Buzz Around the Airport Lounge - Chat

Options

Replies

• lavalily
    lavalily Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    I haven't had a chance to take pictures from the beach of our snow covered mountains, but here is a link if you're interested in seeing it.
    https://weatherboy.com/hawaii-digs-out-of-blizzard-first-view-from-mauna-kea-ground-zero-of-snowstorm/
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,024 Member
    Options
    @hicim705 ,,, OH Heidi,, I ALWAYS LOVE the Winter Challenge!! Its the time of year that I do MY BEST!! WOOHOO!! Enjoy the rehearsal and the show (At first I mistyped it as SNOW AND SMILED! LOL)
    @Golfma4 ,,, HAPPY CATurday!! Ohhhh I MISS eating out and seeing a show!! But, not quite yet will I go especially since in my area Covid is at a very high number, our worse so far. If there was no covid last night I'd of been at the showing of "West Side Story." I LOVE that movie!! The music,,,, OH THE MUSIC!!
    @macrat12,,, Hope you enjoyed the way. WTG on the goals.
    @Bookienj,,, LOL If the book turns out different then the predictable ending, it can be MADDENING!! LOL we are amazed. LOL either way it is as it ends. TY TY about Kathy. Its comforting to her to know how deeply loved she is by so many.
    @SusanM18MFP ,, OH COOL!! how was the exhibit?
    @Lindiemaep ,,, YO!! you all certainly are having a lot of rain. Is that a normal winter for you? How about ,,, LOL you know me by now,,,do you GET SNOW??? WOOOHOO SNOW!!!
    @Cseguin2 ,, Do you live in the Northeast? We seem to have the same weather or very close to it. YO later on tonight the winds will pick up, though far from bad likely some power outages. I think the last time they must of fixed our problem area in the city, we've not gone down lately. We'll see if that remains. WOOHOO I LOVE SHOPPING!!! However I hate cluttering ,,, so there's a balance. Of course right now most are buying others gifts. LOL So it's one place that gets cluttered up,,, it's passed on to OTHERS!! GRIN
    @Lavallily,, TY TY TY That's so COOL!! Those pics are AMAZING!! Such a drastic difference there!! LOVED the pics and it didn't at all look that cold.
  • Retired_Sue
    Retired_Sue Posts: 10,923 Member
    Options
    Just a quick stop here before heading to bed. We will be able to sing as the member I contacted last night phoned me back today - or her husband (a former colleague of mine) did and she said that she felt she could do all of our program except for one piece (No Time to Diet) which we'll just eliminate, That was better than I was hoping - I was prepared to switch out a few pieces if needed. I got cranberry loaves baked today which will go to my kids, and we put a few of the smaller ornaments on the little tree. Also got some laundry done and hubby put out our lighted deer and a few lights on our front railing, I'd like to see some on the deck railing but he says no one will see them but I think they will be seen well enough. We had three brief power outages due to high winds (it was also very mild and there was some rain - good bye snow - or much of it), The first outage was not long after I put the loaves in the oven to bake but fortunately it lasted less than 10 minutes. I reset everything and finished baking the loaves - oven had barely cooled down. The second was just after I got in the shower to wash my hair but only lasted a couple of minutes and the last one was just after I got out of the shower. Watched some Grey Cup Saturday coverage as well - didn't get back to gluing names on the bags - maybe tomorrow. I was going to get a few cards ready tonight but was too tired so I'm off to bed here in a few minutes.
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,151 Member
    Options
    It's 33 feels like 27 with a high of 54 for today. Axe Sharpening: Remember that you'll never out work a poor diet. Don't underestimate the power of balanced nutrition.~~~Toni Livers 1st Phorm Elite Athlete Happy Poinsettia Day and Gingerbread House Day!!!! Fitness quote for today: Concentrate on your strengths instead of your weaknesses, on your powers instead of your problems.~~~awesomebody.info Motivational quote for today: Don't let anything hold you back- especially your mind.~~~unknown Closed all rings on my Active 4 and had 12,520 steps yesterday.
