Downsizers Team Chat - OCTOBER 2021

Options

Replies

• shortyjmorgan1
    shortyjmorgan1 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Bluetail6 wrote: »
    Two things started my weight loss journey. The first was when they found a tumor in my left breast. I was determined to get my body healthy enough to survive what I was facing. The second was I wanted to complete the Bataan Memorial Death March (26.5 mile hike in the desert) to honor the men who survived. My journey started in 2017 and has been up and down since. My new goal is to be able to wear a bikini for the first time on my vacation in December and to be ready to do the Bataan again.

Shorty. When I read this I was impressed, lol!! I am considering signing up for the Honorary March, in March. It is 14.2 miles, as I'm sure you know. It is so awesome that you completed the 26+ mile March, and are doing it again. Impressive, my friend!! 👏👏😊

The first time I did the march was the honorary. I thought I was going to die. I would love to say it gets easier but nope. Like the they say it's more than just a marathon. I hope to see you on the course in March!

You liked enough to be doing it again!! I figured it would be out of my wheelhouse, as I live at sea level. Hubs is from Santa Fe, so I get above sea level when we go. Because it is in Southern NM, that should be an easier start, wrt the elevation. Anyway, it would be wild to see you. I'll be walking it btw!!😁

You would be amazed at how many do it that live at sea level. I will be walking also but with a ruck. Starting walking alot every week. Your feet will thank you
  • Abi2131
    Abi2131 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Weigh in day Sunday
    PW 95.8KG
    CW 95.7Kg
  • WTGNicole
    WTGNicole Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Have found that nothing will elicit a change in my behavior until I am damn good and ready. Have learned that how I choose to react is my choice .

@Beautyofdreams your quote about no quotes is actually a very solid and inspirational quote! 👏🏻 it's so true!!!!
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 back is getting better and gut was ok the next day, thankfully. Went to the gym today and worked my legs and back.

@tinaBawesome whatever I sleep in, usually gym shorts and maybe a tee shirt. B/m doesn't come into my picture since I usually have one every 4 or 5 days. Bladder is another thing. I would be happy every 4 or 5 hours at night. Tmi.

@lindamtuck2018 how about a distance challenge for your swimming? Figure out how many laps it would take for you to swim the English Channel, or a local lake.
  • rlaskey2
    rlaskey2 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    9dmd2weix8dq.jpg

Here is my 2nd friendly reminder... Please would the following people get me your steps by tonight 10/4 so that I can post the weekly winners and the monthly winners ..If I do not have them then I will be zeroing them out later tonight.....Thank you :)

@888Angie888 9/26-10/2
    @Piqueaboo 9/27- 10/2
    @rlaskey2 9/26
    @mthomas0228 9/27- 10/2

9/26 8,672 thank you!

• Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    Two things started my weight loss journey. The first was when they found a tumor in my left breast. I was determined to get my body healthy enough to survive what I was facing. The second was I wanted to complete the Bataan Memorial Death March (26.5 mile hike in the desert) to honor the men who survived. My journey started in 2017 and has been up and down since. My new goal is to be able to wear a bikini for the first time on my vacation in December and to be ready to do the Bataan again.

Shorty. When I read this I was impressed, lol!! I am considering signing up for the Honorary March, in March. It is 14.2 miles, as I'm sure you know. It is so awesome that you completed the 26+ mile March, and are doing it again. Impressive, my friend!! 👏👏😊

The first time I did the march was the honorary. I thought I was going to die. I would love to say it gets easier but nope. Like the they say it's more than just a marathon. I hope to see you on the course in March!

You liked enough to be doing it again!! I figured it would be out of my wheelhouse, as I live at sea level. Hubs is from Santa Fe, so I get above sea level when we go. Because it is in Southern NM, that should be an easier start, wrt the elevation. Anyway, it would be wild to see you. I'll be walking it btw!!😁

You would be amazed at how many do it that live at sea level. I will be walking also but with a ruck. Starting walking alot every week. Your feet will thank you

I'm thinking snacks and a Camelback!! The heavy category - ruck... Wow, that is some serious stuff. I'm going to follow the light category training schedule, I think. I will be walking a lot in my hiking boots. That is the plan anyway.
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    Being T2 diabetic and returning to Keto ...I am happy to report my blood sugar tonight was 117( I usually do them earlier in the day but I forgot too so I did it before dinner ...in August my BS was in the 200's :) Great NSV if I say so myself :)

Nice!!😁
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,963 Member
    Options
    Being T2 diabetic and returning to Keto ...I am happy to report my blood sugar tonight was 117( I usually do them earlier in the day but I forgot too so I did it before dinner ...in August my BS was in the 200's :) Great NSV if I say so myself :)

Nice!!😁

Thanks Lee :)
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Good evening everyone. I hope all of you are getting thunder storms like I am. They are beautiful.

