Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - NOVEMBER 2021

Options

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,887 Member
    Options
    @TheGlwUp @renaegry @Marmelade75689 Congrats on making it onto the leaderboard!!! Woot woot!

@laurelfit57 Thank you. It's an ongoing battle, I have a video visit with my doctor on Friday to see if we can come up with a solution. How is Vannie now? I'm sorry about the face plant. When I am sick, I want to eat bad food, too. Give me all the comfort food when I am sick! I hope you are feeling better now. I hope you had a good workout at the gym!

@Katmary71 Thank you! Yeah, you would think if you ordered something with chicken breast and veggies, it would be healthy but noooooo, not at Panda. I had never been to that salad place but knew about it and had wanted to go. I almost got El Pollo Loco, a salad from there, but I'm so glad I stopped at the salad place instead. Sexy Santa or Mrs Claus...lol! Yes, having the option is nice. ;) I am sticking with my goals that are in my signature. I am doing well with them, now.

Hi all. I did really well yesterday. I didn't get a walk in, my migraine prevented any exercise, but I did eat well and drink enough water. I knew I wasn't getting many veggies in dinner (we had tuna noodle casserole) so I added a big side salad. I'm doing great and hope you are, too!

100-day challenge commitments:
    1. I will put my utensil down between bites. ✅
    2. Chew slowly and chew enough. ✅
    3. Stop Eating C.R.A.P. Challenge: ✅

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @laurelfit57 Ohhh my goodness you have had a time of it! Your poor dog and your poor body. I’m glad you didn’t hurt yourself more when you fell and that your cold is better. That is great that you are going to the gym and have a new mindset to get back on track. :)

@Katmary71 Yes you are super close to menopause. But you will have to decide to do what is right for you and your health. My wings turned out perfect! I just did a simple seasoning on them and everyone loved them. I dunk mine in G Hughes sugar-free Chili Wing sauce. I’m addicted to that stuff!! Mmmm I love Lean Pockets! Yes, restating your goals is a great idea and something I will do as well. ;)

@trooworld So happy to read how well you are doing with the new WW plan. Keep it up, girl!! B)

Good morning! Today is a super busy day with grocery shopping, getting a flu shot, meeting a friend at Hobby Lobby for church decorations, and taking another friend dinner who just had a baby. I am getting my workout done before anything else. Eating will be OK, but I am sending hubby to Publix for subs for dinner since I have to cook for my friend and don’t want to have to for us as well. Plus, their turkey cranberry holiday subs are to die for!! :p

Day 55 of the 100-day Challenge Commitments:
    1. Workout or do church cleaning 5 to 6 days a week
    2. Eat mostly high protein, low carb, moderate fat
    3. Restart Data Driven Fasting and work it like a boss!
    4. NO unplanned sugar!
    2021 Word: TRANSFORMATION
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71 the road rash on my hands is nearly gone, thanks to the medical miracle of Polysporin😜. I am with you, I don’t even remember oh my goals, I think I will simplify and restate them! Great idea thanks for that!

A huge welcome and thank you @jessicakrall8 for taking on the role of moderator!

@trooworld vannie is doing better, we went to agility tonight! We missed last week and this week we only took half of our turns, but that was enough as she is still on a restricted diet. She just loves agility so much it is hard to get her to take it easy LOL. I am so sorry that your migraines are staying so consistent, really hoping your doctor has some answers on Friday! Good for you for eating well, especially when you’re feeling so poorly.

@TeresaW1020 my word you have a busy schedule! But your day always sounds so fun! About a week ago I was thinking I had to call and schedule my flu shot, I had a bit of running around to do and was going to call as soon as I got back. I stopped at Costco to go into the pharmacy and as I was looking at their soaps a little voice behind me said “would you like a flu shot”? Sure enough, there was the ppharmacists assistant, filling in their appointment schedule. Boy you really can get everything at Costco!🤣🤣

well it was a super good day today! I did get over to the gym and took the spin class, it was so much fun! I had signed up for a stretch class after that, apparently that teacher wasn’t there and the replacement was a yoga instructor, can I just say I got a very challenging work out after the spin class🤣. It was super fun though and I will go back for sure! Vannie had agility this afternoon, she is not back to full strength yet so we took fewer and shorter turns, but still had fun and she is exhausted!
    I am going to run a hot bath with Epson salt‘s, I am a little afraid I won’t be able to move tomorrow and I have to take my mom shopping😜
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    19Shmoo69
    Sunday
    P. W. 273
    C. W. 277

I tried posting Sunday but I had problems with the app.
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    Jactop
    Monday
    P. W. 193
    C. W. 192.2
  • trooworld
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 Thank you! <3 A turkey cranberry holiday sub sounds divine!

