Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - NOVEMBER 2021

Options

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,995 Member
    Options

@RYcare Yeah I was lucky that the baklava was cut in 1" squares! Made it easy to eat a little bit. ;) I'm impressed that you make it, it looks very labor-intensive. That would be a nice surprise for Thanksgiving. 

@GabiV125 @leonadixon @laurelfit57 @davors19 @TeresaW1020 Congrats on the losses!

@murdog3t Great job with your goals!

Good morning, everyone! I'm enjoying my days off. Trying to keep busy so I won't get into the snacks, I've been crafting again. I made a turkey out of a Dollar Tree book, see below. I actually made two of these, one for work and one for home. I've got more crafts planned for today. Yesterday, even though I didn't snack, I didn't have a deficit because we ordered food delivery last night. :( Today is a new day and I will do better.

100-day challenge commitments:

1. I will put my utensil down between bites. ✅

2. Chew slowly and chew enough. ✅

3. Stop Eating C.R.A.P. Challenge: X

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS

• TheGlwUp
    TheGlwUp Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Username: TheGlwUp
    Check in day: Friday
    PW: 234
    CW: 234
  • TheGlwUp
    Options
    trooworld wrote: »
    Good morning, everyone! I'm enjoying my days off. Trying to keep busy so I won't get into the snacks, I've been crafting again. I made a turkey out of a Dollar Tree book, see below. I actually made two of these, one for work and one for home. I've got more crafts planned for today. Yesterday, even though I didn't snack, I didn't have a deficit because we ordered food delivery last night. :( Today is a new day and I will do better.

Your turkey is beautiful! Great idea to keep busy with a hobby instead of snacking out of boredom.

• TheGlwUp
    Options
    I hope everyone had a great week.
    I just registered for a race that will take place on New Year's Eve.
    I am finally coming out of my funk, and this will help me get back
    on track. I look forward to heading into the new year focused on
    achieving my health and fitness goals instead of lamenting what
    I didn't accomplish this year.

Have a great weekend everyone!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    @trooworld I'm sorry I didn't see your meds before! I love your Kitchenaid cover, that's awesome! I used to do the Daily Dozen when I ate more vegetarian, it's fun and I love Dr. Gregor. I read one of his books a couple years ago. I love your turkey, I couldn't pass the book area in the dollar store and grabbed a couple books but I'm not ready to craft with them!

@TheGlwUp A race is a great idea for helping you come out of your funk, it's close enough that you can't stick your head in the sand unless you want to be miserable that day! You could've just said the heck with it because of the holidays but you're going to go into the new year with a bang!

@TeresaW1020 I have been slacking on my 100 days, I've been sticking to it for the most part but need to work a bit more at it.

@vegan4lyfe2012 How is Hunter doing?

Hi gang! Wow, it looks weird here, I always get upset at changes but it's part of life so we have to accept them and move on, right? So I had a sub OB/GYN yesterday who really doesn't like me being on hormones while I'm having BP problems and have degenerative issues but she still gave me the Depo shot. I feel like I gained 15lbs overnight and I'm getting a migraine, I only did this because I was on a medication that can cause breakthrough bleeding so they upped it from regular bcps that suppressed my cycle to Depo, it's only my second shot. I didn't like the idea of it because if you have issues you're stuck for 3 months but for the most part the only side effect aside of being higher stroke risk and bone loss is cystic acne. I just want to be in menopause already and get it all over with, I've been praying for it since I turned 15 and was told I probably had endometriosis. SO, this doctor recommended going ahead with a hysterectomy, I'd obviously rather go into menopause but if my choice is no hormones or bad cycles (because it makes my pain unbearable as all my issues are in the pelvis, the cramps aren't horrible anymore) then it'll be a hysterectomy. I'll talk to my regular doctor about it in a couple months. Next week I have the rest of my bladder testing which I'm not looking forward to, I'm tempted to cancel my appointment but will probably tough it out and go. On a better note I made Skinnytaste chicken and lentil soup which is pretty good then made cornbread from Trader Joe's and managed to stay under. Did my workouts, those have been really good, I'm still using my legs but it's chair cardio so I'm getting exercise but not on my feet. I started doing squats and have been doing weights for arms and abs so I feel pretty strong, not like 2 years ago but it's still better than before I changed my eating and lifestyle. Aside of that I'm stressing about getting people the perfect gifts but still putting a dent in my shopping, I'm almost halfway done so I'm pretty proud of myself because I'm usually a basket case by now!
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Friday weigh in
    Cornanda
    PW: 173.2
    CW: 172.6

• Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Haven't been around much this week, but I read all of your posts.

@trooworld - I love your turkey and your Cozi

@TeresaW1020 - I've been working on my 100 day challenge and I will definitely be keepin' on with it for the rest of the year.

@vegan4lyfe2012 - glad Hunter is better!

@Katmary71 - So many doctor appointments.... :s Glad you are eating well and getting stronger.

I'm feeling a bit weird. Like I could just chuck all my hard work and eat whatever I want for the rest of the year, then start over. Hence keeping up with the 100 day challenge. I'm actively resisting this. Not sure what has affected my mind set in this way. I'm just not trying as hard as I was before.

Does anyone know if you can bookmark this discussion with the new format? I liked seeing my group on the first page, now it's more clicks to get here.
  • Firefly743
    Firefly743 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Firefly743
    ***Weigh In***
    PW: 222.2
    CW: 219.4
  • trooworld
    Options
    Username: Trooworld
    Weigh-in day: Saturday
    Week: 2
    PW: 229
    CW: 231.2
    LTD: 16.8
  • trooworld
    Options
    @TheGlwUp Thank you! <3 That's great that you signed up for a race. That's a great way to get motivated and stay on track! Good luck with training!

@Katmary71 No worries. :) Yeah I don't think I will go vegetarian but I will eat more vegetables. I bought extra books to make Christmas trees out of in a few weeks. It does look weird here. I used to have heavy periods, I hated it! I'm so glad I don't have to deal with that anymore. Your meal sounds delicious. Wow, that's great you are almost halfway done! I have only bought one thing for someone.

@Cornanda Congrats on the loss! Thanks re: the crafts. I love to craft, it keeps me out of trouble! Would it help you to set small daily goals, maybe you already do that? I don't know how to bookmark anything in this new format, sorry.

@Firefly743 Congrats on the loss!

Hi all. Well, a gain. Not happy about that but I did decide to do something, all I can do is try, right? I signed up for the totally new WW plan. Yes, I've been a member many times before but this plan looks interesting, it's totally personalized to you as an individual.

3. Stop Eating C.R.A.P. Challenge: X

• tammymccrady6278
    tammymccrady6278 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Tammymccrady6278
    Weigh in day Saturday
    PW 222.5
    CW 223.5

Hi all. I’m back on track and even though I’m up I feel good that I have been able to recover from my overindulgence while away. Congratulations to all who have lost this week. Keep it up.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @TheGlwUp I LOVE that you have set a real intention for yourself to go into the New Year focused on your health and fitness. You are inspiring to me, and I hope the rest of the team! :)

@Katmary71 Wow a hysterectomy is a huge step and a big surgery! How old are you if you don’t mind sharing? I’ve been in menopause (I’m almost 56) since I was 50 and it’s awesome! My sister had terrible periods that would last for weeks, and she had an ablation that took care of all her bleeding and has been a real Godsend for her. Is that something you could maybe discuss with your doctor? I had considered an ablation when I was in perimenopause at 48 because my periods had gotten so horrible but ended up just dealing with it for another year. :/ I’m almost done with my shopping, and it feels great to be so ahead of the game.