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,532 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! We are in the calm before the storm. Nutcracker dress rehearsals start Wednesday-show opens Friday. I help load things for the stage on Tuesday morning. Hubby is having me skip the gym due to germs til nutcracker is over. And my 16 yo is getting her booster today!
    @Dianedoessmiles1 -lol about the book’s ending. I am 100 pages from done with a thriller that I C am reading/listening to. Unfortunately it is told backwards. I don’t follow these as well so I am glad I only have 100 pages left.
    @retired_sue-yay I’m glad you got to sing-that song “no time to diet” was cute. Glad the power outages were quick.
  • LindieMaeP
    LindieMaeP Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Good morning folks, just dropping in for a second or two before I get busy with one thing or another. It's a lovely day in the neighbourhood here, but I am concerned about those in the areas affected by the tornados and I hope all are as safe as can be.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - A weather guy once told us that we live in a "rain forrested area" and we should just suck it up and enjoy the rain. Personally I love it, you dont' gotta shovel rain unless it causes flooding and then you have to shovel sand into sand bags but not where I live. I am waiting for a good day to get a good shot of the mountains - Grouse , or the Sisters also known as the Lions and will post that when I get them.
    @Retired_Sue glad the power outages were few - must be those high winds that BC was experiencing as well. I've never heard the no time to diet song ... hoipe your evening goes well.
    @bookieNJ I used to love reading novels that covered history pieces - one author in particular was Edward Rutherford, I enjoyed his books Lundon, and Ruska but could not get into Paris = all books I bought are always donated to the local library so someone else can enjoy without having to buy. I also liked an Irish Author ... but sadly I can not remember her name - I enjoyed her series of a Woman Judge in a time period when women struggled just to survive. I find it hard to read a book that does flash backs in them as well - dislike it when movies do that, never mind a book!
    Well it is almost 9:30 AM and I need to get busy and get a coffee made too. Have a good day everyone !
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,414 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone! It's a beautiful sunny day here today 🌞! My daughter says hello to everyone. Both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep cheep! I've been for a walk and I feel great! I'll definitely look into beginners paint classes. I'll be doing some dancing after supper. Have a great day, everyone! Take care and stay safe.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Retired_Sue ,,, that's QUITE the day!! I know you enjoy the music, I love music too it's so much fun. YO on the power outages thankfully they were all so short, and didn't ruin the bread. YUMMY STUFF!
    @Macrat12 ,, HI Sarah!
    @Bookienj,, Oh sounds like you'll be in your exercise!! WOOHOO and you'll be using different muscles!!! I used to LOVE work for that reason. Enjoy the FREE WORKOUT! LOL that's how I look at cleaning off the car and it's rare we need to shovel but if so,,, FREE Exercise! Was the Author name Cora Harrison? I just googled it and that's popped up.
    @Lindiemaep ,,,, LOVE! That weatherman's attitude!! Indeed if one lives in an area of a lot of rain, one would have to get used to it, or like it. We have quite a bit, but thankfully not all the time. Weirdly July is our rainiest month. I'm friends with someone who lives in CA, each time it rains out she will NOT go outside/drive. I get to laughing so hard at her. I'd never go OUT!!
    @Cormierannie ,,, ENJOY that painting!! SO MUCH you can learn and do more and more!! WOOHOO!! Hope you enjoy the dancing!! Again I look like a dead frog in a blender!! It's JUST NOT PRETTY!! LOL!!
    @wallahalla ,,, Humor is so cool and can certainly LIFT the spirit.

