Downsizers Team Chat - OCTOBER 2021

Options

Replies

• Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Jonathan, I feel so bad for you. Hopefully the chiropractor helps. It is so frustrating when we get sidelined. Is there any way you can get to a pool? I find it so helpful as I can exercise without pain for the most part. Also, stretching is so much easier in a pool.

I'm not sure with covid still going on... I used to go to a local hotel and paid a small fee to use the pool, but I doubt that will fly right now. There are other pools, I could look into, but just the thought of getting in the car, driving there going to the change room, changing etc etc.. by the time I got to the pool I'd be in extra rough shape. Erg. I go downhill pretty rapidly when walking.... Right now I'm going to concentrate on stretching and hope for the best.

----

Good evening everyone...

Things are getting better but at a snails pace. I managed to stay at work till 2:45pm today, but to do that I actually had to go to carpeted office, get down on my hands and knees and lay down in the old fetal position for 30 minutes.

And I gotta say I could of probably could have finished my shift till 4pm after the lay down, however If I did that there was no way I would have been able to go home and head straight to the workout room, so I opted to leave early and sneak in an hour lay down before hand.

As for the workout, the trio we are now did just fine. We haven't actually worked out Back and Biceps since before the Trip to Toronto (what seems like ages ago now).... So, I laid off just slightly in the weight department, to account for all the rust. And there was definately a little rust. lol

Lynn once again, pretty much trounced Jason in the bicep department (Joy to watch... Lol), but Jason had her edged out in the back department. (Makes sense since Jason is 300+ pounds).

I burned an absolute crap ton of calories during this workout too.. New weight training Calorie record. I'm not sure if it's because I haven't done much cardio recently, and or the pace we are keeping up as a team of three is causing it.. Or if the constant pain I'm fighting is elevating my heart rate? Either way, I'll take it.

And now I must go lay down again... What a life... erg.

Good night Guys!

pgbjs7t35thb.png
  • tahm42
    tahm42 Posts: 4,827 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    10/10- 11159
    10/11- 10434
    10/12- 9006
    10/13- 7310
    10/14- 10058
    10/15- 11167
    10/16- 8912

Went to my first concert in 2 years. Even the artists were emotional about being on stage again. We had a blast! By the way we were in our own section for most of the night. about half way through 4 young women moved to our section. I guess we had more space? I surprised myself being able to run up the several flights of stairs to our perch. Not a bad view and was not nose bleed. Of course I have no voice left from singing for 4 hours. Need To Breathe and Switch Foot, I highly recommend their show.
  • jimboden3
    jimboden3 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    JimBoden3
    Weigh-in Day: Monday (Oct 18, 2021)
    PW: 211.4
    CW: 211.4
    SW: 240

Good news? Not really. :|
    Bad news? Not quite. :|

I guess the scale likes me just the way I am since I'm exactly the same weight as I was about 168 hours (or so) earlier.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,328 Member
    Options
    jimboden3 wrote: »
    JimBoden3
    Weigh-in Day: Monday (Oct 18, 2021)
    PW: 211.4
    CW: 211.4
    SW: 240

Good news? Not really. :|
    Bad news? Not quite. :|

I guess the scale likes me just the way I am since I'm exactly the same weight as I was about 168 hours (or so) earlier.

At least it wasn't a gain .... I call that a win win :)
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Good evening everyone.
    Check in for 10/18:
    Steps - 4773
    Calories - 1560
    Exercise - gym after dinner. 9 machines. Hopefully sea world tomorrow. Daughter has a cold, I hope. Wanted to trail walk today but with her cold and rainy weather had to cancel.
  • shortyjmorgan1
    shortyjmorgan1 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Good morning wz9m93682vm6.jpg
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,530 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 --I also need a kick in the butt today!

Weekend was way off track--no logging, lazy, ate all the things.

Consider this your kick!

I just got done with a Leslie Sansone DVD... it was 5 miles but I only did 3 miles.... I am hoping to get back outside tomorrow and walk with Alyssa and Aspen the husky( boy do I miss it ) I will also be meal prepping today since I didn't do it yesterday

Awesome job! When you go tomorrow do a small walk and slowly build yourself up to those longer walks. Hope your hip feels better today.

