October 12

Options
Mrs_Hoffer
Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    I don't know what my check-in post later may look like (should be on track though) so I'll reply to the topic now.

I joined July 15, 2014, and I can honestly say I am not 100% sure of the exact motivator other than this site had a number of useful capabilities for me. At that point I had already lost 66 pounds since January 2014 tracking my food intake via spreadsheet and keeping my carbs within my doctors guidance. So obviously the food tracking was useful.

But at that point I was transitioning from daily 6 mile walks to starting to run a little during those walks. I felt I could not afford any more time walking so I needed a better form of exercise. I had no bike or other equipment and knew my feet were free to use, so I chose running (little did I know about the costs of running shoes then). Because of that timing, I found the community on MFP extremely helpful in regards to all sorts of questions I had as a "new runner" about running, diet, you name it. So it wasn't too long before the social aspect of the site was my primary motivator for using the site, and it still is. The food database and macro tracking is the best sort of icing available for this cake called MFP (in my opinion).

I've come and gone a couple times due to injuries or otherwise just quitting entirely, and lost some friends along the way. The best ones re-friended me after they saw me posting or commenting somewhere. Others have also disappeared themselves. Sometimes I recall being friends with someone who is no longer in my friends list, and try to remember what their screen name was as when I get curious about how they are doing. Sometimes I remember and typically find they have been inactive for a while. Some have sadly moved on from this world, which I only learn about by reconnecting socially here. That part really sucks, but that is how life goes.

Currently I stay because of that community and the tracking. It works hand in hand for me that way. Granted, I'm back to primarily tracking my main numbers in a spreadsheet, but I still log everything in MFP and just take the total numbers into my spreadsheet for tracking.

ETA: I keep forgetting to mention, but anyone in UAC looking to add friends can send me a friend request if you mention you are in UAC (or I simply recognize you from here). I don't advertise that all the time because it can be hard to keep up when the friends list gets huge. But I also know that people come and go from here a lot, so in a way the list maintains itself. For now though, anyone here can send me one if they desire.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,283 Member
    Options
    @Mrs_Hoffer
    I have almost all my auto posts disabled. I post my streaks when I remember, usually every 25 days.
  • bradkcrew
    bradkcrew Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    October 12
    ✅✅✅
    Exercise today was another strength workout (Upper Body B: DB Rows, DB Overhead Press, DB Bicep Curls)

My foot is feeling a lot better but is not 100% yet. I've had tennis elbow before and it was a bear to get rid of, this is so much like that.

I found out today I will need to have a surgery performed in the next week or so that may keep me sidelined from walking/running anyway (not the foot). Been feeling a little weird simply due to that knowledge. No one word comes to mind, I'm just "not happy" about it. So making myself feel better by trying to be happy about it. It has at least brought an inner chuckle and smile.

I am so sorry for all of the bad luck you have been having!
  • bradkcrew
    bradkcrew Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    Exercise: :)
    A three mile walk, PT, and a bunch of random exercises. I suppose tomorrow I have to get back to the gym for weights and take a run.

Tracking: :)

Calories: :)