@laurelfit57 Oh I'm glad Vannie is doing better and she was able to go to agility! Thanks, yeah, I hope there is something my doctor can do about those migraines. I haven't been able to workout since they came on hardcore. :( I'm so glad to hear you had a great day! Yoga can be surprisingly challenging, yay for you for going to it. How are you feeling today after all that movement?

@Jactop Congrats on the loss!

Hi all. I did pretty well yesterday, the only hiccup was these chocolates that I had forgotten about: I bought some from a coworker whose daughter was selling them for Girl Scouts. They arrived yesterday and I was caught off guard. I had 3 pieces and put the rest away for my mother-in-law. For dinner, for probably the first time ever, I measured out 1 cup of kale gnocchi. I usually eyeball pasta and main dishes. It was also the first time ever that I was satisfied with just one cup of a main dish. I had a big side salad with it. I also drank enough water yesterday.

3. Stop Eating C.R.A.P. Challenge: X

• vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    vegan4lyfe2012
    Sunday
    PW: 190.6
    CW: 191.4

I guess, in the grand scheme of things, gaining 0.8 isn't really all that bad...
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    I ended up gaining 0.8 pounds this week. It was the first week on the new WW program. I have a love-hate relationship with it. My zero point foods are veg, fruit, tofu, beans, potatoes and whole grains. If I had stayed the course and chose better foods to use my extra points on, I think I would've had a loss. Instead, I ended the week at -11. This week I'm working the program, no matter what!

Hunter is back at home now and doing great. I'd say her mind is back to about 95%. She still has a lapse here and there, but the doctor cleared her to go back to work in a limited basis. She happily took her note into the job yesterday and her manager stopped what she was doing to put Hunter back on the schedule immediately...so she's at work today for a 6 hour shift.

Side note - is anyone having trouble with the new Community when you're on the app? When I try going to the Community page, it's just a blank screen. The only way I can get on here is on my tablet. Weird.
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the encouragement! I might need more, I'll let you know. Thanks to the things you mentioned and some thought examination, I think my funk is related to some discouragement, but also some boredom. So, I'm going to do everything I can to make choices that align with my goals for the rest of the year. I'm going to find some healthy ways to treat myself and keep things interesting- maybe this week I will try a new salsa flavor! Find a new youtuber for exercise! Get outside and enjoy the crisp fall air (in FL- that means 60 degrees) I will NOT start the year full of shame and regret at throwing away the progress I have made this year.

I'm so close to dropping into that next bracket of weight! I'm so close to buying some new clothes!

100 days: make the choices that align with my goals daily

@laurelfit57 - Oh my goodness, I'm glad you and your pup are doing better.

@vegan4lyfe2012 - glad Hunter is back and work and feeling better.

Lisa
  • TeresaW1020
    Options
    @laurelfit57 I didn’t get my flu shot after all because Walmart’s pharmacy was super busy and I didn’t have time to wait. I will probably go up to CVS at some point this week. Costco!! I can’t tell you how excited I am that we are finally getting one built. I was at Hobby Lobby yesterday and the Costco is going in right next door. It should be open in the next few months!! :grin: I imagine that your poor body is sore from the spin class and yoga but it’s a good kind of hurt, right? I did an upper body yesterday and today my chest and triceps are crying. Today it was the booty’s turn to cry. :D

@trooworld You are doing soooo well! Just three pieces of chocolates is a real win in my book! :)

@vegan4lyfe I’m glad that Hunter is doing so well that she is able to go back to work. And you will get the hang of the WW plan and make it work for you. I haven’t used MFP on the app lately so I am no help in that area. :/

@Cornanda Finding things to do to keep you busy is a great plan! Boredom is never good for us when we are trying to lose weight. Of course, being super busy isn’t good either! :D

Hi Team! Today was a good day. I did an 80 Day Obsession booty workout. My triceps and shoulder blades are so sore from yesterday’s upper body that I can barely lift my arms. I spent a good amount of time today on the computer making graphics for the church website and FB page for all the upcoming events and I got my Sunday school lesson prepped. We are of course doing something that talks about being thankful. :)
    Day 56 of the 100-day Challenge Commitments:
    1. Workout or do church cleaning 5 to 6 days a week B)
    2. Eat mostly high protein, low carb, moderate fat B)
    3. Restart Data Driven Fasting and work it like a boss! Starts on Saturday
    4. NO unplanned sugar! B)
  • laurelfit57
    Options
    Weekly weigh in
    Username. laurelfit57
    Weigh in day. Sunday
    PW. 144.8
    CW. 145.8
    + 1
  • laurelfit57
    Options
    @Jactop congrats on the loss!!