Monday check in
    Steps 9,000
    Stayed within calories
    Tracked food accurately

Awesome day! Great steps!

Username. Amymartin555
    Weigh in day. Monday
    SW. 184.0
    PW. 135.6
    CW. 134.6

Yay the scale finally moved more than a couple of ounces.

I will post my steps tomorrow.

Nice loss Amy!
  • lindamtuck2018
    edited October 2021
    Options
    @Poobah1972
    Nice workout! The burn is crazy! Has your resting heart rate increased since the pain started? Mine did and the doctor confirmed that pain does this. It is starting to come down again though. Not sure if it is the pool or for the most part I am learning to handle the pain better. It sucks that it is affecting your work. I can see your point with the pool. I just cross the parking lot and I am at the pool house. I hope you get some relief soon. Hugs!

@tahm42
    Your steps are awesome! I went to the movies the weekend and I was having a hard time holding back tears. It is so nice to do things again. Glad you enjoyed the concert!

@jimboden3
    At least it didn’t go in the wrong direction. I think we can call it good news!

@rwood566
    Another great day! I miss hearing what you had for dessert. Enjoy sea world.

@luccianaff
    Vent away. This is the place to do that. That is awful about your tastebuds. Covid sucks as it is not just getting over the virus but the side effects afterwards. I find that sometimes a good cry helps me feel better. Take it one day at a time. Even a minute at a time. Hugs!

@roz0810
    Glad you are back.

@shortyjmorgan1
    Good morning!
  • tahm42
    tahm42 Posts: 4,827 Member
    Options
    Tahm42
    PW 210
    CW 211

I am regaining muscle tone in my arms and legs so I should expect a gain. I however need to lose all of the weight I have gained since the hospital because the surgeon for the abdominal mass they found while scanning my lungs asked me "to do me a favor and lose weight." He had only known me for 5 minutes and did not know I have lost 70# over the past 4 yrs. Made me laugh. Made my hubby furious. I just want him to approve surgery before the new year as this is going to be a difficult recovery. It is not a robotic assisted surgery but I will be cracked wide open. Kind of scary but I have to do this. I have a trip planned in March and I really need to be completely recovered as it is a Kayaking/diving vacation. So I am doubling down on my diet and exercising.
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    Steps 10/18: 3,073
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Awesome job! When you go tomorrow do a small walk and slowly build yourself up to those longer walks. Hope your hip feels better today.

No outside walks for about another week ... I have cracked heels that hurt so bad ...I tried putting on shoes and I said nope can't walk with cracked heals ...
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    2tq28xzb3vma.png

2nd day of our mini challenge...
    It is Tasty Tuesday: Please Post a pic or a recipe
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Here is my recipe for Keto Cheesecake Bites (they are delicious)
    https://thebigmansworld.com/keto-cheesecake-bites/#recipe
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    q9v5dfwu2d3l.jpg

My 2nd friendly reminder of the people's steps I need for October Week 2... If I do not have them by tonight I will have no choice but zero them out...

@Piqueaboo 10/12-10/16
    @red1185 10/16
    @amymartin555 10/10 - 10/16
    @Jpedno 10/16

Thanks for your cooperation :)
  • shortyjmorgan1
    shortyjmorgan1 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    dh9llk6300z5.jpg
    Autumn Sausage Casserole
    TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
    YIELD: 6 servings.
    Ingredients
    1 pound bulk pork sausage
    1 medium apple, peeled and chopped
    1 medium onion, chopped
    1/2 cup chopped celery
    3 cups cooked long grain rice
    1/2 cup dried cranberries
    1 tablespoon brown sugar
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
    1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
    1/8 teaspoon pepper
    Directions
    1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook sausage, apple, onion and celery over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
    2. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake 25-30 minutes or until heated through.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options

No outside walks for about another week ... I have cracked heels that hurt so bad ...I tried putting on shoes and I said nope can't walk with cracked heals ...

Try bag balm.
This discussion has been closed.