WaistAways Team Chat JANUARY 2022

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,013 Member
    edited January 2022
    Sunday night here and the temps are heading down to Alberta-like deep freeze by Tuesday morning. Thanks, guys, you shouldn't have...

I snuck up on a deer in the woods today - I think it was seriously daydreaming or zoned out on a great snack or something. Never saw anything jump so high or fast once it finally heard me. Boing!!! I love my seriously old snowshoes because they are so quiet. No clacky bindings. I think I got them in 1982 or something, and they are indestructible. Small enough for my shortness, but super sturdy. I hope they never give out on me.

Sorry to say this, but here comes Monday. Are you ready?
    @Waifer003
    @DD265

And still due for today:
    @twdempsey
    @graceojo999

Let's build on a great week one - walk around those slip-ups!
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,119 Member
    twdempsey wrote: »
    When and where do I have to log my weekly weight by? Is weigh in Saturday or Sunday? I am sorry if I am late on this.
    Starting weight 198
    Current weight 194.6

Here you go @jugar - think it was hiding on you (I saw it when I was recording steps)

Brad and I tried snowshoeing today, lots of fun! The weather was much warmer in Bragg Creek closer to the mountains than it was here in Airdrie - bizarre but it was fun to get to warmer weather. As @kellie_erin said, things are looking up here!

Looks like steps are pretty up to date. Will get the report out tomorrow.

Go Bills!
  • MandiSaysHey
    MandiSaysHey Posts: 304 Member
    @DD265 I can sympathize with receiving candy as a gift. It's so hard when someone tries to do a kind gesture that actually makes it difficult to stick to your plan.

I was actually thinking about how to better decline offered treats at work (which is admittedly different than being personally gifted a treat for a birthday or holiday). I work in a large open office and people are always bringing in snacks and treats. I'm pretty open about my calorie counting and most people are super respectful about it. But a few people will sort of egg me on about trying something or make jokes about how cookie calories don't count or something. It makes me sometimes accept a treat out of trying to be polite but then internally I'm mad at myself because I don't want to spend the calories on that particular treat or at that time of day.
  • jugar
    Happy Monday!

Oh, the problem of gifted sweets and yummy offerings at work.

@DD265 For the gift, I suggest passing the joy along to someone else. I know it seems rude, but before they are even opened, you can be magnanimous and virtuous, and save yourself the agonies of rationing or giving in. Say you have developed an allergy to chocolate or something... or you're doing Sugarfree January :smiley: Heck, you could get famous by starting that trend to go along with the sober movement. Oh - well done on the tracking! It is a pain sometimes, but effective.

@MandiSaysHey maybe you could bring your own offering to share - sectioned clementines, grapes, sliced apples - things that are easy to grab and go. Nuts (in moderation!) veggies and hummus - there are lots of treats that cause less mayhem than cookies, muffins and the like. Tell them you're trying to cut down on gluten or sugar or something. It's worth it!

@twdempsey I'm glad @ashleycarole86 found your weigh-in! It got away from me. You just have to post it here in the team chat, and I enter it into the spreadsheet. You are a Sunday weigh-in but you can change that day if you want to. There is a good summary of how the team works on the first page of this chat, but feel free always to ask any questions. I'll try not to miss them next time!

@graceojo999 good for you, sticking with the keto. Try not to lose TOO fast, or it is easy to bounce back, and you need to be sure you get a good balance of veggies as well. Keep up the good work!

@micki48 Thinking of you - sending many hugs!
  • lonestarbabe
    lonestarbabe Posts: 44 Member
    1/9 Steps: 2099

I have miscalculated the turn-around I thought I had with overcoming Covid. There is no way I could have gotten on a treadmill yesterday, and I'll have to see about today. I'm so frustrated!! I had GOALS! I really didn't think Covid would last this long. I am back on track with my calories, so I feel good about that. I was surprised to see a weight loss last week, and that motivates me.

I love the recipe challenge for this week! I already see a couple of new recipes I'm going to have to try.
  • jugar
    I'm working from home again, not sure how long it'll last. I'm looking forward to this weekend - hubby is going to climb a mountain and I'm going to a friend's for wine night. I met this friend at the gym and I feel bad not going right now. Anyone else find it super difficult to make friends as an adult? I'm an introvert and I've lost touch with all my high school friends and most of my university ones...

Making friends and being a bit of a loner is hard for sure. Wine night can be 1 wine followed by 1 big glass of water (with maybe 1 repeat) - making a friend is important and this is a great way to do it, as long as it isn't sabotaging your efforts to be healthy. Meeting at the gym is a good indicator that health concerns will be taken seriously, though - enjoy your time! I have always had a hard time making friends beyond the superficial level at work and the like. The pandemic absolutely does not help. Keep open to whatever you can find, and even if some tentative starts fizzle out, at least you won't be stuck hiding. You will find a way, I hope!
  • lonestarbabe
    lonestarbabe Posts: 44 Member
    @jugar

I couldn't figure out how to message you, so I'm posting here. If I stay in this competition and don't sit out, will I hurt the team with my low step numbers? If so, I should be taken out for another week. I couldn't even get out of bed today. I was too ambitious thinking I could start getting the steps this soon. If the competition is just based on weight loss, I'd like to stay in. I'm doing well with that. I just don't want to be a liability to the group. Thank you!
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,052 Member
    @YinxFed @KellyBgetsfit ladies, I want to be YOU when I grow up! Such dedication to exercise. Love it!

Ha! Ha! I think the word you're looking for is *addiction* It has to be that because I regularly get my a** kicked by these YouTube fitness Queens. And I keep going back for more!

Yx
  • jugar
    @jugar

I couldn't figure out how to message you, so I'm posting here. If I stay in this competition and don't sit out, will I hurt the team with my low step numbers? If so, I should be taken out for another week. I couldn't even get out of bed today. I was too ambitious thinking I could start getting the steps this soon. If the competition is just based on weight loss, I'd like to stay in. I'm doing well with that. I just don't want to be a liability to the group. Thank you!

Step numbers are just for us, for fun. We don't compete with any other team or anything. If you take 1 step, that's 1 more for the team! Heck, if you make it all the way to the bathroom and back, you're adding steps. The only part of the team that is competitive is the weight loss, and even there - we are not too worried about winning! So please stay with the weight loss part and don't worry about the steps. If it is less stressful not to count them, then take a break. It is up to you, and we know you'll be back strutting along like a boss as soon as you can. Rest. Breathe. And that's it! Hugs flying your way.
This discussion has been closed.