do with mental health. ❤️

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options

Thanks, Megan! I had put the wrong number before, I want to try for 3500/day :smiley:

Thanks for letting me know ... :)
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,503 Member
    Options
    @tahm42
    Glad you are returning to the team. It’s good to hear you are slowly improving from having Covid. Welcome back!

@WTGNicole
    It looks like you set some realistic goals. I think putting our goals out there helps us succeed. I know personally one of my goals last month was unrealistic so it is important to set attainable goals. We are here to help you meet those goals.

@Pickles175
    Good for you setting mental health goals. We need to take care of ourselves both physically and mentally to succeed. I might steal your goal of getting dressed daily. I constantly live in my pjs.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    I am trying something new... I have decided to weigh in daily ... I downloaded the libra app and the Health Mate app which sync's to my withings scale... so far I am down 2 lbs ... I will succeed .. I will get to my goal weight eventually ...I will not give up on myself .... I will take care of myself ... I have finally put myself 1st (this one is a big one for me) I usually put myself on the back burner and put everyone else 1st .......I have positive quotes on my bathroom mirror and all over my house to remind myself that I can do anything if I put my mind to it ... :)

Love this positive post!
  • WTGNicole
    Options
    Pickles175 wrote: »

Thanks Nicole! I suffer from depression and I know as summer weather goes so does my positivity a lot. And so much of this all has to do with mental health. ❤️

GIRL SOOOOO much has to do with mental health for SURE! I'm totally with you. We got this 💞
    I am trying something new... I have decided to weigh in daily ... I downloaded the libra app and the Health Mate app which sync's to my withings scale... so far I am down 2 lbs ... I will succeed .. I will get to my goal weight eventually ...I will not give up on myself .... I will take care of myself ... I have finally put myself 1st (this one is a big one for me) I usually put myself on the back burner and put everyone else 1st .......I have positive quotes on my bathroom mirror and all over my house to remind myself that I can do anything if I put my mind to it ... :)

This is so inspiring!!!! You can do this for SURE!!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Congrats Downsizers! You are on fire! 🔥

Congrats to the top weight losers for week 5 and the finale:
    @jayenguk
    @mari_moulin
    @Poobah1972
    @amymartin555
    @Aqualang26

• Pickles175
    Pickles175 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    @tahm42
    Glad you are returning to the team. It’s good to hear you are slowly improving from having Covid. Welcome back!

@WTGNicole
    It looks like you set some realistic goals. I think putting our goals out there helps us succeed. I know personally one of my goals last month was unrealistic so it is important to set attainable goals. We are here to help you meet those goals.

@Pickles175
    Good for you setting mental health goals. We need to take care of ourselves both physically and mentally to succeed. I might steal your goal of getting dressed daily. I constantly live in my pjs.

Honestly if I didn’t have to take my kids to school every day jammies might be my temptation as well! The pandemic and online school for a year and a half did a number on me. Lol

• MJ_Keto
    MJ_Keto Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    rwood566 wrote: »
    hi everyone, my name is Roger. 57 y/o. married, adult daughter who still lives with us. i live in san diego. i started getting fat while in the Navy. i got booted in 1995 after 12 1/2 years because of it. i kept getting fatter as time went by and it really escalated in 2008 when i lost my last job and hurt my back. i couldn't stand up straight for 2 years. overnight, literally over 1 night, something popped free and i could stand and walk without pain. i started losing weight after getting a chemical stress test but was chased out of the gym by fat shamers after losing 60 pounds. i gained back 100. i almost died one night in 2012 or 13 when my blood pressure med increase kicked in and made my b/p plummet to 50/0. that didn't make me lose weight. in 2017 i became house bound. i was unable to stand more than 2 minutes, couldn't walk 150 feet. i was unable to go to my dr. appointments for 2 years so my dr. called me and said he wouldn't renew my prescriptions until i came in. i had to tell him why i wasn't coming in - i couldn't fit in a car or walk into his office. he referred me to home based care, thankfully, which i had never heard about. when home based care took my case, they almost didn't, i weighed 566 pounds. i was released from them earlier this year down more than 200 pounds. i am currently down 298 pounds, off both of my b/p meds, no longer pre diabetic. i don't have a specific diet, just calories in. i don't count calories out since it can drastically change from website to website for the same thing. i have been losing 10-11 pounds a month since october 2019. i hope i start to slow down soon.

Roger, what an inspirational journey! Thank you for sharing your story with us.
    jayenguk wrote: »
    Sharing Sunday

What started you on your weight loss journey?
    I was just so big and wanted to be more healthy, I recently got diagnosed with arthritis and I was walking with a stick and so breathless and unfit, I got fed up with the pain and struggling to walk and at 51 this was not a place I wanted to be in already, so here I am losing weight and going to the gym.

Who or what will keep you strong?
    So MFP has really helped me to keep going and joining this group has really helped!!! The biggest thing is everyone at work can see I am losing weight and I just cant stop now, stopping is not an option because they ALL expect me to keep going especially my manager! ..plus they all saw me struggling and now I'm not, it would be madness to stop, they would all be so angry lol...plus I am determined to just keep going and I will never stop, THIS IS MY TIME.

So glad to hear that you aren't struggling any longer and that you have support at work and through this group! Keep it up!
    There was a number of reasons but number 1 was my health. My diabetes was out of control, I had no energy and it seemed like every other day a new medication was being added for a new medical problem. Last month I was finally able to stop insulin. Also, I have both rheumatoid and degenerative arthritis. I knew if I didn’t start losing weight and becoming more active they were going to make my life miserable.

There is two things that keep me strong. This group and especially this team. I have had a few downs in the last few years but the team kept me from quitting and gaining all my weight back. My family is definitely my who especially my granddaughters.