@Cornanda Congrats on your loss!! You are getting closer to a new decade with every loss! I have also been having the same weird feelings about just chucking it all and eating through the next two months. It would be so easy to do and I’m already slacking with my plan as it is. BUT then how would I feel on New Year’s Day? How would you feel? Awful, disappointed, and full of regret is how we would feel. We can’t do that to ourselves!! So, we have to stay committed to our health and fight those urges. Will we eat off plan and enjoy the holidays? Yes, and we should! But it’s not OK to just throw in the towel. Let’s help keep each other accountable, OK? <3 Ohh and I bookmark this page using the little flag at the top right corner. I access it by clicking the little bell by my profile pic. I also have this page bookmarked to my Google toolbar so I can just click it and I’m right here. Did that help?

@trooworld I had to go look up what the new WW plan was and it doesn’t look interesting. It looks like it’s going to focus heavily on nutrition and will ding you big time for eating sugar and other non-nutritional foods. Plus, having it custom to you is awesome. No two people are alike so why should their eating be alike. That sounds like a good plan, and I really hope you have success with it. :)

@Tammymccrady6278 Good for you for getting back on track! We might stumble a lot on our journey, but the secret is to NEVER give up on ourselves. ;)

Hi Team! So far, the day is going well. It’s football Saturday so I’m doing my own thing all day while hubby watches his TV. Later I’m making air fryer chicken wings and coleslaw. I’ve been obsessing over my calendars today because I have this fear that something will fall through the cracks. I told hubby that I wanted a nice planner for next year that would work for both home and work and he told me to pick the one I wanted and send him the link. So, for Christmas, I will be getting a planner that I would never buy if I had to spend the money. Love this time of year!! :)
    Day 51 of the 100-day challenge—Did LIIFT4, wk 7 shoulders and arms. Eating has been and will be on point today!
    2021 Word: TRANSFORMATION
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    Username: Digger61
    Weigh-in day: Saturday
    Week: 2
    PW: 212
    CW: 219
  • bgame4
    bgame4 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Username: bgame4
    Weigh In Day: Saturday
    PW: 133 lbs
    CW: 133 lbs
    LTD: 8 lbs

@Cornanda I am struggling with the 100 day challenge, as well (i.e. less than half of the days have been successful so far). But, I am proud of the fact that I have kept with it this far, and I just try to take one day at a time.
  • RYcare
    RYcare Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Username: RYcare
    Check in day: Saturday
    PW: 248.6
    CW: 247.2

• trooworld
    Options
    @Tammymccrady6278 That's great that you got back on track. Well done! :D

@TeresaW1020 re: WW plan...I am excited about it. I think it may be the shakeup I need. Air fryer chicken wings sound amazing! And coleslaw is a good side for those. Are you making them buffalo style or something else? Yay for a new planner! Great job with the 100-day challenge!

@bgame4 You and @Cornanda are not alone. I have been struggling with it, too. I do well on most of my things but the important one, stop eating C.R.A.P. has been not as successful. Let's keep working on it and yes, we are still in the game so woo hoo for us!

@RYcare Congrats on the loss!

Hi all. I did really well yesterday. I had an NSV of sorts, we went to my art opening at a gallery (one of my pieces was in a show there) and afterward, nobody wanted to cook. My husband asked if I wanted Panda Express and I said no, I didn't want to eat something that unhealthy even though some of the things are borderline okay to eat. We stopped at a salad restaurant and I got a nice big salad with all sorts of superfoods on it instead. I felt good eating it and no guilt!

3. Stop Eating C.R.A.P. Challenge: ✅

• laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Hi all, sorry it has been so long! I did read through all the posts this morning to catch up, I’m not going to try to comment on them all as I would be here until lunchtime.
    @vegan4lyfe2012 I am so glad that Hunter is back home, That must’ve been just heart wrenching. So glad she is back home and in your loving care.
    @trooworld I am really so sorry to hear that you are still suffering with your migraines!

