Buzz Around the Airport Lounge - Chat

Replies

• Retired_Sue
    Retired_Sue Posts: 10,491 Member
    Chilly day here too but I just bundled up to venture out for my one o'clock appointment. Warm boots, snow pants, layers under my down parka, a scarf and light gloves under fleece mittens did the trick! I was toasty warm - didn't even keep my hood up all the time! I'll lighten it up a bit when hubby and I go out early this evening to get out boosters - FINALLY. We'll be driving so I'll be fine unless there's a lineup and we have to wait outside but hopefully they will have planned better than that and there'll be enough space indoors.
    Have a good evening!
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,660 Member
    Good Evening Everyone!

Freezing here. Can't even get warm with layers. Really need to invest in warmer layers. Oh well money is tighter than tight and at this point lost the client that was a pain. Anyways today was rest and weigh day. Gained 0.4 lb. Not a big deal as it was a more accurate weight than last week at TOPS. No extra weight for various reasons when I weigh at home. So we will see what next week shows as I continue to weigh at home until TOPS is back. I must just keep pushing and finding what works now for me. I know some of the issue is that I am not being as strict about my own choices and goals. Bought my son a nice journal style notebook to use in his journey. I am hoping this will help him see what he needs to work on and that he can do it if he wants to bad enough. I also found Shrink sheets! Haven't seen or used them in yearsss. Looking forward to making little rewards for us as we succeed in our challenge. His assignment for this week is to track food, water and exercise. He doesn't have to track food amounts as I know he does like doing it. He has also set his goals.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 11,734 Member
    HI ALL!! Read through quickly ,, well skimmed through the posts. It is also cold here,, LOL VERY COLD!!

This was about 9 this AM,,, LOOK at our wind chill,,, we did warm up to 10 with a wind chill (What it feels like on your skin) of 5, and right now at 10:15 PM it's 5 and feels like 5.
    2lrtm6deu2c0.jpg

I am hoping tomorrow or Thurs, my eye will be back to it's normal it ALMOST is now,, ALMOST!! Actually WOOHOO it's BETTER!! I've worn glasses since I was 2 years old. I'd walk into the walls. My parents talked it over "Either she can't see well or she's NOT THAT BRIGHT!!" It was sort of relief LOL When they found out it was not seeing well. Right now with the left eye I CAN read without any glasses!! I know this may be temporary, though many improve this much, not always those who's eyes have always been very bad. STILL its pretty neat!! If you know anyone or if you ever face having cataract surgery I strongly say GO FOR IT!! It did not in the least hurt, actually it's kinda neat. Yes you do drops for a long time, but if you hate drops, you get used to them. And they feel good.

AND LOOK you get the FANCIEST GLASSES TO BOOT! LOLOL But well the smile is fun.
    hr5rdrb5vcr5.jpg

I'll keep checking back!! BEST TO YOU ALL!! See ya tomorrow!

• DNjoys
    DNjoys Posts: 7,064 Member
    @Dianedoessmiles1 , "Freezing spray advisory"?! What kind of neighborhood do you live in anyway?! 🙃🤣😂🤣😉

This is what I pictured hiding behind buildings, trees and cars.
    1qlidr9dgdm6.jpg

or are folks out trying to train the stray cats? My cat learned very fast. I only had to actually squirt her a few times, then just pick up the bottle, then just say "spray bottle" and she'd run (instead of getting up on the table, counter or whatever was off limits).

I know. You live on water. But I've never seen or heard of a spray advisory before and it hit me funny.

