Buzz Around the Airport Lounge - Chat

Options

Replies

• Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,109 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    @SusanM18MFP ,, if you are bored cleaning at your place, HEY how many would like Susan to help you? :smiley: Hehehe!! Hey seriously GOOD JOB!!! My place is so clean at the moment, I am not sure of what I could clean if I wanted to thankfully I DO NOT WANT TO!! LOL!!! The 70's are NICE. ENJOY!!! We're in the 30s, and 20s at night, but SIGH STILL NO SNOW!!!
    @Jadepearl,,, Oh please be super safe with the fires. When I moved from Maine to Colorado (2012) CO was having trouble with many fires. I went get insurance on my stuff,,the agent told me "If you brought anything of value here, SEND IT BACK!! If you want keep pictures have them copied, keep the copies and SEND THE ORINGALS BACK TO MAINE." So I hope you can be safe. Fire is so scary. YO on being so warm!! We have horseflies, they're so BIG and HURT when they bite and they DO BITE A LOT!! They're non poisonous though still they ARE SO BIG we sell tickets to tourists "For a RIDE on a MAINE HORSEFLY It'll go ANY PLACE you wish!" ALMOST as much fun as selling "elevator" tickets in HS, there was NO elevator and the horseflies though VERY Big no one can ride them.
    @Macrat12,, WAVING Sarah!! NICE JOB!
    @Lavalily,, OH WOW!! WOW!! WOW!! That sounds so GORGEOUS!! Such a terrific spot indeed. You are so fortunate.
    @Walla_walla ,,, Awww dogs and fleas,,,, things that do and yet don't go together.
    @Bookienj,,, COOL that you found it at Whole Foods, ours is in the city across the harbor that's easy enough to do. However it's located in a mix neighborhood. There's a large homeless shelter there, so the police are always there. But many high end condo's/high rises are being built there, so it's a hard area to be in. Its rare I go. They're going to build a new homeless shelter out of that area (money talks of course) a shelter is being built in an area that's on the outer edge of that city. At that point I won't be as weary, but I do easily have my needs/wants met at my backdoor to say. LOVE cranberry sauce!! I just do. I so BADLY want snow. LOL ANY SNOW!
    @CSEGUIN2 ,,, Boots are indeed more of a workout though. Hmmm wonder how many extra calories we burn wearing them? Awww Puppy WOOHOO to a productive day!!
    @Jacquelynlewis ,, HI Jacquelyn!! Hey WELCOME BACK to the "We aren't Sparks now, but we sure are a GREAT SUPPORT and SUCCESS here on MFP!" team!! SO HAPPY you saw the post!!! You've been through so much!! Small changes will make and are making such a difference. I started at 288, lost down to 174, got a bone infection that lasted 18 months (til they finally amputated my big toe which is where it was) ,, my weight had gone back up to 212 due to inactivity and yes, depression. Today years later at 177-178. WTG on that 20 GONE!! We are delighted to have you with us!! CONGRATS on being a cancer survivor!! Did you pick a team?
    @EVERYONE DID YOU ALL Pick a team? Anyone needing help or have any questions?

Today I had a friend over after an AM Meeting with our congregation on ZOOM. Very few Congregations of our faith have had live meetings, and likely those will stop very fast with the new variant coming around. PL2ru9in2va27m.gif
    EASE ALL OF YOU STAY VERY SAFE!!! My friend and I watched the Pats VS the Titans,, hehehehe oh did we WIN!! 36 to 13. EASY Game!! This friend and I before COVID where around each other A LOT but usually in a bunch of other friends. It was so neat today we are both going through so much, some the same other stuff differently, but we were able to encourage each other, help each other,,, oh we had pizza, thankfully the chocolate cake and ice cream did NOT come out/over!! WOOHOO!!! So I'll do well with my health today!! YEAH YEAH YEAH!!! YEAH!!! Let's have a GREAT Evening!!
    On the Positively Strong for Life we've been having fun on a team feed of dancing, falling, weebles (remember those?) so my last post I'll share with you in regards to when dancing isn't always safe. LOL ALWAYS KNOW OUR LIMITS and well I am NOT a dancer so this would EASILY happen to me. I have 3 left feet!

• SusanM18MFP
    SusanM18MFP Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    Hello 5% Challengers! Church this AM and then did my outside decorating. Made a grocery list while eating lunch, so I'm off to the store in a few minutes. Grocery shopping is one of my least favorite activities, but it needs to be done.

