CW=232.2
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    paupeter
    Hi Everyone,
    This is Paul, first post in this group.
    I sought out this group challenge as a way to keep me accountable to weighing in each week, monitoring and making progress, in spite of whatever challenges come my way.
    I am a dad of 5 kids, 1 a sophomore in college, one a h.s. senior, a 9th grader, 7th grader, and 4th grader.
    We live in Minnesota.
    I work from home and also lead a cycling club.
    My wife has been sick off and on for the past 6-8 years (Lyme's and Mold Toxicity/Auto immune) which leads me to a lot of emotional eating and drinking that doesn't make me feel better or resolve anything.
    In January 2021 I was the heaviest I have ever been at 296lbs. Scary.
    I have large Scandinavian genetics - my uncles and dad are all big men. I like to think I am more muscle than fat but that doesn't really matter on the scale and with my fitness goals and interests.
    I love biking and ride a long distances, swimming laps at the Y, and try to keep up with all my kids' activities while making sure the house doesn't fall apart when my wife needs the day off due to illness.
    I have two goals for 2021 in regards to cycling. To finish a 120 hilly gravel bike event in Iowa - SWIGG at the end of June and a 100 mile hilly gravel event mid-May in S. MN. I have attempted both events multiple times and they are the hardest 10 hours on a bike you will ever do.
    I know my wattage/power on the bike will increase just by cutting weight. I also know that I cannot cut weight through biking alone. I need to end the week in a calorie deficit.
    Recovering after having COVID in April has taken way longer than expected and my biking gains this summer less than I had hoped for. So with a renewed focus, I am starting this October to lose weight and gain biking fitness. I bought a smart bike trainer and training software, Trainer Road, and am committed to completing their training plan to achieve my bike goals for next year.
    I am committed to losing weight through improving my diet, cutting calories, drinking more water, and making smart substitutions when I am hungry.

Friday morning, U.S. Central time weigh in.

Today's weight: down 2 lbs this week to 278. Progress.

Not as much bike activity this week as I have a race coming up on Saturday (tomorrow).
  • KakoHikes
    KakoHikes Posts: 410 Member
    Friday 10/08
    Tracked: Mostly, brought home dinner from a food cart, not sure on calories for it
    Under Calories: Probably not, I probably wasn’t too over, was relatively healthy dinner, a tofu plate, but it probably higher calories than I’m guest
    Exercise: Yes, went grocery shopping, google fit says was active 29 minutes
  • smcinto
    smcinto Posts: 55 Member
    Smcinto
    Sunday
    PW=144.8
    CW=145.6
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    tzuvsms4x697.jpg
    **October Week 1**
    g3jetnqqnzsg.gif

This Week's Winners (posted 6-7 times):

@Kakohikes.

Who else will make it into the Winner's Circle next week?!
    mdls2vxf2leb.gif

Week 1 Results have also been posted!!

Congrats to our top 3:

1st - @Jackiej311. - 2.21%
    2nd - @docbeauty1. - 1.19%
    3rd - @dymphnadaniels. - 1.17%
    2uweco3mgzor.gif
  • KakoHikes
    Saturday 10/09
    Tracked: Yes
    Under Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes, went for a walk, about 55 minutes. Also did some dreaded yard work for about 45 minutes. Need to mow one more time before it gets super rainy again, but didn’t really want to do that today, especially after cleaning up the front yard. Should still be fine to do it toward the end of next week though.

User: KakoHikes
    Weigh in day: Sunday
    PW: 209.8
    CW: 209.6
    Not the best results ever, but still a loss so I’ll take it. Next week will hopefully show better results scale wise. On the plus side wore a couple things this week that hadn’t worn in a few years due to them being too small. I love being able to fit back into some of my clothes. Have some cute springy dresses, size 14/16 that am hoping will be able to fit into by next spring
  • lacatgirl
    lacatgirl Posts: 353 Member
    HI All,
    Having a bit of trouble staying on track. I was down to 167.8 two days ago but one dinner out and back up to 170. Ugh. I literally had half a salad and half a side order of pasta and one piece of bread. Well, wine as well. But really 2 lbs for that? It is ridiculous!!

PW: 171
    WI: 170
  • dymphnadaniels
    dymphnadaniels Posts: 154 Member
    dymphnadaniels
    Week 2 (Weigh-in Day Sunday)
    PW: 296.9
    CW: 295.2
  • KakoHikes
    Sunday 10/03
    Exercise: Kinda, more active than normal doing house work and meal prep for food first half of week but didn’t do any official exercise
  • paupeter
    paupeter Posts: 9 Member
    Hey guys and gals. I guess I posted this in the wrong group and I really am in this one. I posted this last Friday 10/08.