Check in for 10/4:
    Steps - 4138. Mostly around the house.
    Calories - 1673 or so. Ate out twice today. Ugh.
    Exercise - gym. 10 machines. 5 leg, 4 back and the little bumps on my upper arms. Lol
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,516 Member
    Options
    10/4
    Today was absolutely spectacular! Got up today and weighed 134.7 lbs! Think it is all water weight loss as the inflammation has been leaving my leg and foot and have been elevating leg to reduce fluid accumulation. Saw the infectious disease dr. Today and will see again the 27th. Check up went well though. No talk of amputation yet but he cautioned me that it is still a possibility. Was so jazzed by the number on the scale then grateful to everyone who directly or indirectly helped me get here. Will probably pop up tomorrow but still happy. Sorry, not much for motivational quotes. Have found that nothing will elicit a change in my behavior until I am damn good and ready. Have learned that how I choose to react is my choice .

That’s a big drop on the scale. Have you decided on a goal weight? It’s been so inspiring to watch you on this journey.

Abi2131 wrote: »
    Weigh in day Sunday
    PW 95.8KG
    CW 95.7Kg

Nice loss!

Great NSV! Any related to our health are so important.

jimboden3 wrote: »
    JimBoden3
    Weigh-in Day: Monday (Oct 4, 2021)
    PW: 212.9
    CW: 211.4
    SW: 240

I'm back to where I was on Sept 20th but it's a loss from last week so no complaining.

Motivational Monday - Share a motivational quote - How does it relate to you?

As it relates to weight loss ... "Life is meant to be enjoyed in moderation, not deprivation."

As it relates to life ... "In the end we only regret the chances we didn't take. Live life to the fullest because it only happens once."

Awesome loss! Love the weight loss quote.

MJ_Keto wrote: »
    Happy Monday evening everyone! I had a really large late lunch that sat heavy with me and made me feel tired and sluggish even though it was super low carb. I was feeling kind of bummed about it, worried that I was already falling off track only one day into the week, and worried that I wouldn't stay on track this evening. However, it all worked out in the end! I ended up taking my teenage daughter to a nature park after work with the plan that I would walk our dog while she ran (she's trying to get in shape herself, yay for her!), but I ended up running with her and my dog kept up (unusual for him, he usually putters out and wants to walk after about 1.5 miles), so I ran 3 miles which helped re-energize me. And then when I got home and logged my food I realized that I wasn't over my calories after all, and that my macros were right on track with my goals. I guess my lesson for myself today is to trust my body, and that exercise really does help almost everything (mood, energy, etc.).

Also, I've finally decided to commit to a goal for October of losing 8 pounds, which would bring me back to my maintenance weight from over a year ago. I was worried to put this in writing because it seems a bit like a stretch goal for one month, but 2 pounds/week is doable, and if I fall short I'll still benefit from the journey! [/br]

You really turned around your day. It’s funny how a heavy meal can make us feel. I have some foods that make me feel sluggish even if I don’t overeat them. How about you? I like your attitude toward your goal. You definitely benefit from that journey.

rwood566 wrote: »
    Good evening everyone. I hope all of you are getting thunder storms like I am. They are beautiful.

Check in for 10/4:
    Steps - 4138. Mostly around the house.
    Calories - 1673 or so. Ate out twice today. Ugh.
    Exercise - gym. 10 machines. 5 leg, 4 back and the little bumps on my upper arms. Lol

. Love thunderstorms! Great job in the gym. I might look into that as a challenge for my swimming.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Steps

Swim
    42 minutes moderate = 7,308 steps

Total converted steps: 15,488
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Transformation Tuesday

Let’s see some transformation pictures!

or

Tell us three positive things about yourself!

This discussion has been closed.