@Dianedoessmiles1 I think I said it was quiet, not boring. Not to worry though, there is plenty of cleaning I could do around here. Always is with two dogs dropping fur 24/7!

Have a good Sunday evening.
  • NovemberGail
    NovemberGail Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    I'm amazed at how much has been posted, and after catching up, I have learned a lot!!! Cranberry shortage (darn); there is snow in Hawaii on the main island (magical); Omicron is on the way (oh no);
    Aussies like American accents (and we love yours); rain in Maine (and also falls on the plain); and the new Christmas hit: Fleas Navidog! 🤣

fh5ob44r82r8.jpg
  • Catwmncat
    Catwmncat Posts: 6,791 Member
    Options
    @Dianedoessmiles1 I have 4 left feet... but then again I'm CAT!
    @SusanM18MFP I'll shop for you, if you clean for me!
    @NovemberGail You are hilarious!
  • bevpresley1
    bevpresley1 Posts: 5,298 Member
    Options
    Today started out cold and cloudy, so we slept in. Got our morning walk in just before lunch, but got it in. Made turkey cordon bleu empanadas from leftovers for lunch, they were pretty good, but all the dough is gone now. Gonna get some coconut flour and make some keto dough and give it a try. Vacuumed and did laundry after lunch and got another quilt top put together while the laundry was going, Did my afternoon walk and chatted with a neighbor before dark. It gets dark so early these days.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @SusanM18MFP ,,I actually LOVE Grocery shopping, that's a little odd but I do. With that being said I am seriously considering for at least a few months doing either the delivery or the Pick up. I so easily get colds, flu's and do not want covid though I am fully vaccinated/ and booster too. I am fighting a cold, I went into the grocery store yesterday.
    @Novembergail ,, sometimes its hard to catch up, but just do what we can, because its a HUGE THRILL For us as OAL to see the chat super busy with such a wide variety of discussions!! WOW WE ARE SO HAPPY!! TY TY TY to each of you!!
    @Catwmncat,,, LOLOLOL HAHAHA ANd so you DO!! LOLOL Izzy understands. Today she was so SPOILED by my company that she's been sleeping since!
    @bevpresley1 ,, WOW!! SUPER WOW!! Great productive day!! WTG!!
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,223 Member
    Options
    It's 41 feels like 36 with a high of 64 for today. Axe Sharpening: Life is all about perspective and it's never too late to adjust yours.~~Hanah Jones 1st Phorm Elite Athlete Happy Cyber Monday!!!! Fitness quote for today: "I will not let age change me. I will change the way I age.~~~unknown Motivational quote for today: When you accept that you're exactly where you're supposed to be in this moment and that you have all that you need, miracles happen.~~~unknown Closed all rings on my Active 4 and had 13,201 steps yesterday. Today's training plan is 7 min AMRAP X 2 at home after dinner.
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,628 Member
    Options
    @jadepearl-buffets are probably the same. Pick up a plate and get what you want-as much as you want? This was “catered” at a hotel for over 350 people so I don’t even think to go for 2nds. My fall/spring step goal is around 15,000. When the heat is really bad or winter weather is happening, I make it closer to 10,000. I don’t want to slip outside.
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,628 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! Just came back from spin class. Today was first day back after Thanksgiving break. My daughter was in the thanksgiving day parade and now jazz band starts tomorrow. My other daughter will be performing in the nutcracker suite in a few weeks. Hoping the variant behaves itself
    @JacquelynLewis1-great goals !
  • TEXASTITCHER
    TEXASTITCHER Posts: 6,308 Member
    Options
    Everyone be careful as you are moving around. I was walking through the house and tripped. Not much happened, but I think I bruised a rib - it hurts to breath deep or do any strenuous exercise. But it is getting better.
  • kaliswalker
    kaliswalker Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    I haven't weighed myself for a few days, but suspect the scale will make me unhappy... But today is a new day - breakfast 1/2 cup of blueberries, 1 pickled egg, a small almond milk/cherry smoothie. Lunch will be shrimp and cantaloupe. Dinner salad, turkey, dressing, gravy, mixed veggies.

Oops... I had a longer reply that vanished! So this will be short and sweet.

Dianedoessmiles1 I just looked at a map of Maine and Canada. I think you are further north than I am in Vancouver Canada. Is it easy to drive into Canada from where you live?

I am going through my towels and linens to today to find donations for the flood victims here. Sadly there was more rain last night, and a monster rain is expected Tuesday night.

