Buzz Around the Airport Lounge - Chat

Replies

• macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,086 Member
    It's 22 feels like 16 at 3:30PM but started out in the feels like single digits. Axe Sharpening: We've got one life, friends. Take care of yourself even when you don't feel like it needs to be a priority.~~Hanah Jones 1st Phorm Elite Athlete Happy National Motivation and Inspiration Day!!!! Fitness quote for today: The Competition is against the little voice inside you that wants you to quit.~~~~healthyfithappy93 Motivational quote for today: When your thoughts overwhelm you, remind them of who's in charge.~~~unknown Closed all rings on my Active 4 and had 15,828 steps yesterday.
  • macrat12
    @SparkRefugee you are a member of Mission Slimpossible i sent your invite on Friday but can try to resend or better yet I'll send you a friend request then I can send you the link directly.
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,452 Member
    @Dianedoessmiles1 -well I did get some reading done but nothing finished. Working on “sooley” by John Grisham and some Amish fiction. Hoping to plan what books I want to read for which book challenge prompt-trying to read stuff I own to helping them overflowing bookshelf
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,452 Member
    @Dianedoessmiles1 aw that’s nice you were trying to lose to make someone’s day!
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,660 Member
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today has been a good day. Got to shovel some snow! So happy that it's beautiful and white. Got some marching done as well as started my 2022 Christmas craft gifts. Didn't end up working as I never received a call from my client. Most likely tomorrow but we will see. Maybe he decided to do it himself.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 11,732 Member
    @marg750me,,, May the year of 22 be a GREAT one for you!! WOOHOO WELCOME to the 5% challenge!
    @SparkRefugee ,, ENJOY THE PS4L TEAM!! Happy to have you with us!!
    @Patti241 SMILING!! Also welcome to the PS4L team!! WOOHOO!!
    @Thurslins ,, Do you like the way it works? I used a friends, it took me awhile, but I LOVED IT!! I want one so soon I may get one!! They are also just FUN to play with!! I WISH my place did NOT have rugs. LOL but than I wanted one anyways, so yeah,, kinda my own fault! LOL! But it's BLUE and it goes so WELL with looking out at the harbor.
    @Retired_Sue ,, do you do exercises for your wrists? Here are a bunch on youtube, the ones where they are flexing their wrists are the ones I was taught. I cashiered for 9 years and NEVER had any wrist issues. KINDA COOL to do so much work and not hurt. I was also a supervisor so I'd go up and down the line every hour and have each cashier do some flexing. On our shift we had NO ONE OUT for wrist injuries. The customers also LOVED how much we took care of our workers. They always said so and wanted to wait that extra 15 to 20 seconds. I'd also have the baggers do these too. WE all KNOW I am on the computer A LOT between MFP and a heart group. These exercises help me so much to this day to be healthy with my typing.
    Sue the shorter ones,,, I'd go with the ones of 3 or less minutes. Time wise yes, and to not over do them.
    https://youtube.com/results?search_query=cashier+wrist+exercises
    Also @Retired_Sue , LOVE being thankful!! If I feel at all in a FUNK, being grateful (for me in prayer, but everyone is different) helps to raise me right back UP! We can only feel one emotion at a moment, so if I lift ourselves up,, YEAH!!! NOT that life is always 100% fun, it's not, but this sure does bring a smile to our hearts.
    @DLBEASYRIDER ,, YEAH to being stronger and our challenge!! GOO @EVERYONE!
    @wallahalla LOLOL GIGGLE GIGGLE!
    @Bookienj,,, Nice on the books!! I read pretty much fiction and non fiction. As long as it's without violence (or not described) and a few other things I am GOOD TO GO!!! It was neat I stopped by this afternoon (With my mask ON!) to say hi to the "girls" the ones who sit on the 2nd floor here (55 plus) LOL I think I am the youngest of us, though someone new has moved in she may be,,, one of the newer one was helping the others to get books on tape. That'll be such a help to those who aren't good with phones to still be able to enjoy reading. SWEET!!! Love making others day better. Don't we all.
    @Cseguin2 ,, hey NICE that you had the day off!! WOOHOO on the SNOW!!! Ours is melting cause grrrrr it got up in the 40's today. Now that's just NOT FAIR because tomorrow at 8 AM it'll be only 14, but feel like 7. WHERE'S THE JUSTICE IN THAT I ASK??? 😒😒❄❄❄❄❄❄ Awwwwwww Hope things work for work tomorrow.

