I need an Emotional Eating support posse.

Replies

• pinkboomerang04
    pinkboomerang04 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi everyone, I’m kind of new to this platform but I also struggle with emotional eating and looking to connect with other people with similar issues.
    I would definitely like to lose a little bit of weight but the main thing is getting to a place where food is no longer a an emotional crutch for me. I’m thinking that using MFP to just document my food as non-judgementally as possible and become aware of where my weaknesses are.
  • djadamec
    djadamec Posts: 1 Member
    I'm kinda new here too but have been really struggling with my eating through the winter and need to have a healthier relationship with food.
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    edited May 2021
    I sometimes use the Notes section of my diary or my MFP blog as an "emotional" tool. The blog might be especially helpful as a journal. You can make it private so only you can see it.

Hope this helps!
  • stewykins43_
    stewykins43_ Posts: 58 Member
    PKM0515 wrote: »
    I sometimes use the Notes section of my diary or my MFP blog as an "emotional" tool.

I do this too! Especially on days that I'm having trouble pinpointing exactly what's wrong. I'll add a note of whatever I'm feeling and things that aren't going well in my life outside of the food and weightloss. It might take a day or two, but then I can identify what the trend is and handle the issue (usually)!
  • Be_theBest_Me
    Be_theBest_Me Posts: 768 Member
    Great advice y'all!!!
  • catgirl2289
    catgirl2289 Posts: 24 Member
    i definitely want to connect with others who struggle with emotional eating.
  • Be_theBest_Me
    i definitely want to connect with others who struggle with emotional eating.

Sent you a friend request!!! I struggle and have been winning lately!!!
  • Rdy4changes
    Rdy4changes Posts: 5 Member
    I’m in. Feel free to add me :) I have an open diary. Helps keep me more accountable. Plus, we are all human. We have good and bad days. I’m not ashamed. I’m a recovering compulsive over eater.
  • Be_theBest_Me
    I’m in. Feel free to add me :) I have an open diary. Helps keep me more accountable. Plus, we are all human. We have good and bad days. I’m not ashamed. I’m a recovering compulsive over eater.

We got this!!!!! Stay strong!!!!
  • candysashab88
    candysashab88 Posts: 71 Member
    Hi everyone. Im totally thrilled there is this group on here. IM trying to just feel my feelings and not eat my feelings.
  • Be_theBest_Me
    Lacey it is 100% time to eat to live instead of living to eat!! Hunger is normal. Eat when you are hungry stop before you are full. Just do it!!!
  • FitSeachely
    FitSeachely Posts: 74 Member
    My biggest issue with emotional eating is that I never feel full so if I don't measure my food an say Ok, you had enough food today, I will keep eating. When I'm tired, I just eat although I'm fully aware the food will not help me feel energized.
  • Be_theBest_Me
    My biggest issue with emotional eating is that I never feel full so if I don't measure my food an say Ok, you had enough food today, I will keep eating. When I'm tired, I just eat although I'm fully aware the food will not help me feel energized.

I do the same thing
  • erin_black_belt
    erin_black_belt Posts: 2 Member
    I join this group because my friend of mine is talking about my family past and she want me to work on and being harsh to me when she talks to me on my phone and I try to get something to eat because she is correcting me all the time.
  • lexabeep
    lexabeep Posts: 232 Member
    Anyone still looking for a group like this because I’m in. And need the same type of help
  • claudinne2
    claudinne2 Posts: 1 Member
    I'm also in! Been on MFP for ten years now. Lost 100 lbs, and found my way back to an all time high. I know this works, but would love the social and accountability with some friends. This time I am coordinating with a nutritionist for guidance.
  • Be_theBest_Me
    I could use some help to!! Maybe we should do some kind of daily or weekly check in.....I'm down for anything
  • porquenoirl
    porquenoirl Posts: 76 Member
    Me to please! I'm just back on here after a year's break. New profile because I'm making a break from the past. I was bullied out of a job I loved last year by a narc boss and while I've been healing from that, I've overly relied on food as a crutch. Please feel free to add me as a friend. I'm a lover of the water, I finally dusted off my kayak in Nov and met a cool group of women who are starting kayaking, so I'm keen to improve my health to enjoy that more.
  • lestrangenicole
    lestrangenicole Posts: 4 Member
    Me too, please! I just got some sort of badge for being on here since 2013...I may have created an account in 2013 but definitely haven't been "ON HERE", logging, participating, etc. except for the past week! I'd really like to get and give some support with other ladies who are working towards their health goals. It's been a rough couple years and I'm ready to get out of this funk! Please feel free to add me as a friend and I'll do the same. Having accountability really helps for me. Thanks ;)
  • mermaidnj
    mermaidnj Posts: 161 Member
    edited February 2022
    lost a hundred on here some years ago .. sadly it found me again.. been back at it since New Years and am trying to build a network of people who are active on logging in and and are ready to give and receive support and encouragement