JacquelynLewis1 Glad you joined us!

cormierannie Hi to your daughter!

It's not that I feel humbug... but I don't have any desire to go Christmas shopping. I did buy my daughter a beautiful purse she wanted... but waited till Black Friday to get a better price.

• LindieMaeP
    LindieMaeP Posts: 4,426 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, hope you all are doing well this Magnificent Monday, if not turn it around and MAKE it magnificent - you CAN ! I know I have been busy all morning and no exercise so I gotta get busy after dinner though as it is mostly riding the recombend in the living room. In my imagination I ride all over the world LOL
    My cousins in Northern England have had to cancel some travel plans due to the new variant that is leaking out - sadly - they only got to Paris so far this year and a few concerts... I am trying real hard not to be sarcastic about their disappointment in having to cancel more travel plans, but ... well ... I am trying !!
    Yes another atmospheric river is headed our way, but the flooding in the valley is coming from Washington's river that over flows into Canada - so they are worried about that. I have an associate who's father was part of engineering design for the various levi's that were build around Canada and none of them took into consideration what they call 100 years of something or another. The levi's in Abottsford should have been higher, why the government at the time did not do higher is beyond me. Anyway now the aftermath.
    @kaliswalker well done in donating for the flood victoms, they will need many many things - I have very little I can donate as far as bedding and towels are as I had already donated to a needy family in the summer. The Provincial and Federal governments are matching the red cross donations, or so I read.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 so the Pats won eh ... I woulda had the cake and ice cream - and then dance and twirl LOL
    Well the roast chicken I was doing is ready to be put away - I'll slice it up and the breast meat is going to be used for sandwiches. Have a magnificent day !!
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,647 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

For anyone wondering I have a beautiful Rottweiler.adgahb03zc22.jpg

Today has been great even with the slip on the ice during my walk. It's been sunny and not to cold. Finally had my last filling today. No more dentist unless there's an issue before my next cleaning. Struggled this week so not sure about the scale. But will accept whatever it is. I know it can be a little more up and down when I am so close to my goal.
  • NovemberGail
    NovemberGail Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    @Texastitcher and @csequin2 -- take care with those falls. I heard that apple cider vinegar in water helps with bruising. You might want to check it out. @csequin2: Your Rottweiler is beautiful. Such sweet eyes and great coloring,

Tomorrow I have to drive out early to see the doctor to get my stitches out. I am so ready. Something tells me that without those knots hanging out of my palms, stitch removal will ease the discomfort. Well, I will find out soon.

The cartoon is a holiday reminder to watch portion control. It is so hard to say no to good food.

uhre4p0vwj67.jpg
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    Options
    @JacquelynLewis1 - Hi there and a warm welcome! Congrats on your 20lbs loss! KUTGW!

@Dianedoessmiles1 - Thank you and we will <3 We are thankful that we live near the city, so we seldom get bushfires.
    However, when there's bushfires in the hills or in the bush, we will get the smoke and sometimes, it gets really bad. lol on the horseflies. Glad to hear that you had a great time with your friend and your team won! Great job on not eating the ice-cream or chocolate cake. I think I will have both...warm the chocolate cake, squeeze lots of chocolate syrup on the cake and 1 scoop of ice-cream on top and more chocolate syrup..lol.

@NovemberGail & @wallahalla - Love those pictures..lol.

@NovemberGail - Hope the stiches removal went well and your palms feel comfy again.

@bevpresley1 - Good luck with the keto dough! Hope it taste fab! We are opposite of you...even though it 8pm, it still so bright.

@bookieNJ - A lot of people waste food at the buffet. One place eventually starting charging the customers for wastage. I love spinning classes but with my vertigo, its a bit hard. Wouldn't want to do the Froster exercise in front of everyone..lol. Your daughters are so talented. You must be so proud.

@TEXASTITCHER - Sending over quick healing vibes! Take care!

@kaliswalker - I weighed and found out that I have put on weight :( For this year, everyone agreed that we don't need to buy gifts..just gathering (which means food and more food...lol) with family and love ones will be the theme.

@LindieMaeP - Yes, we too have been warn about the new new variant too. Is it the Omicron variant? Borders are getting shut again, international travels interrupted again, etc. Not sure what's going to happen next. Stay safe!

@CSEGUIN2 - Aww. so cute <3

Tomorrow will be officially 1st day of Summer for us. Its hot today...32°C / 90°F and we have to on our A/C for the shop. I rather have cold weather 365 days :) Am back onto my wagon and hopefully this coming weigh-in, I will see some weight loss.

