Replies

• Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,553 Member
    Thursday, November 25

Exercise: no
    Net calories: 1128
    Steps: 10.675 / 10.000

Ramblings of the day
    Good morning team. Not much to report for Thursday. I had a relaxing day. Muscles got a bit more sore later on, but still doable. I will probably do 2 sets of everything today and the full 3 on Monday when my body is recovered. Happy Friday everyone <3
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,099 Member
    @pupowl Sounds like a wonderful, relaxing day...sorry for the sore muscles...I know that can slow you down a bit...you certainly don't want to overdo things and get down so you're stuck in bed or uncomfortable walking...I woke up in the middle of the night with a sore throat and was concerned that I'd be sick this morning, but it went away and after a nice hot shower this morning, I'm up and getting ready to walk...indoors because it's cold and rainy outside, but at least I'm up and moving...yesterday I went a little overboard on my walking and my foot is a little sore today, but the hot water helped it too...I'll do several mini-walks today and rest/elevate in between.

I'm reading a great Christmas book. Discovered Sheila Roberts a few months ago and read a 5-book series of her and just loved it. then, I found this Christmas book by her so that's what I'm reading now. I'm finishing up my reading goal for 2021 and I have 3 books to go. Trying to decide if I'll try for 50 again in 2022 or up it a little. I caught a great Black Friday sale at an online bookstore and nabbed 10 books and a jigsaw puzzle for $42, with free shipping and on top of the 50%+ prices on everything and the free shipping, I also got 12% cash back with Rakuten. I LOVE BARGAINS!!

I'm definitely going to continue my monthly walking goals and I'm increasing those a bit each month. November was 32 miles. December will be 35. I just love conquering goals! Makes me feel ten feet tall!

Hope everyone has a wonderful day today.
    Jessica
  • bearchested
    bearchested Posts: 215 Member
    Bearchested
    Friday
    PW: 198.4
    CW: 202.8

Yesterday was Thanksgiving in the U.S., and I didn't do well with snacking this whole week.
  • jessicakrall8
    zj0swaf2mvif.png
  • jessicakrall8
    1ucqyg6lpdlh.png

Success is never an accident...it's a choice!
  • Chalmation
    Chalmation Posts: 2,625 Member
    Daily Step Goal: 8,000
    11/24: 10,574
    11/25: 12,282
  • Chalmation
    @jessicakrall8
    I'm a reader too. I have over 2200 books to read in my Kindle account. So far I've read 100 books this year.
  • Chalmation
    Chalmation
    Friday
    PW 148.8
    CW 149.2

Too bad Thanksgiving was the day before my weigh-in day. Yesterday I was 147.6! Didn't overeat but food had lots of sodium.
  • jessicakrall8
    kegh47pn1wu7.jpg

Missing Weigh-ins this week (incl today) from:

@napattack9558
    @FoolishJoy
    @angmarie28
    @KHill875
    @ssssseika
    @Yukie_OP
    @GSAllumbaugh

Report in soon please...
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    Chalmation wrote: »
    @jessicakrall8
    I'm a reader too. I have over 2200 books to read in my Kindle account. So far I've read 100 books this year.

I would LOVE to try and set that goal for 2022, but am unsure I could meet it. I may try though! What are you favorite genres to read? I like Cozy mysteries, historic fiction, romance, general fiction...I just don't prefer to have a lot of graphic violence or language...I was something light hearted and pleasant to read...love Christmas novels...
    Jessica
  • Chalmation
    Chalmation wrote: »
    @jessicakrall8

I would LOVE to try and set that goal for 2022, but am unsure I could meet it. I may try though! What are you favorite genres to read? I like Cozy mysteries, historic fiction, romance, general fiction...I just don't prefer to have a lot of graphic violence or language...I was something light hearted and pleasant to read...love Christmas novels...
    Jessica

I like time travel, dystopian/post-apopaclyptic (or however you spell that word), mystery thrillers, police procedurals, science fiction, classics. Do not like romances at all.
  • KHill875
    KHill875 Posts: 156 Member
    KHill875
    Friday weight
    PW: 142.2
    CW: 144.8