Well I MAY of broken my foot. I did go to Urgent Care, but it's a 50/50 shoot if they'll find them. If I did break it, it'll be a stress fracture, so tomorrow AM I'll get up and call my foot Dr. Meantime ICE helps me out so much. IT is swollen, I am on and off nausea feeling,, and a small headache, but greater than my "all the time" one from the stent behind my left eye (I'll NEVER EVER EVER complain about the all the time headache, because the aneurysm was accidently found, the stent put in, I GET TO LIVE!! A TRUE GIFT!!) in the above happiness, ,, of being grateful this one is HIGH ON THE LIST! If foot is broken, I'll just switch things around. I can do stretches for exercise so I'll be able to support my team, while respecting my body. AND I'll get some other stuff done that I'd normally be out and about playing!! Its ALL in how you look at it.

Oh yeah,, "Look at it." My cataract surgery for tomorrow morning, POSTPONDED. SIGH someone went in answered all the COVID questions right but they DID have it, since the staff was notified almost immediately . So now onto the 10th for 1 eye, and we'll go from there. I had the first of drops almost done too! Nothing I can do but accept this.
    PLEASE STAY HEALTHY ALL!!
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,331 Member
    Happy Sunday everyone! It was a pretty quiet day here today. I did mile 2 from the Leslie sansone mega miles DVD. I danced to some music videos from the 1980's. Have a great night, everyone! Take care and stay safe.
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 3,983 Member
    Good morning everyone.
  • hicim705
    hicim705 Posts: 5,021 Member
    ...Well I MAY of broken my foot. I did go to Urgent Care, but it's a 50/50 shoot if they'll find them. If I did break it, it'll be a stress fracture, so tomorrow AM I'll get up and call my foot Dr. Meantime ICE helps me out so much. IT is swollen, I am on and off nausea feeling,, and a small headache, but greater than my "all the time" one from the stent behind my left eye (I'll NEVER EVER EVER complain about the all the time headache, because the aneurysm was accidently found, the stent put in, I GET TO LIVE!! A TRUE GIFT!!) in the above happiness, ,, of being grateful this one is HIGH ON THE LIST! If foot is broken, I'll just switch things around. I can do stretches for exercise so I'll be able to support my team, while respecting my body. AND I'll get some other stuff done that I'd normally be out and about playing!! Its ALL in how you look at it.

Oh yeah,, "Look at it." My cataract surgery for tomorrow morning, POSTPONDED. SIGH someone went in answered all the COVID questions right but they DID have it, since the staff was notified almost immediately . So now onto the 10th for 1 eye, and we'll go from there. I had the first of drops almost done too! Nothing I can do but accept this.
    PLEASE STAY HEALTHY ALL!!