Have a wonderful Tuesday and stay safe <3

• SusanM18MFP
    SusanM18MFP Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    @CSEGUIN2 Your fur baby looks like a sweetie!

@TEXASTITCHER Hope you are feeling better soon.

@NovemberGail You always find such funny things to post! You and @Walla_walla keep us laughing! Hope stitch removal goes well.

I made split pea soup tonight. It was yummy. It's the only way you can get me to eat peas and is my grandmother's recipe. Excellent source of fiber. I put two containers in the freezer and still have more soup left for lunches later this week.

Like everyone, I'm working on getting past the holiday binge meal and making much better choices. Have a good evening.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @macrat12 ,, GOOO SARAH!! WOOHOO!! Nice job
    @Jadepearl ,, LOLOL OOPS On the cake and ice cream, but it's a LIFESTYLE not a "DIE" t. Just that word alone brings DREAD!! "DIE" ting. No more joy, it kiils our fun of eating, but lifestyle, moderation. Oh we LOVE THAT!! WOOHOO!!! GLad you are near the city so the fires aren't to much, though yes with the smoke. I have a dear friend in CA and YO when the fires are wild they can't open the windows and often they are told unless it's an actual emergency to stay inside. Hehehehe on the horseflies indeed. BUT THEY DO BITE and it HURTS SO BAD!! Almost as bad as a wasp sting.
    @Texastitcher,, OUCH!! OUCH!! OUCH!! Joann please be careful until it heals enough. If any exercise so slightly, but yeah. RIbs sure can hurt!! Today we had ice in the driveway!! I'll have to soon find my ice grips to wear outside. We did have a slight tiny bit of snow.

LOOK REALLY CAREFULLY to see it. LOL
    tvdnsub3oy0g.jpg
    @Kaliswalker,,, LOL I got curious than I laughed cause I KNEW the answer!! LOL Since I live in the Southern end of Maine (A brother lives in Northern Maine, he's 2 hours closer to Canada, I am 3 hours and 46 mins from entering Canada headed towards Quebec. I've been to Montreal a few times,, such a NEAT CITY or was when I last went, but that in the 90s) if I were to travel as straight as I can, I'd end up in Oregon,,, around the area named after a city I know well in Maine,, Portland!! I grew up in Portland, but no longer live there, though I am in the Greater Portland area. Both Portland's have a lot in common of course. Lifestyle this is, there will always be times we eat more than another time,, that weight I find goes off in 3 or 4 days as long as I go back to my normal eating. WOOHOO to that, and if I don't, ehhhh it goes back soon enough. Lynn you've achieved so MUCH with weight loss!! WTG!! I sure hope that @Lindiemaep and others who live in Vancouver including of course YOU TOO are safe!! I am sure the linens and towels will be so appreciated. With the new variant, I wonder if more will decide to err on the side of caution. I know where I live since there are so many of us, we are already on our own, deciding small groups if any.
    @Lindiemaep ,,, LOL Love the in my imagination traveling while using your recumbent bike!! I do my reading while I am on mine. I SHOULD be on it more!!! We figured with the variant likely in the US, just not yet really know by tests, today to go out and get what we could and we DID!! APPARENTLY on top of the holiday gauging by the carts we saw, and the clientele we saw many older ones are doing the same thing!! I did NOT see any of them hoarding, which is great. But buying stuff to cook and make last. We were after spices in one place, and of course we hit the grocery store. So very likely I'll either do pick up or delivery soon. My poor body is already acting up with so much, I don't need/want to put it through more. A close friends Mom has covid (She lives alone she NEVER leaves her house and only 2 people ever go over, so it was either through one of them, and it's very doubtful ,,, she got it. But delivery people are always stopping by, she probably talks to ALL of them if they want to or not. Its very likely at this point she'll not pull through. I've known this family for almost 45 years. Last year my friends brother died, not from COVID. I feel so bad for her. Please do err on the side of caution all. LOL I LOVE of course that the Pats won!! WOOHOO!! Hey have FUN with the chicken!!
    @CSEGUIN2 ,, Awww what a sweet faced rottie!! Awwww Awwww Awww looks to be a very intelligent dog (SO HARD TO NOT PUT DAWG! LOL Long time habits can be hard to break!). Hope you are okay with the slip on ice? Ohhh those last few lbs are UNREAL to get off. AARRGGHH, but still, one can do it if they really want to. Hey WTG On being so close!! WOOHOO!!
    @Novembergail,, It'll be GREAT to have the stitches out!! Does that mean you'll be doing dishes again? Or have you been? LOLOL If not having to do dishes Id ask if the stitches could remain for a little bit longer. OR FOR LIFE!! LOLOL I'm sure once they're out you'll feel that relief of the no pull. I always LOVE stitch comes out day!! HAHAHAHA On your cartoon!! I had 2 gold fish, I'd had them for quite sometime. I also have a VERY ANNOYING Sister in Law. VERY ANNOYING!! I was young. She KEPT insisting I NAME THEM!! Now I totally enjoyed them, and I took very good care of them. But I didn't wish to NAME FISH. So I got really mad and looked at my SIL and said "FINE!! THAT ONE IS DEAD!! THAT ONE IS SOON TO BE DEAD!!" Hehehehehe after that she no longer put me through any of her "ideas" and stuff. The LOOK On her face was PURE HORROR, and of course after she laughed I laughed so hard for the night!! I lived across from my Grandmother (it was my first place of my own) so I visited her after work. LOL She kitty cat for my first cat Angie daily. They both enjoyed it. ANd when I got "home" from work,I'd run over there. She usually fixed my supper and she had a Nintendo so we'd play Miss Pacman. I had told her about what my SIL had said, and how I responded. Oh my family knows especially when I was young and until I learned to control it I had QUITE THE TEMPER!! Well Grammy was ALWAYS on my side so we laughed and laughed. I collected my cat, Angie and went home. Walked in and saw that DEAD UP BELLY UP!! It was my SIL FAULT for making me NAME THEM!! Though I was very sad, I was also laughing because I had them as said for quite awhile. SO I went across the street to tell Grammy who was sympathetic , though she too was laughing. IRONIC!! I left went back home. The next day to work, back home,, and GRRRR SOON TO BE DEAD WAS DEAD!! Grrr well we KNOW I REALLY BLAMED the SIL that much more. I knew I'd miss them, but it wasn't like losing a cat, it wasn't that deep. It was a Tuesday night, and I had a meeting to go to. After the meeting I was telling those there about what happened. They were TRYING to be sympathetic as Gram had done, but even I was having a slight hard time keeping a straight face,, come on it's so strange!! So decided we'd go out to eat "in honor of Diane being in "mourning" we don't want her alone." Yes they too have a sense of humor. So we went to McDonalds. We sat down, and the last person to get her meal is a flighty, kinda odd person.

