Weight No More Team Chat - OCTOBER 2021

Replies

• minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,204 Member
    edited October 2021
    Hey folks! Friendly reminder to get your step counts in for October Week 1 as soon as possible. I will be making the Steps post tomorrow, and any values that have yet to be reported will not be included. You've been warned. (I kept mistyping "warmed" and now I keep imagining wrapping everyone with a giant blanket - very wholesome)

ama3387 wrote: »
    I’m surprised I lost anything I have started that time of the month and it is heavy and terrible! Ugh I want it to stop!

If it's any consolation, my time of the month (Shark Week, as I affectionately call it) became far less intense as I lost weight. I hope it's the same for you. Hang in there, be kind to yourself. :heart:

Enjoying an NSV in addition to the loss this week. My previously too-tight jeans are now loose!

That's an AWESOME NSV. Congrats! Are you buying new too-tight jeans to work towards?

rachelrjh wrote: »
    Have a great week. I’m getting back on track starting tomorrow.

Hell yeah!

It's just annoying when I see my progress at home, then go out and it feels like I didn't actually move! Ugh!

Every scale is calibrated differently, unfortunately. But the good news is that, had you weighed in on your doctor's scale every time you weighed in on your scale at home, you'd see the shifts in your weight no matter what. Don't focus on the overall number, focus on the changes. Are you feeling stronger, more energetic, happier? Are clothes fitting better? They're small changes, so they may not be noticeable right away. Just stay consistent and your body will catch up.
  • seltzer_lover
    seltzer_lover Posts: 261 Member
    Enjoying an NSV in addition to the loss this week. My previously too-tight jeans are now loose!

That's an AWESOME NSV. Congrats! Are you buying new too-tight jeans to work towards?

Thank you! I was pretty excited! I'm waiting a bit since they're still wearable and not too loose. I'm also planning on buying from Universal Standard, which has a program that enables you to swap out sizes if you change sizes within a year. The old clothes are donated. So I'm going to wait until I'm a little closer to a smaller size and those will then be my too-tight jeans! :smiley:
  • SusanofRockwood
    SusanofRockwood Posts: 122 Member
    SW-152
    PW-148
    CW-149
    Yay thanksgiving. At least no real gains
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    October Week 1 - Steps Challenge

Here's our leaderboard for the week:

@annliz23 - 67,690 total | 9,670 average
    @lennoncpa - 66,358 total | 9,480 average
    @kandi3570 - 64,665 total | 9,238 average
    @dbrinkmeyer - 49,126 total | 7,018 average
    @pansnc6 - 39,378 total | 5,625 average - Most Consistent!!

Our small team of five reporting steppers managed to traverse a total of 287,217 steps, which equates to just over 57,000 steps per person over the course of the week! As someone who's been very lazy this past week, I absolutely applaud your effort.

13f3b7445d8ca0766cb6cfee1199e1f6.jpg
  • xrj22
    xrj22 Posts: 197 Member
    PW 156.8
    CW 155.8
    change - 1.0

Today is getting really difficult. I have been without heat for 2 and a half days now. I have been really struggling today. I am pretty much trapped in my bedroom with a space heater, and have been waiting all day for an "emergency" repair person who appears to not actually be coming at all. The kitchen is 50 degrees, which makes it not-too-appealing to prepare healthy food. And the more frustrated I get, the more I crave sugar. I may need to go out to eat tonight.
  • sandielewis2001
    sandielewis2001 Posts: 318 Member
    October Week 2
    Weigh In Day: Thursdays
    PW (Previous Weight): 198.8 (October 7th)
    CW (Current Weight): 196.6 (October 14th)

Loss to date: 74.5bs
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,060 Member
    Ljdanny
    Week 2
    Thursday
    Pw 183
    Cw 183
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,060 Member
    I'll take no loss over a gain. I did eat a little crappy this week. This weekend is my oldest granddaughters 2nd birthday. We are having her party on Saturday so there will be cake. I like cake. I have to really start getting back to exercising, I feel like it's been forever since I've had the time. Tomorrow I have an appointment with the weight clinic, we will see how that goes. Hopefully good.
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    Pacsnc6
    Thursdays week 2
    Pw 160.7
    Cw 160.7
  • Gmcgovern41
    Gmcgovern41 Posts: 43 Member
    Gmcgovern41
    Thursday
    CW 239.3
    PW 240.8
  • dbrinkmeyer
    dbrinkmeyer Posts: 94 Member
    Hi team, I'm traveling for work and don't have my scale. @minstrelofsarcasm can I be excused this week :)
  • rachelrjh
    rachelrjh Posts: 258 Member
    @rachelrjh
    Friday
    Stayed the same : 142 pounds
    My body fat composition is 26.5 %.
    Is this a good or bad fat composition?
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    edited October 2021
    Hi team, I'm traveling for work and don't have my scale. @minstrelofsarcasm can I be excused this week :)

You got it!

rachelrjh wrote: »
    My body fat composition is 26.5 %.
    Is this a good or bad fat composition?

From what I've read, anywhere from 18 - 28% body fat is considered healthy for women over 24. So, it looks like you're within that range!

But keep in mind, health looks different in everyone, so as long as you feel like you have a healthy amount of fat, and you're comfortable in your body, I'd say you're doing well.
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    Username: lennoncpa
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Last week's weight: 139.0
    Current weight: 137.6
    Steps: 62,255
  • lennoncpa
    I did really good this week and I think a lot of it had to do with the fact that I cooked and ate a lot of squash!! I love squash and I cooked up a lot and used that as my snack this week!!
  • seltzer_lover
    seltzer_lover Posts: 261 Member
    @lennoncpa - I hear you with the squash! I cooked up a large spaghetti squash and a large butternut this week. Love this time of year and all this great autumnal produce.
  • lennoncpa
    @seltzer_lover we seem to enjoy the same things!! Lol
  • Zumba_Luvah
    Zumba_Luvah Posts: 409 Member
    Zumba_luvah
    Pw- 183.2
    Cw- 180.4
  • Zumba_Luvah
    Zumba_Luvah Posts: 409 Member
    Zumba_luvah
    Pw- 183.2
    Cw- 180.4[/quote

Actual weigh in is 179.8. I weighed myself before going to the bathroom lol. Tried to edit my post but didn't see the option
This discussion has been closed.