So glad your surgery went well and you're seeing (and not walking into walls!)
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,091 Member
    It's 38 feels like 32 with a high of 56 for today. Axe Sharpening: Do that thing you're afraid of. Life is cooler when you do.~~Derek Weida 1st Phorm Elite Athlete Happy National Pharmacist Day!!!! Fitness quote for today: The best project you'll ever work on is YOU!!~~unknown (courtesy of fitness quotes app) Motivational quote for today: Making positive changes takes time, don't stress out over how long the process takes.~~unknown Closed all rings on my Active 4 and had 13,686 steps yesterday. Today's training plan is: 12 min EMOM (4 sets) then 11 min AMRAP in the gym this afternoon.
  • TEXASTITCHER
    TEXASTITCHER Posts: 5,819 Member
    It is 45 here in North Texas right now 9:30 AM Forecast high is 63. But Saturday's low is forecast to be 28. Have to say the weather is typical, variable.
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,452 Member
    @Retired_Sue - hope the booster went well! Too cold yesterday to walk outside but I made it today with hubby. About to try the 7 lb dog!
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,452 Member
    @Dianedoessmiles1-yay glad your surgery went well! Cold here but I think you beat us!
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,331 Member
    happy wednesday everyone! my daughter says hello to everyone. both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! i have been for a walk and i feel great! i am caught up on my housework, so i can just relax for the rest of the day. i will definitely be doing some dancing later on this afternoon. i am also helping out a good friend of mine with some errands. have a great day, everyone! take care and stay safe.
  • Retired_Sue
    Retired_Sue Posts: 10,491 Member
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - So glad that the surgery went well and the eyesight is so much improved! Cataract surgery is SO much simpler and better than it used to be even 10 years ago. We've warmed up today but it's so DULL out there. I see that we're starting to get a bit of snow - not sure how much we'll get

@bookieNJ - Thanks - had a bit of a wait of course because appointments at clinics are rarely on time. However they moved the clinic to a larger facility yesterday so there was sufficient room indoors to socially distance while waiting. I have a slightly sore arm today - the only reaction I've had to any vaccine that I've had in the past 9 months - and I do feel tired but that might be partly from not getting as much sleep. My Garmin indicates that I got less than 5 hours sleep but I know I had a bit of a snooze during the evening so I suspect I got a bit more than that. Regardless, I'm taking it easy today post workout - just got my shawl blocked but probably won't be doing too much else.

Have a good day everyone!
  • wallahalla
    wallahalla Posts: 1,781 Member
    61yyvszic36u.jpg
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,660 Member
    Good Evening Everyone!

Making this quick tonight. I have had a productive day getting things done. Studies are going well I think.
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 3,986 Member
    Good evening
  • dkhudson56
    dkhudson56 Posts: 670 Member
    Today was a better day and I stopped working around 4p. Got the new Roku hooked up to Mom's TV so she is able to turn tv on/change channels/volume from one remote. IDK why the other wouldn't. She did take all her clothes off the hangars cos she was color coding hangars with clothes so once I got everything else done and cleaned I helped her. I think I'm down to 10 reminders to do. Instead of notes everywhere I have just started using Google calendar that has reminders and started using a note program on phone to track food until I can get to use my computer. Still have paperwork in drawer to work on and probably won't get to it tonight. I overheard her talking to my aunt in Tenn. telling her we were coming down there to live. Reminded her we have a place now. Also heard her tell my aunt she won't be here in the summer. My aunt misunderstood her to mean she was going to Tenn. I sometimes wish I didn't have foresight but I had already yesterday had the thought she is clearing out her stuff and getting rid of it so we don't have it all to do when she dies. It's been a couple months since I talked to my brother who has foresight more than me, but I know he's felt it and the feeling is growing.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 11,734 Member
    Hi All!! @DNjoys ,,, lololol you did have me laughing!!! The boats that go out,,,a friend's son was a lobster man. Even just leaving he had his baseball bat swinging to cut down on the ice. Every year at least 1 usually more fishing boats go down more so in the winter. We lost one out of Portland last year in the waters off Massachusetts. Heart breaking in such a deep way. Most of know at least one person, usually 3 who fish for a living. It's pretty good money wise. And it gets into the blood.

I had cat as with yours knew if I shook the bottle she'd behave immediately. Izzy has such tiny short legs, paws she doesn't/can't jump up on stuff. She's such a good girl. I'm horribly spoiled by her.

The eye is almost to being totally clear. I even drove today. I'll still need glasses, but much lighter ones. Right eye being done on Weds.
    My internet has been out. If any leaders have members using Consolidated it's been out . So off I go. Please take care.

Gooooo all teams!!
  • DNjoys
    DNjoys Posts: 7,064 Member
    edited January 2022
    @Dianedoessmiles1 , Boats are one thing that never occurred to me. You can tell I'm a land-locked city girl. We do have a lot of lakes but in winter we tend to stay off of them (except those brave enough to trust the thickness of the ice and and don't mind the cold to go ice fishing). Bummer on your Internet. I've been totally lost the few times mine has been down.