WaistAways Team Chat JANUARY 2022

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,010 Member
    edited January 2022
    @Waifer003 Don't fret about that little half pound. You are coping. You reported the gain even though it hurt. That takes courage. Have two sick BOYS in the house deserves danger pay! It is hard to stick with any plan with that happening.

You'll get back to it. Take a big deep breath whenever you can. A half pound gets lost again in a few days. No stress about that, ok? That photo you posted is gorgeous. Thanks for that whole post.

@DD265 a dog attack? Yikes. They are no fun, even if you did not get hurt badly. A dog can turn very, very scary - I love the things, but they can be terrifying. I'm glad you're OK!!!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,010 Member
    Tiny triumph for today - I got on the exercise bike even though I have to get up at some still dark hour of the morning. I also avoided the delicious crackers that are in the cupboard. They are still unopened, and I hope they'll stay that way for a while longer!

Only one weigh-in due Tuesday:
    @Kali225 I hope you're still with us! We have not seen you in a couple of weeks, so hopefully you're coming back.

Sleep tight and have a great Tuesday! I'll be gone most the day, but will check in when I return. It's going to be COOOOLD!
  • metaphysicalstudio
    metaphysicalstudio Posts: 293 Member
    1/9: 32 minutes therapeutic yoga + 4114 steps
    1/10: 23 minutes weightlifting + 30 minutes elliptical + 8329 steps

Jenn
  • lonestarbabe
    lonestarbabe Posts: 44 Member
    edited January 2022
    I wondered if any of y'all had this issue when you had Covid. I am still so sick that the doctor called in Ivermectin for me which I hadn't gotten at first because of the shortage. The doc and the pharmacist both reiterated that I need to take it three times a day with a high fat meal. So, I googled it, and it looks like the studies done on this refer to a meal with about 48-49 g of fat! When taken that way, the medicine is 2.5 times more effective. At least, that's what I understand. Anyway, that's more fat than a Big Mac has! I really want to get better, but I am just not willing to eat that many calories. Am I crazy? It even says on the bottle to take it with a high fat meal. The closest I'm willing to get is to eat an avocado. That's giving me about 20g of fat. I'm just going to hope for the best because I don't want to undo any losses I've had, especially since I'm not able to workout right now.
  • MandiSaysHey
    MandiSaysHey Posts: 304 Member
    @EvMakesChanges I'm with you on the mind trick of using a smaller plate/bowl so it looks like a bigger serving. I am the same way!
  • kellie_erin
    kellie_erin Posts: 212 Member
    @lonestarbabe I'm pretty sure ivermectin (an anti-parasitic medication used for treating lice, worms, etc.) does not do anything to treat COVID (which is a virus). Even the drug manufacturer has said that it should not be used to treat COVID.

Have you gotten a second opinion from a different doctor?
  • lonestarbabe
    lonestarbabe Posts: 44 Member
    @lonestarbabe I'm pretty sure ivermectin (an anti-parasitic medication used for treating lice, worms, etc.) does not do anything to treat COVID (which is a virus). Even the drug manufacturer has said that it should not be used to treat COVID.

Have you gotten a second opinion from a different doctor?

No, I haven't gotten a second opinion. My doctor told me that some people are taking it and saying it helps, but that may just be coincidence since it's not used for Covid. When she mentioned the shortage, I declined it since it sounded like a shot in the dark anyway. Now that I've gotten so bad, I decided to give it a try. May as well.
This discussion has been closed.