Went grocery shopping with a friend, we did some extra walking in there. That's always good. The lines (7 out of 9 registers opened) were ALL SO BACKED UPPED!! I am so happy they have the self serve ones. Also they have a cashier who is there to help any customers who need the help. Though I MUST SAY My bagger is AWESOME!! (LOL ME!)
  • marg750me
    marg750me Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    hi busy day
  • LindieMaeP
    Options
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - you know what I am gonna say about people and line ups at the grocery store - its a great opportunity to "talk" to them and "encourage" them, right. Glad you got a chance to get out and get some socializing in too. I always keep Thank you cards in my purse incase there's that special occassion that a server is either being given a rough time by the customer before me, OR they went out of their way for no reason to assiste me. Let's face it, its tough being in the service industry these days when so many folks are so in your face sometimes about things out of your or their control. Yes that was the author - I finally found her by looking at the books I bought on my kobo when I had one. Her books were very good but did have some ... questionable areas being it was Ireland in the 16th centry..
    @marg750me I am sure all of us are busy from time to time, but I sure hope it was a good day after all.
    @wallahalla I dont' do holidays, but I did have to chuckle at that one ... hmmm.. lol
    @cormierannie I am sure you will enjoy those paint classes - my daughter learnt to do the auroras by taking online paint classes and she has sold quite a few paintings and fridge magnets too. She also does other scenes but mostly the auroras.
    Now I need to go report my fitness minutes and call it a night. Cheers !
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Marg750me ,,,, LOVE days that FLY by when busy as long as I get some giggles in!! Hope you have a lovely Monday!
    @Lindiemaep ,,, Usually I am with a friend who is quite an introvert, unless someone strikes her fancy, than LOLOL the 2 of us,, well whoever we talk to often ends up either laughing very hard, smiling very hard, or walks away wondering "WHAT JUST HAPPENED!!??" We are both enjoying the customer service thing. We are the ones who walk away laughing. Hey stores are short handed, and we tend to go to the same ones. Indeed when someone goes out of their way they SHOULD be commended. We were at Walmart the other day, I needed help in a department and COULD NOT FIND someone. FINALLY after minutes I grabbed one worker (not literally LOL BUT ALMOST) He SAID he'd have someone respond, he did not, neither did the next guy, but the 3rd ONE AND He also FOLLOW THROUGH! He was an older guy. He did so well!! If I am alone yes indeed you know I'll talk to someone around me, unless its a "fainty" day and today was such. OH MAN I wanna feel better. Thankfully today my friend stood near by and that we live so close to the store. I KNEW she knew I was struggling. It was kind of her. She also walked me up to the building, before I came in here, and she went to the building next door. Indeed good friends are priceless. COOL that you found the author,, it can be hard to find books. Like you I hate some things, a lot of things put into books. But yeah that time period was so very different from where we live now. TY TY TY for turning in your time, I am headed over to the PS4L team to do the numbers that have reported tonight than I am headed to bed.
    @EVERYONE hope you ALL got in a GREAT Nights sleep and that Monday is sweet and kind to you and all you love.
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,151 Member
    Options
    It's 39 feels like 33 with a high of 62 for today. Axe Sharpening: Just because you mess up one day, doesn't mean you should throw in the towel until New Years.~~~Mike Counihan 1st Phorm Elite Athlete Happy National Cocoa Day!!!! Fitness quote for today: Nothing will stop me from reaching my goals. NOTHING.~~~gymquotes.co Motivational quote for today: Your thoughts can completely change your day. Make sure they change it for the better.~~~unknown Closed all rings on my Active 4 and had 12,756 steps yesterday. Today's training plan is 2X10 min AMRAP with 3 min rest between 10 min AMRAPs after dinner this evening.
  • bookieNJ
    Options
    Happy Monday everyone! Last night we found out my older daughter made it into an honors band. It’s like a one week commitment in January-just have to find out when she gets the music. And nutcracker craziness starts tomorrow! Older daughter also got her booster shot yesterday (she requested) and went to her music teacher’s concert.
    @LindieMaeP -Aw your books sound great! I go love historical fiction, also just Amish fiction, thrillers, some non fiction. 95 percent of my reading is from the library. I do utilize free little libraries and yard sales-so my bookshelf is overflowing. I read those when traveling or waiting for library books. Anything I own I pass onto a friend or a free little library when I am done with it.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 -hope all is well!
  • bookieNJ
    Options
    @Dianedoessmiles1 -yup free exercise! At band camp, there were moms surprised
    I could carry a case of water 30 ft. I easily did it-and was saddened they couldn’t. The thriller book told backwards? It’s all the missing girls by Megan Miranda. I’m 45 pages from the end now-it got interesting last night!
  • Retired_Sue
    Options
    Hi everyone - been busy between football (now over) and Christmas prep. I got up early yesterday morning thinking I'd mix up my shortbread but realized i didn't have enough icing sugar - hadn't even thought to check before hubby went shopping on Friday. I did watch my church service and then mixed up the gingerbread cookie dough instead before settling in to watch Grey Cup coverage followed by the game. Today hubby and I went out to shop for stocking stuffers for our kids and also a couple of gifts for our GS. I had some things I wanted to do downtown which I was going to do on Wednesday after we sang but I decided after hubby and I got back, that I would do them today. We have everything we need for our GS now plus small gifts for our son, his GF and our SIL. Not sure yet about our daughter - might have her covered. Hubby has a colonoscopy scheduled for early tomorrow morning and I'll have to get up to take him to the hospital and then pick him up later. I figured that in between I'd get some baking done. I felt like I was going to be pressed for time as we're going to our daughter's on the 22nd but I'm feeling more confident that I'll get things done without having to scramble too much at the last minute.
    As for the game last night - it was very good but unfortunately my Ticats did not manage to pull off the upset and win even though they game was played on their home field but they didn't make it easy for their opponent. They came within a play or two of winning but it was not to be. Very heartbreaking for the team, organization and all the fans who were there to support them.
    Have a good evening everyone!
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @BookienJ,,,, CONGRATS on older D and honors band!! Music, is the BEST!! That's so cool by your example you showed them, being in shape is something anyone of any age can do.
    This cracks me up so MUCH!! But, yeah. TRUE!!
    xpen3vuqd5ul.jpg
    OH AWESOME the book picked up towards the end!! Love those surprises!
    @Retired_Sue ,,, Sounds like yesterday was extremely busy, but productive!! SO SORRY about the Ticats!! Sounds like they're a very excellent team. LOVE a close game, though a win is fun, it's also just really nice to see 2 teams that want the win give it there all. Nice!!
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,647 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

