WaistAways Team Chat JANUARY 2022

Replies

• MandiSaysHey
    MandiSaysHey Posts: 304 Member
    @micki48 I'm so glad you have a plan and some relief from the stress you've been feeling

@KellyBgetsfit I really feel for teachers and healthcare workers right now. So many of my teacher friends are being pulled in all directions and feeling utterly overwhelmed. My son's school district has cancelled bus service and combined classes multiple times due to staffing shortages. It's just a mess right now. Praying for some peace for you and your fellow teachers!
  • PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    CW 192.6
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    @micki48 I'm so glad you have some answers. I read something recently about how our body doesn't know the difference between fear and excitement, so if you can pause a moment, you get to choose. I'm sure there's an overwhelming list of things to figure out, but at least you can start ticking them off instead of living in the uncertainty. I can't comment on the weather aspect, but our Canadian friends do sell the northern winter quite well. ;)

@kellie_erin I'm sorry about your home. Cleaning up the leaks is going to be a decent amount of exercise, so don't beat yourself up over it. Sometimes the best form of exercise, and the one we need, is a rest day.

Hugs to all those that need (or just want) them xx

Thanks for the well wishes for OH. He's feeling a lot brighter today and the shoulder should be recovered in 6-8 weeks.

I'm having a weird day today, like, really far under my calorie goal. I'm worrying that I've forgotten to track something (this is why we track before we eat folks!) but I think it's just been a busy, fragmented one. I am waiting for the message to say my car is ready at the garage, then will walk down for it and hopefully go straight from there to pick OH up from work.

At lunch I went down to feed the ducks and was talking to a couple I've seen there before. They were recommending various places to go walking locally, and it made me think that I have a list of places I want to visit but don't actually plan them in so we go. We have National Trust membership (they look after historic landmarks, buildings and land, so membership gets you free parking/access) but don't take full advantage of it and really ought to. I may try to get out to one new place a month this year.
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,119 Member
    @micki48 BIG congrats to your daughter and so glad knowing the direction your life is moving has eased some stress.

@kellie_erin How totally heartbreaking... I am in a new build and I've been worried about that same possibility, I really feel for you there....

@metaphysicalstudio I've noticed more so lately that my body goes through a similar path at that time of the month! Definitely less jarring when you're expecting it - like your attitude!

1/11 exercise:
    10,030 steps + 46 minutes indoor cycling

My days have felt very "wash, rinse, repeat" this week, which isn't a bad thing.
    Work has been busy and I don't think I've had much mental energy for other things.
    Not to mention the fact that staying on track always requires my full attention!
    Loving the great weather though... it's making a huge difference. My dog appreciates it too :)
  • metaphysicalstudio
    metaphysicalstudio Posts: 293 Member
    1/11 steps: 3961

Yesterday was not a good day.

@kellie_erin I was sad to hear about this! Home troubles can be so stressful! Uggh. I hope that you go easy on yourself right now. Stress is so tough to process, especially when your home is falling apart around you!

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,013 Member
    @micki48
    It is so good to hear your news - not that you have to move and that things will be kinda wild for a while, but that you had such a good talk with your husband, that your daughter found a good job, that the little one will be able to go to the school where you worked (how great is that??), and that limbo is over. I'm smiling for you! It will be a challenge, but things are falling into place, and it will have a lot of excitement built in too. It is also so cool that you recognized your thoughts of failure and how untrue they are. Yes!!

@KellyBgetsfit hang in there - this is going to be hard for a while, as you say. Grab hugs from everyone :heart:
    Well, I have reached a new highest weight ever! I had a great week. I logged everything, went over my calories once, and got in more exercise than usual. I met most of my goals consistently this week. However, I am 2-3 days away from menstruation and can see as much as a 5lb increase during this week. I may be the heaviest I have ever been in my life today -- but I feel pretty good. Hopefully next week the scale will reflect the work I've put in.

Jenn this is actually not a bad gain at all - when you start a lot more exercise, you store more glycogen to fuel it. Glycogen has to bind with water to fuel the muscle. That plus pre-menstruation gain sounds pretty normal to me. You'll probably have a good whoosh down once you adapt to the level of exercise and get the good old TOM over with. I'll bet you feel pretty good and the scale will show it soon.

@MandiSaysHey Fabulous loss! Good for you - you turned it around, and now just keep going :smiley:

I got a good couple of exercise sessions in today as well - made up for yesterday sitting on my butt all day in a car, on the couch, going far, just a slouch...
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,013 Member
    One more Wednesday weigh-in to go -
    @MoStacy

Thursday people! Here you come... :smiley:

@eggfreak
    @bowens1973
    @ashleycarole86
    @evangsimmons170
  • ashleycarole86
    There was a concept on Nerd Fitness' blog that I was reminded of today..

No bad 2x >>> item in question

His point is one night of x or one missed workout or whatever your thing is means nothing, but sometimes 2x that disappointing event in your habits turns into a month of it...

Pairs well with Tiny Triumphs and One Perfect Day, I think ;)
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,253 Member
    Thanks for all the well wishes. Lots to figure out here. Made a point of getting in my 8k steps and did my Pilates this am.

@KellyBgetsfit Big hugs to you and all the teachers and healthcare workers. These have been such difficult times for you all. I hope things settle down soon.

• ashleycarole86
    Username ashleycarole86
    Thursday weigh-in

PW 187
    CW 184.6
  • ashleycarole86
    Happiest of birthdays @DD265 ... sounds like you have a great day planned!! Enjoy it
This discussion has been closed.