Linda, how incredible that you were able to stop insulin! Thank you for leading this team which is clearly offering support for so many people!
  • MJ_Keto
    Options
    For today, I'm focusing on my water consumption early on, which helps me prolong my morning IF, and then prepping my food for the week. When I lost 40 pounds with keto a few years ago, the key to my success was weekly batch cooking and pre-logging my meals. I've fallen out of habit with that good routine, so I'm looking forward to having some structure to my weeks starting today. I'm off to my local Natural Grocers (awesome store, for those of you who live near one) to pick up psyllium husk powder so I can make a low-carb bread recipe from Wholesome Yum. Their prices are so much better than Whole Foods ("Whole Paycheck")! ;)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    MJ_Keto wrote: »
    For today, I'm focusing on my water consumption early on, which helps me prolong my morning IF, and then prepping my food for the week. When I lost 40 pounds with keto a few years ago, the key to my success was weekly batch cooking and pre-logging my meals. I've fallen out of habit with that good routine, so I'm looking forward to having some structure to my weeks starting today. I'm off to my local Natural Grocers (awesome store, for those of you who live near one) to pick up psyllium husk powder so I can make a low-carb bread recipe from Wholesome Yum. Their prices are so much better than Whole Foods ("Whole Paycheck")! ;)

Have you tried Good Dee's low carb bread which is gluten free, grain free, dairy free and no sugar added.. I just made some it is cooling ... I bought it online and it has 2g net carbs makes 16 slices
  • MJ_Keto
    Options
    Have you tried Good Dee's low carb bread which is gluten free, grain free, dairy free and no sugar added.. I just made some it is cooling ... I bought it online and it has 2g net carbs makes 16 slices

No, that sounds awesome! I'll have to check it out! Thanks for the tip!
  • luccianaff
    luccianaff Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! Does anyone else feel nervous putting their goals in writing? I've written and deleted this post so many times. I think maybe I am having a fear of failure? Idk what's going on lol....but! I'm still going to do it. And if I fail, I fail. But maybe I won't fail! Or...maybe I'll be successful just a little more than I'll fail. And that would be awesome.

SW: I put 263, but I don't think that was right
    CW: 264.8

October goals
    • Steps: 3500/day
    • Active minutes: 150/week
    • Water: 128 oz/day
    • Log all food daily, even if it's embarrassing!
    • Be active here daily

Sunday is my weigh-in day. I chose it because it's the start of a new week, and reminds me that no matter what happened the week before, this is a sparkly new week!, full of hope and beautiful possibilities.

Sharing Sunday

What started you on your weight loss journey? Who or what will keep you strong?

This time? 😄 I truly have no excuses now--no major health issues, fully recovered from some surgeries, time/money to do what I need to do. I have to say I'm nervous!!--every time I start to look good and get attention I get pretty anxious because of some things that happened a long time ago. I think I'm ready to finally face all that. I don't want to live in fear any longer, I want to be strong & healthy! As to who/what will keep me strong, I am hoping this community will help with that, and I would love to return the favor and support all of y'all.

I used to get nervous about putting my goals into writing too. It gets easier! Especially if you start with little goals first.

I feel you on the getting attention feeling because of past experiences. Last year and this year I finally worked through a lot of my past traumas and I'll tell you what, its a whole new world! Don't get me wrong it was hard and scary and horrible but it was sooooo worth working through the pain. I am at the happiest place I've been in my adult life. I really hope you can work through things because you deserve to be healthy, happy, and confident! You sure seem like a awesome person to me!
  • luccianaff
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 I'm sorry your dad has fibro as well. That is brutal that you have RA and Sjogrens. Glad to hear you haven't had a flair up for a while! A elimination diet might help. I figured it's one thing I haven't tried. Today marks the first full week of my diet. (Though I've been weaning myself off meat and dairy for three weeks before that. I don't really eat many grains because I've been low carb since getting off keto) I'm focusing on eating as many raw fruits and veggies as possible. Though I'm already getting sick of smoothies! I will be back home tonight so I can start steaming and grilling some veggies. I'm going to try and stick to this for a month then start adding things back in. I will definitely let you know how it goes over the month.
  • jayenguk
    jayenguk Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    tumblr_pbv8073Tpy1vi3o1po6_r2_1280.gifv

waf467lgpsvw.png
    aiv7o4kejfhj.png

Team Standings:
    By Percent
    prc2fmhrfex7.png

By Pounds
    fadcf324k7rw.png

Individual Standings:
    By Percent
    uh8y9rq7gycr.png

By Pounds
    swnjenhhwmp2.png
    jmrw5kzp7ikf.png
    ocbyz1ugrv77.png

Your Team's Biggest Losers (Winners)!
    m8q5r5dcluou.png

Oh wow ..woooot!
  • luccianaff
    Options
    Wow I didn't know I was going to be part of the Champion team! Great work @jayenguk , @poohbah1972, and @mari_moulin ! Excellent job whole team! I hope I can be helpful even though I don't have much more weight to lose.

Speaking of which I woke up feeling fantastic so figured I would take advantage of it!

So far today:
    Took dogs for a 37 min 1.32 mile walk.
    Day 3 legs (app)
    Day 3 abs (app)
    12 min stretching
    39 min back, biceps, and abs
    Concentration curl, hammer curl, dumbbell pull over, side bend, single arm row, reverse fly.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    So far I have 3 members that have joined the step challenge for October ... Please let me know if you want to join ...Thanks :) Sorry if I sound like a broken record but I can not set up our step challenge if I do not know who is with us or not ...Thanks for your cooperation :)
This discussion has been closed.