TEAM: The Slimsons (January)

AB0215
AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
edited January 2022 in Social Groups
Welcome to the Challenge new and returning teammates!! This is the conversation/weigh in thread for your Team :) Keep on losing because our first weigh ins begin THIS Sunday! I am here for you should you need anything - simply message me or tag me by putting an '@' just before my username (NO SPACES) and I will get to you asap! ~ Ashley @AB0215.

Replies

• annacop1671
    annacop1671 Posts: 37 Member
    Hello,
    My name is Anna, I’m here for some motivation, to help motivate others, and to meet new people. Over the last couple of years, I’ve started a new job, and started college classes and I’m loving it, but I stopped taking care of my health. So I’m trying to find a balance between family, work and me time, and hopefully this challenge can be a part of that 😄
  • gjaholy33
    gjaholy33 Posts: 2,626 Member
    Hello,
    My name is Anna, I’m here for some motivation, to help motivate others, and to meet new people. Over the last couple of years, I’ve started a new job, and started college classes and I’m loving it, but I stopped taking care of my health. So I’m trying to find a balance between family, work and me time, and hopefully this challenge can be a part of that 😄

Welcome Anna, it's hard to find that wonderful balance but glad you're here taking that 1st step for you. Welcome once again to this group, looking forward to your posts this month Happy New Year 🎊
  • vicky2767
    vicky2767 Posts: 2,472 Member
    Hello,

Welcome
  • vicky2767
    @gjaholy33 Happy Happy Birthday
  • gjaholy33
    gjaholy33 Posts: 2,626 Member
    vicky2767 wrote: »
    @gjaholy33 Happy Happy Birthday

Thanks
  • SalluR
    SalluR Posts: 180 Member
    A VERY HAPPY B'DAY TO MY LOVELY FRIEND ... HAVE A BLESS DAY AND A GREAT NEW YEAR!! ❤ 😍 @gjaholy33
  • SalluR
    Hello,

Welcome to the group !
  • SalluR
    gjaholy33 wrote: »
    Welcome Team Slimsons - New and old members to January 2022🎉🎉🎉 Challenge!

MY INTRO

My name is Gloria, 43 yrs old, (today happy birthdayto me) been on this weight-loss journey since 2004. It's been a long uphill battle but I refuse to give up until I meet my long-time goal of 200lbs.

Over the past few years, I've been diagnosed with asthma which has overlapped into COPD ergo the oxygen continuously, gastroenteritis, events & hiatal hernia, acid reflux, pulmonary hypertension, osteoarthritis, sleep apnea, high blood pressure, chronic pain in the back and knees.

Current Weight: 470.2lbs
    79.9lbs and 55 inches lost overall so far.

Woo Hoo because of His Grace and guidance along the way I haven't weighed this low since June 2018 HALLELUJAH! THANK YOU JESUS!

Just goes to show you when you have God's Power as your strength acknowledge, your faults, and then start making one small change at a time.
    THE IMPOSSIBLE IS POSSIBLE!

My Plan for Success this month:
    • Surrendering to God in prayer morning & night
    • Abstaining from Fast & Junk Food (except scheduled days)
    • Guidance from my Bariatric Doctor & Personal Trainer
    • Intermittent Fasting Window (16:8, 18:6, 20:4)
    • Aquatics 3x a week when permitted
    • Interval workout 60mins 5x a wk
    • Follow current Whole Food Plant Base with 1600 calories, (Macros 65% Carbs, 15% Fat 20% Protein)
    • 5000 daily step count
    • Continue drinking lots of water 💧
    • Meditate at least 4x a week to center myself
    • Always find a way to prep my food for the week
    • Keep Zero calorie frozen popsicles on hand
    • Measure every month on the 28th
    • Weigh Every Thursday to Stay on Track
    • ENCOURAGE SELF EVERY DAY NOT TO GIVE UP & IF I FAIL; GET BACK UP DON'T STAY DOWN‼️
    ‼️USE THE CRISIS HOTLINE 800 273 8255 ‼️

If interested follow my progress at:
    https://youtube.com/user/gjaholy

Looking forward to reading everyone's post and knowing we will have a successful month. We're in this together 💪🏾❤ HAPPY NEW 🍾 🎆 !