She opened her sandwich and MUCH TO EVERYONE's HORROR Gloria got a FILET FISH SANDWICH!!

OH MY OH MY!! When RoseMarie said "WHAT DO YOU HAVE!!??" Gloria responded with ZERO clue about the fish sandwich "A fish Sandwich."

RoseMarie said INDIGLY "HOW COULD YOU EAT THAT!! WE ARE HERE BECAUSE OF DEAD FISH!!"

Well the rest of us totally lost it in a very loud bunch of laughter.

Gloria never understood. Now ALL these years later, this story makes us laugh just as hard as it did back at that time. All of this is 100% true Life is stranger than Fiction. Hope you enjoyed reading this! LOL I'll blog this cause yeah may make others smile. With so much in life going stranger and stranger, laughter helps.

@SusanM18MFP ,, I LOVE Pea soup, ,, same thing as with you,, It HAS to be my Moms (likely from my Gram) recipe or NOT AT ALL!! Do you have Johnny cake with it? ONLY way I'll eat it.
  • Ceriusly1
    Ceriusly1 Posts: 5,749 Member
    Options
    I made split pea soup tonight. It was yummy. It's the only way you can get me to eat peas and is my grandmother's recipe. Excellent source of fiber. I put two containers in the freezer and still have more soup left for lunches later this week.

@SusanM18MFP Recipe, please?
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,223 Member
    Options
    It's 37 with a high of 63 for today. Axe Sharpening: You must forever be a student to continue to learn and see results. When you feel as though you know it all, that is when you hit a plateau.~~~Ashton Hall 1st Phorm Athlete Happy Giving Tuesday!!! Fitness quote for today: The people who achieve their goals are simply the ones that refuse to give up and put in the work.~~~gymquotes.co Motivational quote for today: Be grateful for what life brings you today, and hopeful for what it will bring tomorrow.~~~unknown Closed all rings on my Active 4 and had 11,984 steps yesterday. Today's training plan at home after dinner is 20 min EMOM (5 Rounds).