Shape Shifters Team Chat - DECEMBER 2021

Replies

• jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,061 Member
    Hi I'm from Shrinking Assets on Maintenance empty nester lost 55 lbs 15 yrs ago & come here for support
    Waiting to hear results from biopsy that was done on my husband for pancreatic cancer results on Tuesday so yeah ready to get this week going

Good morning @LaurieWrobo ...nothing worse than waiting and especially for something important. I'm praying you get a good result!
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    hipari wrote: »

Lol, it’s a holiday weekend here so I’m thrilled! It’s independence day here (Finland) so we’re celebrating, and most importantly, since it’s a long weekend I got to sleep for 4.5 hours straight as my husband takes the baby night shift on weekends so I get to sleep and only have to wake up to pump milk, which is what I’m doing now and then I get to go back to bed. Getting almost 5 straight hours of sleep is a lot with a 6-week-old, I think, and I get to go right back to sleep with good chances of getting another 2-3 hours before the baby wakes again.

Independence day tends to be quite somber here due to being a young country and fighting for it again during WW2 and some veterans of those wars still being alive - no fireworks, bbqs or street carnevals here. First my mom is picking up my sister, me and the baby to go see a wreath laying ceremony at the military memorial, and we’ll visit the nearby grave of my great-grandpa who was a veteran and ended up a high-ranking general later in life. Then my husband is joining us at mom’s house and we’ll have a celebratory meal. This year the meal feels extra special as it’s our daughter’s first independence day, plus we’re having all the yummy foods and delicacies I wasn’t allowed to eat during pregnancy.

@hipari Happy Independence Day!! I bet that 5 hrs of sleep felt like 10!!! Hope you have a wonderful, peaceful day talking about memories of your great grandfather and other family...enjoy! I used to go to many of the military memorial services in my hometown (Paris, Kentucky, USA) when I was growing up...my Grandfather (he passed in 1976) served in the Army during WWII and my father (he passed in 1979) during Korea so I understand completely the pride that is felt. Nice to hear of the history of Finland! I've only seen pictures, but it's a beautiful country...would love to see it someday!
    Jessica
  • kcpond
    kcpond Posts: 650 Member
    kcpond
    Weigh-in Day - Wednesday
    PW - 245.8
    CW - 246.3

My apologies for not weighing in last week. Work got busy and forgot to do this. Anyways this is from last week and I won't forget again :(
  • kcpond
    Steps

12/1 - 10,836
    12/2 - 6,224
    12/3 - 5,009
    12/4 - 11,050
    12/5 - 5,364
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    hipari wrote: »
    z6b4sw8uwjr8.png

Anyone else with me?!! LOL Here's to a good week for all of us!
    Jessica :smile:

Lol, it’s a holiday weekend here so I’m thrilled! It’s independence day here (Finland) so we’re celebrating, and most importantly, since it’s a long weekend I got to sleep for 4.5 hours straight as my husband takes the baby night shift on weekends so I get to sleep and only have to wake up to pump milk, which is what I’m doing now and then I get to go back to bed. Getting almost 5 straight hours of sleep is a lot with a 6-week-old, I think, and I get to go right back to sleep with good chances of getting another 2-3 hours before the baby wakes again.

Independence day tends to be quite somber here due to being a young country and fighting for it again during WW2 and some veterans of those wars still being alive - no fireworks, bbqs or street carnevals here. First my mom is picking up my sister, me and the baby to go see a wreath laying ceremony at the military memorial, and we’ll visit the nearby grave of my great-grandpa who was a veteran and ended up a high-ranking general later in life. Then my husband is joining us at mom’s house and we’ll have a celebratory meal. This year the meal feels extra special as it’s our daughter’s first independence day, plus we’re having all the yummy foods and delicacies I wasn’t allowed to eat during pregnancy.