It has been a couple of crazy weeks here, just seemed to be one thing after another. First I was having major problems with sleeping, then Vannie got really sick. She started throwing up about a week and a half ago, took her to the vet and she gave her an anti-emetic, two Fridays ago. That lead to explosive diarrhoea over the weekend and by Sunday she was refusing to eat.. She was up every couple of hours to go outside during the night, one night I was telling myself “just don’t wake up fully, stumble out take her to the bathroom and then stumble back and climb into bed”. that didn’t work well, I tripped on a planter on my patio, did a face plant, road rash on my hands and bruised my left shin bone. Then I came down with a cold, why is it when I have a cold I want bad food?? I had two days of bad eating for sure :(. I love salty scratchy things on my throat, really I just love anything that’s bad. It has just been nuts around here. Anyway… Just before all this started, I joined I new gym close to me, but wasn’t able to go because of my bruised legs. Today I am starting a new!
    Back on track with my group, signed up for a cycle class tomorrow at the new gym and then a stretch class after!
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    results-are-in.gif

Our second week of November has concluded! Be sure to check out the results of this past week in the link below.

November Week Two Results

Here's a sneak peek of how your team did...

ykpfk00snq5w.png

Looking to start November Week Three out strong? Check out our new challenge!

November Week Three Challenge - Move More!

theres-always-a-new-challenge-to-keep-you-motivated-124c88f96c97174cadb5679693d65219.jpg

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    @Cornanda Stay strong my friend, can you think of something to get you more motivated right now like a new workout or maybe new recipes? It's so easy to say forget this around the holidays but you know in January you'll be kicking yourself. Let us know what we can do to support you!

@tammymccrady6278 So glad you're back on track!

@TeresaW1020 I'm 50, I sodarnclose to menopause! The doctor was a sub for mine, I'll see if mine is willing to provide BCPs until menopause, I'd rather do that but if they aren't willing to prescribe it then I'll go ahead with surgery, I just want those stupid ovaries afterward so I can take a baseball bat to them! I started my cycle at 11 and by 15 I was having to stay home 1-2 days from school as I was bad enough I had to be near a bathroom plus had migraines. Luckily the migraines stopped but now it's more that it makes my pain way worse because all my injuries are in the pelvis and low back. How did your wings come out? I'm glad you're enjoying the air fryer! I always wanted to get the "fun" stuff like pizza rolls and tater tots but I haven't, Lean Pockets come out really crispy in it!

@bgame4 I'm glad you're still fighting with the 100 day challenge! I may recommit to it since I don't remember all my original goals.

@trooworld Way to go at eating somewhere healthy! I've given up Panda as well, too much oil in everything. I'm glad you have a good salad place to go.

@laurelfit57 Oh my gosh, you've had your hands full! Are you up for your spin class tomorrow? I hope your bruises and road rash has improved and Vannie is feeling better. You need to take out so frustration on that spin bike! :smile:

@TheGlwUp @renaegry @Marmelade75689 Never felt so good to be a loser huh?! Way to go on your weight loss!

So, since some are struggling and to be honest I don't really remember all my goals maybe we should restate them and/or add some new ones? It's Mid-November, we still have time to wear a sexy Santa or Mrs. Claus outfit at Christmas! Not that I would wear anything pretending to be sexy having that option is great, right?

1. Lift weights and do cardio daily, for legs squats and lunges
    2. Eat under 1500 calories
    3. Either meditate or spend time in the garden every day
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,155 Member
    Options
    1ssc7oflhiy9.png

Happy News!

@jessicakrall8 has agreed to step up to the role of Moderator! She has been a fantastic captain for Team Trimstones for a long time, and we are very glad to have her join us. Jessica will be taking on the Group Challenges, as well as the ongoing work to keep the teams running smoothly, our members getting the most out of Fat 2 Fit, and the Captains and Motivators getting all the support they need. She will still be at the helm of the Trimstones, and I am sure they will agree that she is worth sharing with the entire Group. Welcome!
    @jugar @minstrelofsarcasm @Megan_smartiepants1970
This discussion has been closed.