Sorry, I fully enjoyed Thanksgiving dinner yesterday. I will do better next week. In promise.
  • Pupowl
    Friday, November 26

Exercise: gym
    Net calories: 817
    Steps: 10.604 / 10.000

Ramblings of the day
    Good morning team. I had a good time at the gym, though it felt a little short because of the 2 sets. I still burned plenty of calories. Worked on my puzzle a lot which I will finish today. I only have 2 left to do now, so I looked online for some cheap ones. I managed to get 8 puzzles for around 32 euros. A good brand puzzle is anywhere between 15 and 24 euros so this is really nice. The Christmas puzzle I am doing now is the same cheap brand, and I still really enjoy making that one. The thin pieces aren't a problem so I am excited to have a new pile to do soon. Happy Saturday everyone <3
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl
    Saturday weigh in
    PW: 199.5
    CW: 198.2
  • Pupowl
    edited November 2021
    Another puzzle finished. Hope you don't get sick of me sharing them! My next puzzle is epic; really cool and weirdly shaped pieces and the quality is insanely good.

d2bgene95v9g.jpg
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 912 Member
    Izzyred9400
    Sat weigh in
    PW 135.6
    CW 136
    Steps
    11/25 8,952
    11/26 16,168
    A slight gain in the wrong direction 😒
    not a good idea to eat a packet of salted cashews after midnight the day before a weigh in !!
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 912 Member
    @Pupowl I like seeing your completed puzzles,carry on sharing please.Great loss too this week !
    @KHill875 glad you enjoyed Thanksgiving with your family.You will soon lose the pounds,no apology needed.
    Got pretty wintery here,Storm Bevan has caused some damage to my family's houses & trees have fallen.Also no power.Thankfully they are all safe.Just windy where I am so not too bad.
    Have a great weekend everyone 😀
  • CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 526 Member
    CasandraW
    Saturday weigh in
    PW 233
    CW 229.6

Super busy week, we are hosting a Christmas party tomorrow. 22 people, I’m doing all the cooking and baking with my mom for it.
    @Pupowl I like the puzzles too
  • jessicakrall8
    Good Morning Team! I got up early this morning and walked a mile and a quarter...have another six tenths of a mile to finish my November goal. I'll finish that either later today or first thing tomorrow!

@pupowl I LOVE that puzzle...how festive!! I'm SO glad you share your adventures with the group...I ordered a puzzle yesterday during my little bit of black Friday shopping and got a Christmas one for 60% off...can't wait to get it. My cousins have introduced me to a new crafty project and I ordered one of those too...it's diamond bead painting...kinds like paint by number with beads...I'd never heard of it, but I'm going to try it...looks relaxing...so NOW I'll have to decide between reading, crafting OR working a puzzle...can't wait to see how my cat reacts to my new activities...gotta keep her out of the puzzle AND the beads...should be interesting! CONGRATS on your loss this week!!! WTG!

@CasandraW OMG how did you manage such an amazing loss while cooking AND baking?!!! I need your secret! ***APPLAUSE*** I made the mistake of making my favorite green onion dip this week and can't seem to stay out of it...I only make it (for that reason), during the holidays...

@chalmation I used to read medical thrillers, those were fun and hard to put down! I do like legal dramas and used to read some of those as well. I'm halfway through the Outlander series, which is time travel, but also has romance in it. I really like fiction where the women characters are strong and independent and the books explore their relationships with their families, but not sure how to put those into a genre...in any case, I grew up a fanatical reader, so in the past 4-5 years, I've gotten back into reading through these reading challenges and I'm so glad. I love to escape into a book...I am gonna reach for 100 books next year...you've inspired me! :smile:

Hope everyone enjoys their #Caturday!
    zevax9pj3ksd.jpg

Jessica
  • Yukie_OP
    Yukie_OP Posts: 267 Member
    Yukie_OP
    Weigh-in (Sat)
    PW: 133.4
    CW: 133.0

* a bit surprised the weight didn't go up from Thanksgivings feasting.
This discussion has been closed.