@trooworld Vannie has been passed out most of the day after that workout yesterday 🤣.
    Good for you for limiting yourself to three chocolates!! Measuring is so important, but I am afraid I am the same in that I typically eyeball things. Now that I am getting down to the last little bit I am getting more strict about measuring once again, not always easy! It really is amazing what it is like when you drink enough water.

@vegan4lyfe2012 Good for you for only gaining .8 pounds, so much stress and a new program to boot! So glad to hear that Hunter is back home and that her mind is really functioning at such a great level! That’s awesome that she’s back at work and happy to be there!!

@Cornanda I find that when I am getting bored with a program, I can definitely get in a funk and get sloppy with it, switching things up is a great idea! I don’t know what kind of YouTube Exercise you like to do but there is a fellow named Rick Bhullar, who I find pretty entertaining. He does a lot of Walking workout videos. I actually ended up joining his pate site for a few months while I couldn’t get into the gym. He’s YouTube channel is called Getting Fit with Rick. If you want somebody to make you laugh while you work out, he’s the one.

@TeresaW1020 sounds like you had an amazing workout! I am thinking that your booty is going to be screaming at you tomorrow LOL.

It was a good day today and I was surprisingly not as stiff as I thought I was going to be! I have been working out at home in one form or another, 5 to 6 days a week. Maybe I have been doing a better job than I thought LOL! I am going to go take another spin class tomorrow, I think I will be increasing the tension😜.

I gained a pound last week, which didn’t surprise me at all! Trying to get in really good workouts and stay totally on track this week, it really feels good to be moving again!
    We had such a major snow dump here in the last 24 hours, it’s insane! I took my mom out this morning before it got too bad, on the way back, after I dropped her off and was on my way home, a bus spun out in front of me and almost hit a bus stop! I came home and didn’t go out the rest of the day! I am really hoping that they sand the roads before tomorrow morning, I would love to get to the gym in the morning!
  • krea4
    krea4 Posts: 1,813 Member
    Options
    Sorry for the late post. My community tab wasn't working, probably due to the update. I had to reinstall the app.

@broncobuddee
    Krea4
    Mondays
    PW: 64.25kg  141.6lbs
    CW: 64.90      143.1

I am so tired that I've reverted back to the old habit of eating sugar/carbs, almost constantly, to keep me going.

16.11.21 🛑🍬🍰🍪🍫🍦🛑
    Me: 8
    P: 8
    Streak: 0

🎊100 days challenge🎊
    Day 56 - 16.11.21
    🎉 No unhealthy snacks 🎉 30/100
    🎊 No eating after 7.30 🎊 41/100
    🥳 Exercise every day 🥳 46/100
  • Cornanda
    Options
    Oops.... I forgot to tell you about an NSV I had over the weekend. I broke my record for steps in a day: 27,450! First, I did some extra exercise, including a bit of running. It went better than I thought it would and I wasn't sore the next day. Then, I did cleaning and some yardwork. And after that we went to our county fair. I had a beer, but didn't eat any fair food. I earned two FitBit badges on Sat!

I've also decided to try to journal NSVs and good things that happen each day. When I get in a funk like this, it's easy to focus on the bad instead of the good.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @jugar Please change my weigh-in day to Wednesdays. I am sorry if you aren't the one doing this, I wasn't sure who to tag! :)

Username: Trooworld
    Weigh-in day: Weds
    Week: 3
    PW: 231.2
    CW: 227
    LTD: 21
  • trooworld
    Options
    @vegan4lyfe2012 Considering the stress you've been under, I would call that a win! I'm glad to hear Hunter is doing well. That's great she is back to work. Sorry you are having trouble with the new app. I use the website on my desktop so I can't be of any help.

@Cornanda Yes to all the things you said! You've got this. Holy cr@p girl! 27,450 steps??? That's amazeballs! You rocked it! I highly encourage the journal with NSVs. I do that and it really helps when you are having a bad day to be able to look back and see progress on paper.

@TeresaW1020 Thank you! :) Oh your poor body! That must have been fun, making the graphics.

