Brag About Your Savings

Options
ON_A_DIET
ON_A_DIET Posts: 58 Member
I never know what I am going to find at Dollar Tree.

The other day, I limited myself to spend $5.00. I was walking down the water aisle and browsed at the water enhancer. All of the water enhancers were the same as always mostly. No variety. Then I saw Sonic Cherry Limeade Singles on the Go. There are 6 packets per box. I have a crate of water at home. Cha-Ching!

So, I grabbed 5 boxes.

That's 30 water bottles worth of water enhancers for $5.00!

Woo Hoo

The water enhancer is delicious.

Replies

• CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,647 Member
    Options
    I buy most stuff on sale as we are on an extremely tight budget. Fresh veggies and fruit seems to be the hardest to keep in the house. The prices are getting crazy even on sale.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Today picked up some groceries and saved almost $4.
  • ON_A_DIET
    Options
    Awesome! Hey, $4 is $4. I wanted Canola oil so bad today at the grocery store. Such Canola oil only costs $1 more than vegetable oil and is healthier. The 3 of we roommates usually need to agree on what we buy. I was voted out because it costs "too much". Could you imagine what they would say if I wanted olive oil?
  • Spededtwo
    Spededtwo Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My go to budget store is Aldi's. I especially like their canned goods, soups, and boxes of broth. Also the fresh fruits and veggies. Okay...I like almost everything they have to offer. :)
  • ON_A_DIET
    Options
    My go-to store is Dollar Tree. Santa and Mrs. Santa bring me Dollar Tree gifts often for Christmas. Then, if I want an item for myself because the roommates do not agree to purchase, I buy the item at Dollar Tree. I forgot to look for Canola oil there.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Love going to dollar stores but some things actually cost more than the grocery store.
  • Spededtwo
    Spededtwo Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I read that Dollar Tree prices on some items will now cost more than a dollar. It's frustrating that eventually it will probably be another Walmart-like store.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Dollar tree here is already over a dollar on most things. Actually $1.25.
  • beccaboo1276414
    beccaboo1276414 Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I've not tried dollar tree yet. I am afraid I'd spend more money than my budget. I do online shopping, as if the total is too much, I go back through the list, and delete all the items I really don't need. (Needs v. Wants)

I do most of my shopping at Aldi's. Sometimes, I will shop online at Whole foods for certain items, like their 100 percent sprouted bread or their gluten free meatballs which I either serve over pasta, or do a meatball soup! I have to eat on a budget that is gluten and diary free for my health conditions.

I cook for my sis and two dogs! They all love my food! 🤣
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Today went to Food Basics and saved about $13 on various items.
  • ON_A_DIET
    Options
    I have heard a lot about people shopping online via Amazon and instacart. Have you ever done this?
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    I have browsed Amazon but to me it is just to much. Expecially when I mainly deal in cash.
  • ON_A_DIET
    Options
    Today, I had a surprise bargain! The local grocery store was selling 3 crates of water (24 bottles a crate) for $10.00. I went to the cashier and gave her $10.00. She handed me a receipt and $2.50 change. I said Ma'am shouldn't this be $10.00? She said no. So, I did not argue! So, that was my bargain for the day!
  • ON_A_DIET
    Options
    I have been out of cola in like forever. Today, my roommate had a spare few minutes to take me to the local grocery store. My heart was set on buying diet Mountain Dew on sale. Got there and was not on sale. So, I grabbed the diet Sunkist and diet 7 Up on sale in bottles. $12.00 total. I have since downed 2 diet Sunkist. I think I was craving a mixed drink. All the research on Mocktails does get boring and often makes one crave the real thing. diet Sunkist takes that craving away.
  • ON_A_DIET
    Options
    Today we (the roommates and I) did our grocery shopping and were tired and cranky. So, we got some Jo Jos. $8.99 for 25 Jo Jos. There are 3 of we roommates, so our tummies are full.

• beccaboo1276414
    beccaboo1276414 Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I do the instacart as it helps me when I don't have the energy to get out. Today, I went to fresh market and got a spinach and berry salad and a rotisserie chicken. It was an enormous salad, and I put some shredded chicken on top. I did really well.jyst getting some basics, and didn't spend too much. I was able to get my vegan butter and cheese, too.
  • ON_A_DIET
    edited October 2021
    Options
    I do the instacart as it helps me when I don't have the energy to get out. Today, I went to fresh market and got a spinach and berry salad and a rotisserie chicken. It was an enormous salad, and I put some shredded chicken on top. I did really well.jyst getting some basics, and didn't spend too much. I was able to get my vegan butter and cheese, too.

What is instacart like? People talk about instacart so much but I do not understand the way they work? How far do they travel for you? How do you pay them?
  • ON_A_DIET
    edited October 2021
    Options
    The "Spicy Asian Ramen Noodles" recipe is cheap and delicious to prepare. I have prepared them in the past. You do not need all of the ingredients stated in this recipe. Ramen noodles, peanut butter, soy sauce and brown sugar are all that you need! All 4 may be found at the dollar store!

https://allrecipes.com/recipe/284005/spicy-asian-ramen-noodles/

"Frozen Vegetable Stir-Fry" is a good right up there too! Buy bags of frozen vegetables, soy sauce, peanut butter and brown sugar at the local dollar store. Voila!

https://allrecipes.com/recipe/222658/frozen-vegetable-stir-fry/

So when your pantry is bare, you are more than likely to still have these 4 pantry staple there.
  • ON_A_DIET
    Options
    This evening, I ordered 4 boxes of McCafe Premium Roast Coffee k-cups. Each box contains 24 count. My order came to $49.47 instead of $65.96. Woo Hoo!
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Today at the grocery store they had Campbell's soup on sale for 2/.99. so I got 24 cans and saved $19. Also bought bagels and a pomegranate on sale. Woohoo!