Congratulations dear ! Love your determination. Keep goin ..
  • vicky2767
    Happy New Year everyone.
  • walk4today
    walk4today Posts: 1,195 Member
    @gjaholy33
    Happy Birthday Gloria! Hope you're feeling better soon. Congrats on your terrific weight loss. Keep on keepin' on!
  • tslose
    tslose Posts: 398 Member
    Looking forward to sliming down with Team Slimsons!
  • aknroberts
    aknroberts Posts: 102 Member
    Best wishes for 2022 to everyone
  • jpettigrew77
    jpettigrew77 Posts: 33 Member
    jpettigrew77
    Sunday we 1
    PW 233
    CW 234.5 :(
  • Bemybestby60
    Bemybestby60 Posts: 1,678 Member
    Happy New Year fellow Slimsons. Wishing everyone a healthy Happy 2022. I have been a Slimsons participant since July 2020. I do believe that is when I got serious about reclaiming my health. My goal was and continue to be losing weight along with exercise and eating right. It has been a slow process. My known (I found the courage to step on the scale) highest weight was 205 lbs on January 1, 2020. Yesterday 2 years later I am 180 lbs. Also, late last year my A1c was lowered out of the pre-diabetes range.
    Thanks Slimsons for all your motivational support. 👏 Applaud to you all because you do make a difference in my journey to a better healthier version of myself.
  • vicky2767
    Happy New Year fellow Slimsons. Wishing everyone a healthy Happy 2022. I have been a Slimsons participant since July 2020. I do believe that is when I got serious about reclaiming my health. My goal was and continue to be losing weight along with exercise and eating right. It has been a slow process. My known (I found the courage to step on the scale) highest weight was 205 lbs on January 1, 2020. Yesterday 2 years later I am 180 lbs. Also, late last year my A1c was lowered out of the pre-diabetes range.
    Thanks Slimsons for all your motivational support. 👏 Applaud to you all because you do make a difference in my journey to a better healthier version of myself.

Fantastic
  • Robandy12345
    Robandy12345 Posts: 265 Member
    Robandy12345
    Sunday
  • AB0215
    WMEJA wrote: »
    WMEJA
    SUNDAY WEIGH IN
    PW:207
    CW:207
  • AB0215
    ABOUT THE CHALLENGES & REQUIRED WEIGHT POSTINGS

We are going to be running a (Optional) Mini-Accountability Challenge (Optional)

First and foremost is that participation in this challenge is optional. It's up to you as to whether you want to try this. I definitely encourage participation for a couple reasons, one of the being it helps to keep your goals in focus daily but also it's motivating to see others working on the same things and having the same struggles too. It's defintely a reminder that we're not alone and we are a team!

The Daily Posts Challenge is based on another challenge on MFP called UAC (Ultimate Accountability Challenge). The way UAC works is that the aim is to follow 5 basic rules.

#1. Track EVERYTHING you eat that has calories.
    #2. Stay inside your allocated daily budget. (you set your own budget)
    #3. Try to do at least 20 minutes of activity a day (anything: walk, run, cycle, swim, gardening, housework, yoga, gym, etc.. As long as it gets you active and off the couch)
    #4. Check in daily (tracking yes/no, calories yes/no, exercise yes/no).

****End of the week. those who have managed to keep to plan for 6 out of 7 days are recognized in the thread as being part of the weekly "Winners Circle".

It works on an honor system. Being honest with yourself and others is a key to making things work. Remember, this is a judgement free zone, everyone has good days and bad days, but the way to get to the finish line is by being honest and when we have a bad day, picking ourselves up and carrying on the next day!

Consistency and new habits have been shown the only long term successful way to change weight. We all want the progress made here to last a lifetime.

Your posts should look like this:
    Daily Post (Sunday)

Track: Yes/no
    Calories: Yes/no (were you under)
    Exercise: Yes/no (what type and how long)
    Goals/Day/Comments: (Tell us a brief description about your how your day went or your goals for the day)

Please post your weight on your scheduled weigh in day, as if you miss weigh-ins, you may be eliminated from the challenge and we don't want to see that happen!!

Your posts should look like this:
    AB0215
    Week 1
    PW =(previous weight)
    CW=(current weight)

Please, please setup your posts in that format as it really makes it much easier for us to track your progress for the challenges and the weight loss!!

We'd like to help you be as successful as possible and if we can help in any way, please let us know. Also, if you have any suggestions for the team or fun ideas to spice things up a bit, please feel free to share them, we look for new ways to help engagement and keep people motivated!!

Welcome to the Challenge!!
This discussion has been closed.