@laurelfit57 Poor pup! I would be, too, to be fair lol. Yeah I'm going to try to always measure stuff from now on. It's hard though, for lunches and dinners because I make recipes and it just says "serves 4" so I can't really weigh it or measure it. I just try to take 1/4 of the dish and no more. Yes, enough water makes all the difference: no cravings, not tired, amazing! It sounds like you are doing great! Sorry about the snow. It looks pretty but is no fun to drive in or shovel. Oh gosh, sorry about the spin-out! Be safe!

Hi all. Well, I've lost 4.2 lbs since Saturday on the new WW program. I'm very happy about that. Things are going really well. I did have some cookies that my husband made last night: he made 5 different kinds for me to take to work today for my coworkers. He wanted me to try each one so I did. My goal for today is to only eat one of those delicious cookies.

• lose4me71
    lose4me71 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Username: lose4me71
    Weigh in day: Wednesday
    PW:301.5
    CW: 300.8

@trooworld Your turkey is beautiful. I would love to start crafting. I've been seeing some projects I would like to try. I really want to learn how to make wreaths.

@KateMary71 I'm 50, had a partial hysterectomy about 2 years ago. I had put it off for a while; but, one of the best decisions I made in a while. My cycles were really heavy and super painful. I had cysts and fibroids. I was out of work for 6 weeks. I started driving again at 4 weeks. Best of luck to you.
  • Cornanda
    Options
    Awhile back, I mentioned a book I was reading. It is: Never Binge Again by Glenn Livingston.

Been thinking about how to give a succinct summary of the book...

Basically, your urge to eat too much is a survival instinct gone wrong. Your brain uses it against you. (ie Lizard brain) He refers to it as a specific evil beast and says you should keep it in a cage. It sounds a bit crazy, but basically you are separating your "fat thinking" from "healthy thinking"

Cons to the book- he writes like a gimmicky infomercial. His ideas seem oversimplified.

Pros: His descriptions of the "arguments" the "beast" will have with you are surprisingly accurate, and he gives logical reasons why they are BS. I think there are some tools in there that I will be using. You can get a free copy of the book on his website:

https://www.neverbingeagain.com/

I haven't finished it yet, but I read quite a bit of it. His ideas are different than what I've run across before, so I thought I would mention it in case anyone has an interest.

@trooworld- Yay you on your loss this week! So glad that new plan is working for you!

Lisa
  • TeresaW1020
    Options
    @lauralfit57 Yikes seeing that bus spin out must have been super scary! That is good that you aren’t as stiff as you feared you would be. I’m sure all the dog training you do also helps keep your muscles toned. :)

@krea4 I know that when I get really tired I tend to eat what I shouldn’t too. Can you try to set yourself up with healthier choices and choose them instead? Even if you aren’t watching the calorie count, just eating better food might make you feel better. Hang in there! <3

@Cornanda Wow that is a lot of steps and good for you for even running a bit!! Journaling NSVs is a great idea! Sounds like an interesting book. Marty Kendall who does the Data Driven Fasting often talks about our lizard brain and how we need to make sure we are fueling our bodies with good nutritious food so that we don’t let Lizzy out. Maybe these two men know each other. :grin:

@trooworld WOOT on your weight loss!! @broncobuddee will change your weigh-in day. B)

Hi Team! It’s been one of those long days. The bookkeeping job went long, and I ended up taking the credit card statement and all the receipts to balance at home. Sure, is different than balancing my own personal credit card. :grin: Tonight the Awana kids at church will be packing Operation Christmas Child boxes, so that will be a fun time. Eating has been good today!
    Day 57 of the 100-day Challenge Commitments:
    1. Workout or do church cleaning 5 to 6 days a week Day off
    2. Eat mostly high protein, low carb, moderate fat B)
    3. Restart Data Driven Fasting and work it like a boss! Starts on Saturday
    4. NO unplanned sugar! B)
  • trooworld
    Options
    @lose4me71 Congrats on the loss! Thank you re: the turkey. It was fun to make! I love to craft. It keeps me out of the snacks. ;) There are some really good YouTube videos on how to make wreaths. I always find it helpful to have a video to reference.

@Cornanda Thank you so much for the summary of the book and for letting us know it is free. I forgot that I have this book! I don't think I've started reading it yet though. Now I want to start! Thanks re: my loss. I do love this new plan.

@TeresaW1020 Thank you and thank you @broncobuddee! What are Operation Christmas Child boxes? What's in them? Yay for a good eating day!

Hi all. Well I ended up eating 2 more cookies than planned but I still consider this a victory because in the past, I would have had at least 5. Eating was good other than the cookies. I'm glad I won't be at work around those cookies again today, I'm working from home for the rest of the week.

This discussion has been closed.