OMG, Diane - sorry about the broken foot (or possibly broken foot). If you have the 'nausea' feeling, I would say it may be broken - I remember that when I broke my finger years and years ago. There ARE things that you can do with a broken foot - ST exercises and ... they may give you one of those 'boots' and after some rest, you may be able to comfortably walk. Sorry also to hear that your cataract surgery was postponed, but with the foot-thing, it may not be a bad turn of events. Although very, VERY important to have the cataract surgery, it is also important for you to be able to walk into the office (at the very least - hobble into the office). SO - sometimes things happen for a reason. Take care of yourself!
  • macrat12
    It's 19 feels like 13 with a high of 43 for today. Axe Sharpening: Until you can manage time, you will not be able to manage anything else including your health and wellness.~~~Jeremy Mullins Director of the My TransPHORMation Challenge and Registered Dietitian Happy National Chocolate Covered Cherry Day!!!! Fitness quote for today: Attempt the impossible Every time you go into the gym.~~~~gymquotes.co Motivational quote for today: Stay connected to those who bring out the best in you.~~~~unknown Closed all rings on my Active 4 and had 14,678 steps yesterday. Today's training plan: Strength (Week 2/6) Back Squats then 3000 meter row to finish up. Finally getting my Covid Booster Shot this morning after my workout and after I stop to get a coffee for one of the girls I work with.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    @Kaliswalker ,,, HAHAHAHAHA I laughed to hard at this!!! I've been in calorie range. I've set up to joining the many who are now eating when they are hungry, and finding other things to do when bored. WOOHOO not to have that added weight by BYE BYE!! WOOHOO
    @Cormierannie ,,, Hey great job!! LOVE that you are dancing instead of just listening to the 80 music!! Nice idea!
    @Patti241,, HI Patti!! We are hoping your day is the BEST!!! That if you are working it's enjoyable.
    @hicim705 ,,, Awwww Heidi!! TY TY TY!!! I have an appointment tomorrow morning to be seen. We'll find out if it is broken or not. Oh by now it's weird to say "its routine" enough since I've been through so much with these foolish feet. Chair exercises, if anyone is looking for a good workout inside, it may sound strange to hear some of them you can get a VERY HARD workout with. When my GD was 15 she came home from school. I was just finishing up a video of one. She laughed "OH that's so EASY!" I said "Really? Sit down and do it with me." She did, and LOL the 15 year old child was a sweating away. Afterwards she said "Oh okay THIS one is not as easy as I thought." I got 2 workouts that day, but more so, awwwww it was so cute watching her and hearing those words. Grandma isn't such a whimp, but she knew that. Anytime we deal with an injury, there are always options to moving around other parts of our bodies that are not hurt. Of course there are many times you first need to check with your Dr on what you can do. For me, this if it's broken is #6 and I've also had 23 foot surgeries so I know the things I can easily do. Love the support from you all. Heidi you are simply wonderful. Both as a co leader, but also as a dear dear friend. If anyone is new to the 5% real friendships do develop over time. ENJOY the challenge.
    @macrat12,, Ahhh Sarah it's cold indeed. Its now 2;30 PM (EDT) its 22 and feels like 12.
    @DLBEASYRIDER ,, Smiling is so AWESOME!! Its a sure way to pick oneself UP into a much better day.
    Over the weekend I've seen a few people as I've been out and about (Groc store, and bottle redemption) that just looked like they needed a break. There are small things we can do, to help out others. If you wish to feel good, do something small for others, and you'll feel amazing. I know the guy at the bottle redemption place was COLD today, so passed him a few dollars (I had taken someone there) for a hot coffee. The amazing look on his face,, WOW! You could see how much that meant. The few dollars wasn't anything to me, but to him,, someone cared and THANKED Him, that goes a longgg ways. Kindness, and smiles.
    @Retired_Sue,,, Oh yeah not using the weights will help. Not sure how much they weighed. I've seen a few 1/2 lb ones. I have mine here, and can use those while sitting down too. I have the 1 lb ones which I do fine with. Glad the wrist braces are helping you. Hoping more and more will be careful with the new virus. LOL That cartoon cracked me UP!!
  • macrat12
    @Dianedoessmiles1 at 3:15PM CDT it's 43 feels like 37 so warmer than yesterday but still cold.

Booster update got the shot at 11AM and just have a sore arm kinda like the first shot will try and update in the morning.
  • wallahalla
    wallahalla Posts: 1,781 Member
    axyiuqhzsfio.jpg
  • hicim705
    hicim705 Posts: 5,021 Member
    👋🏻Good Evening, Challengers & 🧨Happy New Year🥂!!

I've sent 📧invites📧 to my team and have sent multiple 📩MFP mails📩, but I have a few that have not yet joined the 🌶️Red Hot Chili Steppers🌶️ ... I'm looking for:

@Katynawn
    @skaniski26
    @LeniaSty
    @ExerciseRaider
    @korejel94
    @EjoyEvelyn
    @200Karen
    @francescopelandlucas

💡If any of you see this message, please check your notifications for your invite to the Red Hot Chili Steppers (RHCS) for the ❄️2022 Winter 5% Challenge❄️!

🙏Thank You🙏!
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    @macrat12 ,,, That is cold for you!! Right now it's almost 10 PM and it's 19 F, but feels like 6. LOL It'll get down to 12 and feel like 1. I have NO PLANS on going out tonight!! Hope your okay with the booster? I also only had a sore arm, it lasted a few days, but otherwise I did wonderful.
    @Cseguin2,, LOVE the photo!! Agree on the days the sun shines, it's a FEEL good thing, though and this is rather new for me, on cloudy days, it's okay too, to be inside, and still do things!! These become my cleaning frenzy days!! LOL WHY NOT??? I hope your client called tonight. That'd be hard.
    @Walla_walla OH MY HAHAHAHAHA OH MY HAHAHAHAHA!! Signed: THE CAT!
    @hicim705 Sent you a message. Let's please help Heidi out.
    Hey while we are at it, On the Positively Strong 4 Life team we are looking for the following members also:

@googs65
    @ChoosingToChange
    @Gaylevstheweight

If anyone is friends with these, please ask them to check their MFP email or write to me. THANKS ahead of time.
  • marg750me
    marg750me Posts: 2,809 Member
    Hi