TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (November)

Options

Replies

• IvanaKirilova
    IvanaKirilova Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    You can try something else to calm your emotions instead of eating. Something that makes you happier then food. But you should never feel sorry about doing something that helps you relax! This mustn't stop right now...you should take baby steps and make it stop when you feel ready and motivated. Until then you can try and find an alternative for that problem like eating real food that you enjoy as a snack such as raw veggies and fruits. It's not necessary to be that low calorie but replace the other food you think you might be gaining weight of.
    Here's a Tik Tok account...I think you might find her on YouTube. Samira helps and motivates people that can't stop binge eating or have any kinds of problems with loosing weight because of food. https://vm.tiktok.com/ZM8g7aBX6/
    I hope that helps a little bit for you to not feel guilty about your bad habits cause we all have them. Good luck 😊
  • gsheppy
    gsheppy Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Nov 18
    Logged yea. Under heck no. Exercise. 30 mins at PT / does this count lol.
  • ashleymullo6195
    ashleymullo6195 Posts: 145 Member
    Options

Ashleymullo6195
    Excersize - yes
    Logged food - yes
    Under calories - no over by 182
  • cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member
    Options
    @DaffyGirl88 so Tuesday I did the bodypump and spin classes, and felt a little achy Wednesday, but pretty much fine. I went to a cardio kickbox and core class, and I was sooooo sore yesterday! Surprisingly I was OK sitting, but my arms and back were the worst. My muscles are a little sore today, but I'm about to head out to the "Happy Hour Special" in a few minutes and see what that class is like! If I'm not wiped out, I am going to do the arc trainer for a little bit!

I will be weighing in tomorrow. With all the crazy strength this week I bet I'll be up a bit with water retention, despite having a solid under week!
  • IvanaKirilova
    IvanaKirilova Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Friday 19 Nov
    logged food: yes
    under calories: no
    exercise: yes
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,609 Member
    Options
    @gsheppy I love my Kindle also, but haven't given up on real books. I'm usually reading one of each and listening to an audiobook 🎧 at any given time.

I just started Wintering: the Power of Rest and Retreat in Difficult Times and am really enjoying it. Also starting Rising Tides by Nora Roberts for my book club. It's part of her Chesapeake Bay Saga series, and since we live on the Chesapeake Bay it's fitting. 😊

I recently read The Lincoln Highway by Amor Towles and enjoyed it. I've read others by him and really liked them.

I read Liane Moriarty s new one Apples Never Fall and liked it a lot. I love her writing.

I read a mix of fiction and nonfiction, my favorite being historical fiction.
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    There was no class tonight 😪 I did 55 minutes on the arc trainer instead, increasing the resistance every so often and working my way back down. Unfortunately, I forgot my earbuds and it was very quiet and I stared at a wall for most of the time. I did get a good workout in, though!

Overall, I've had a pretty good week! Give me the strength to not undo things this weekend!!! 😄 I won't be disappointed if I have a bad weigh in, but I'm hoping there's not too much backslide!

If I don't check in, I hope you all have a wonderful, focused weekend! :)
  • sandkp
    sandkp Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Daily accountability TBBT
    Day: Friday November 19
    Track:  yes
    Under:  yes
    Exercise: yes
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    Friday 19 Nov
    Track: yes
    Under: no, Fridays are usually my planned treat day, after weigh in 😊
    Exercise: yes
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    Weigh in:
    Previous: 173.3
    Current: 176.5
    Gain: 3.2lb

I will be back down next week! Even with Thanksgiving(I hope)
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    brandi_84 wrote: »
    Weigh in

This is the most I have ever weighed. Instead of losing I am just gaining. Between TOM and other things I have been eating my emotions. This must stop, now.

@brandi_84 I am going to start with a (hug)..... Okay, maybe this is your wake-up call? But Ivana is right, you need to search out alternate methods of dealing with your emotions that don't involve food, and then start testing them out in non-stressful situations. I wish you great resolve, Brandi....if you are really ready to make a change, then you can do it. Even if you just maintain for a while until you figure it out/are ready; better than continuing to climb.

• HASWLRS
    Options
    Weigh in Week 3
    PW: 147.2
    CW: 146.4

@DaffyGirl88 A good week!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    So, almost five good days, 24 hours of carnage, 12 hours until weigh-in....

Last week: 182.5
    Today: 184.0 (sigh)

Tonight we are going to an outdoor concert. (Only in Canada would someone think that temperatures in the high 30's F are suitable for an outdoor venue!) You bring your own lawn chairs, and blankets if you want them. There is an assortment of food trucks for dinner, and drinks from the bar. Did I mention it is at a winery? :) The performer is Canadian singer/songwriter/actress Jann Arden. Just wondering how big she is in the States...have any of you heard of her?
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    kkay2345 wrote: »

My goal today is to be ready to jump on the treadmill the second the kids leave the house for school so I don't have time to make excuses. :D

@kkay2345 That sounds like a great plan! How is it working out?
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    (Daily Post - Thurs. Nov 18)
    Logged: yes
    Under: no
    Exercise: no
    Water: 4 cups

Last night was pizza night and even tho I did go over in calories, I made better choices. Like I didn’t eat as much pizza as I normally would. And this morning, I’m choosing not to beat myself over the night before and moving on 😊

@rawrxamberx Learning to start each day fresh with forward thinking, and not dwell on the questionable choices from the day before, is a great skill set to have. We can't undo yesterday...we can only "do" today!!
  • everydaywechoose
    everydaywechoose Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    logged; yes
    under; no
    exercise; yes
  • everydaywechoose
    everydaywechoose Posts: 270 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Beach day today
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »

Tonight we are going to an outdoor concert. (Only in Canada would someone think that temperatures in the high 30's F are suitable for an outdoor venue!) You bring your own lawn chairs, and blankets if you want them. There is an assortment of food trucks for dinner, and drinks from the bar. Did I mention it is at a winery? :) The performer is Canadian singer/songwriter/actress Jann Arden. Just wondering how big she is in the States...have any of you heard of her?

@HASWLRS of course! Insensitive is one of my favorite songs! In the states you can bring your own food to a winery, can you do that? We usually take cheese and crackers, veggies and hummus, that sort of thing. That way we aren't dependant on the food truck.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »

@HASWLRS of course! Insensitive is one of my favorite songs! In the states you can bring your own food to a winery, can you do that? We usually take cheese and crackers, veggies and hummus, that sort of thing. That way we aren't dependant on the food truck.

@DaffyGirl88 Nope, can't even bring in your own water. Everything has to be bought there.