Love to hear about your Finnish holiday, really interesting history. My niece is marrying a lad who has Finnish relatives, she has visited them twice now. Finland's geography is much like the northern half of my home state of Minnesota (cool, lakes, mosquitoes and pine trees).
  • cre804
    cre804 Posts: 345 Member
    Cre804
    Friday

Mods, I wanted to post this separately so it wouldn’t get lost. I’m going to be out of town this week so I will be skipping weigh-in on Friday since I won’t have access to a scale. Praying I don’t add even more weight this week while I’m gone! I’ll be back next week.
  • jessicakrall8
    kcpond wrote: »
    Steps

12/1 - 10,836
    12/2 - 6,224
    12/3 - 5,009
    12/4 - 11,050
    12/5 - 5,364

@kcpond Kevin, I need your steps from Nov 19th through the 30th please. I sent you a couple of notes, but with your work schedule, I think you missed my notes. Get these to me ASAP please and I'll get it updated...would like to post the winners by the end of this week. Thanks! Glad your schedule is lightening up...we miss your positive posts!!!
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    mulecanter wrote: »
    Love to hear about your Finnish holiday, really interesting history. My niece is marrying a lad who has Finnish relatives, she has visited them twice now. Finland's geography is much like the northern half of my home state of Minnesota (cool, lakes, mosquitoes and pine trees).

OK, how did I go ALL THIS TIME and not know your home state was Minnesota?!! What part? I lived in Burnsville and worked in Bloomington and Minnetonka! I do not miss the snow, but if that was your home state, I bet you do! I was only there for six years, but that was enough for me...but I will say, I met some of the most friendly people there...and the time spent in Bloomington was my favorite job of my whole career. I haven't been back, but would love to go back and visit sometime in July/August...LOL What state are you in now?
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    cre804 wrote: »
    Cre804
    Friday

Mods, I wanted to post this separately so it wouldn’t get lost. I’m going to be out of town this week so I will be skipping weigh-in on Friday since I won’t have access to a scale. Praying I don’t add even more weight this week while I’m gone! I’ll be back next week.

@cre804 Have a great trip...I've requested you to be excused from the Friday weigh-in. Cindy, I'd love to hear more about your European trip from August when you have time to expound on it. What was your favorite country/city to visit? What did you not get to see that you hope to go back and see someday? It's been a few years, but I took a trip to Germany, Switzerland and Austria a while back when I was married to my military hubby. It was amazing, but I'd love to go back someday and see France, England and Scotland and Italy. So much to see in Europe! BTW, I'm four hours south of DC, in coastal Virginia...about 30 minutes from the oceanfront in Virginia Beach.

Again, enjoy your trip!
  • kcpond
    Steps

11/19 - 1,976
    11/20 - 8,591
    11/21 - 5,540
    11/22 - 7,487
    11/23 - 7,691
    11/24 - 3,672
    11/25 - 6,796
    11/26 - 6,048
    11/27 - 3,476
    11/28 - 2,675
    11/29 - 5,423
    11/30 - 5,065
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,780 Member
    edited December 2021
    Happy Monday Everyone. I hope everyone had a great weekend. No workout this weekend, My husbands sister is going to be staying with us for about a month, so I had to spent Saturday cleaning making space for her. Then I worked yesterday, so I didnt do anything too exciting. 2 weeks before Christmas Break (I am a school Nurse) and I can not wait to have some time off, working 6 days a week (I also work Sundays in memory care) is kicking my butt.
    Woke up to 4 inches of snow yesterday, the forcast mentioned no snow so that was a shock, especially since it was 70 degrees a few days ago.
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,780 Member
    12/3-11,758
    12/4-5,910
    12/5-10,370
  • jessicakrall8
    angmarie28 wrote: »
    12/3-11,758
    12/4-5,910
    12/5-10,370

I had your steps for Dec 2nd reported in the space for the 1st, so now that I've corrected, I need your steps for Dec 1st and we'll be caught up. I looked back into the November thread and you posted on the 1st but just your weight...and the next post listed the 2nd...nothing for the 1st, so it was my error. Let me know. Thanks!
    Jess
  • jessicakrall8
    blhfwr8tndqd.jpg

Come on Walking/Running fans, we need to get on our game!! We just doubled our team size and I don't have even 10 walkers...what alternative universe have I stepped into!

Join the step team challenge...I just need your first name, favorite place to walk and your daily step goal...then just post your steps every few days and we're good to go. If you walk in a winter wonderland, feel free to post some pictures...it may motivate someone else to get moving. Can't wait for you to join us!!

This discussion has been closed.