I sought out this group challenge as a way to keep me accountable to weighing in each week, monitoring and making progress, in spite of whatever challenges come my way.
    I am a dad of 5 kids, 1 a sophomore in college, one a h.s. senior, a 9th grader, 7th grader, and 4th grader.
    We live in Minnesota.
    My wife has been sick off and on for the past 6-8 years (Lyme's and Mold Toxicity/Auto immune) which leads me to a lot of emotional eating and drinking that doesn't make me feel better or resolve anything.
    I have large Scandinavian genetics - my uncles and dad are all big men. I like to think I am more muscle than fat but that doesn't really matter on the scale and with my fitness goals and interests.
    I love biking and ride a long distances, swimming laps at the Y, and try to keep up with all my kids' activities while making sure the house doesn't fall apart when my wife needs the day off due to illness.
    I have two goals for 2021 in regards to cycling. To finish a 120 hilly gravel bike event in Iowa - SWIGG at the end of June and a 100 mile hilly gravel event mid-May in S. MN. I have attempted both events multiple times and they are the hardest 10 hours on a bike you will ever do.
    I know my wattage/power on the bike will increase just by cutting weight. I also know that I cannot cut weight through biking alone. I need to end the week in a calorie deficit.
    Recovering after having COVID in April has taken way longer than expected and my biking gains this summer less than I had hoped for. So with a renewed focus, I am starting this October to lose weight and gain biking fitness. I bought a smart bike trainer and training software, Trainer Road, and am committed to completing their training plan to achieve my bike goals for next year.
    I am committed to losing weight through improving my diet, cutting calories, drinking more water, and making smart substitutions when I am hungry.

Not as much bike activity this week as I have a race coming up on Saturday (tomorrow).
  • KakoHikes
    *sigh* At the beginning of the month, I get my daily check ins ready, with the date, day of week, ect ect, then I just need to fill in how I did, was so confused, wondering how google docs erased a whole week of my daily logs. Instead it was a copy/paste fail and had the same week listed twice and didn’t notice. My Sunday check in should have been dated 10/10 not 10/03. Oh well, proof that am only human.

Monday 10/11
    Exercise: Yes, 45 minute walk. Had energy after work today surprisingly
  • jackiej311
    jackiej311 Posts: 7 Member
    Monday 10/11
    Tracked: yes
    Calories: a little under
    Exercise: 1 hour at gym, worked arms.

Tuesday 10/12
    Tracked:yes
    Calories: under (need to work on this)
    Exercise:morning walk followed by more afternoon cardio and squats.
  • AB0215
    KakoHikes wrote: »
    *sigh* At the beginning of the month, I get my daily check ins ready, with the date, day of week, ect ect, then I just need to fill in how I did, was so confused, wondering how google docs erased a whole week of my daily logs. Instead it was a copy/paste fail and had the same week listed twice and didn’t notice. My Sunday check in should have been dated 10/10 not 10/03. Oh well, proof that am only human.

Monday 10/11
    Exercise: Yes, 45 minute walk. Had energy after work today surprisingly

@KakoHikes No one is perfect :smile: Great day though!
  • AB0215
    paupeter wrote: »
    Hey guys and gals. I guess I posted this in the wrong group and I really am in this one. I posted this last Friday 10/08.

We live in Minnesota.

@paupeter Welcome!
  • AB0215
    lacatgirl wrote: »
    HI All,
    Having a bit of trouble staying on track. I was down to 167.8 two days ago but one dinner out and back up to 170. Ugh. I literally had half a salad and half a side order of pasta and one piece of bread. Well, wine as well. But really 2 lbs for that? It is ridiculous!!

PW: 171
    WI: 170

@lacatgirl It happens to everyone. Hang in there and just try to make better choices in the moment, and eventually your choices will lead to better habits.
  • KakoHikes
    Tuesday 10/12
    Exercise: Yes, 47 minute walk
  • GameKeeper55
    GameKeeper55 Posts: 9 Member
    Gamekeeper55
    Monday 10/11
    PW 335
    CW 333.4
  • paupeter
    paupeter Posts: 9 Member
    Paupeter726 (paul)
    Friday 10/15
    PW: 278
    CW:277
    Exercise: yes, raced my bike for 4 hours last Saturday.

I am checking in early as I will not have access tomorrow.
    Good job everyone keep it up. I keep reminding myself, not going backwards is a win. Staying steady and losing weight is a win. Stack up the little wins over time and we will get where we want to.
    Have a great weekend!
  • jackiej311
    jackiej311 Posts: 7 Member
    Jackiej311
    Week 2: weigh in day Wed
    PW =234.7
    CW= 234.2

No weightloss this week 😑
This discussion has been closed.