For those wondering where I live I am in Southeastern Ontario across from Detroit.

Yesterday was a busy day. Made and decorated gingerbread cookies with family and celebrated my Mom and Son's birthdays. Today took Mom for her eye appointment. That was supposed to be an easy simple visit. Well plans went out window. Mom fell getting into her wheelchair and ended up on the floor. We had an ambulance called as she is a large women and I can't lift her. Our area is in code black for paramedics. Which means there just isn't enough to cover the calls as they can't work if not vaccinated. So we were informed that it was going to be an hour wait. Next they called and said another hour. As Mom was getting cold and more sore. She asked for me to call my brother and see where he was working. Let's just say it took my brother 40 minutes to arrange help to come with him and get there. We got her up and the ambulance still was not on the way even with us as the next call so we cancelled it. She is sore in many places but ok.
  • LindieMaeP
    Options
    @CSEGUIN2 I hope your mom is going to be ok, there seems to be a shortage of Emergency Response folks all over Canada, we have that issue in BC too. Glad your brother was able to arrange assistance since the ambulance could not come for a while. Now it is interesting that you live across from DETROIT as I was born in that area across from Detroit and grew up in Southern Ontario in Harrow - thinking you know that lil town. I lived in Windsor when my kids were little, in the projects, well city housing and that housing was pretty good compared to what some folks are living in today. Anyway, I hope the rest of your day went well.
  • Retired_Sue
    Options
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - Thanks - very tough as I mentioned for the players but it was a good close game.

@CSEGUIN2 - Hubby's parents both grew up in Windsor and his aunt and uncle (his father's younger sister) still live there. Haven't been there in years. That's terrible that it takes so long to get an ambulance. Glad that your brother could help and I hope that you mom will soon feel better.