Replies

• mszoueb
    mszoueb Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Username: mszoueb
    Weigh In Day: Monday
    PW (Previous Weight): 237
    CW (Current Weight): 237

Hi all, here for Monday weigh in. Not sure why the scales didn't show a loss because there's no chance I've been eating enough calories to maintain.. hopefully it comes down next week! Can seem to happen on getting wooshes not on weigh in day 😂 I've still lost 1 pound a week already technically for this month so that's the main thing.

Had a good weekend, went mountain biking on Saturday afternoon. Nature is such a grounding medicine, especially in these times of working from home, can feel isolating and constantly plugged into technology.

Was a win not to get any takeaway or restaurant afterwards, instead just came back hone and had the lunch and dinner meal and snack together.. prior to that only had the breakfast and snuck in 74 calorie worth of lotus biscoff biscuit before ride for a boost.

My hunger levels didn't tip to ravenous surprisingly. Adding some orange juice to dilute into water helped on the ride.

I think that's one thing about getting back on my journey is I should be able to buy proper cycling clothes at some point down the line. It seems to be shop online or in person that clothes are solely on the smaller side sizing.

Have a great week everyone!
  • Pippin20206
    Pippin20206 Posts: 194 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Steps 4003

Working from home today and tomorrow. I'm starting to feel better but I'm just constantly hot and sweating for no reason, really gross. Got a negative test result so confirmed that sore throat and everything is just from the booster as i suspected. Anyway as I said working from home again tomorrow and then wed is a public holiday so back in the office Thursday hopefully back to normal.

I'm totally pissed at my scales they haven't moved at all, I thought you were supposed to lose weight when you're sick! Ugh, anyway trying to stay on track the hard way 🤣

Meanwhile my hobbies include tagging workout routines i like the look of but never do and scrolling through pictures of meals I'm not allowed to eat 🤣🤣

I think I'm going slightly mad. Worried I'm getting to my breaking point, I've never lasted this long with weight loss before and I don't want to slowly slip off the rails.
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    Last week of January challenge!

What have you done well this month?

This month I’ve gotten back to tracking my food. It’s been such a long time and hard to stay consistent with it but I am on day 5 of tracking all my food ( the good, the bad, and the ugly ). I’ve also gotten back full swing into my workouts and weight training. I can feel myself getting stronger. Also, IF has been going good. I have had a couple of days where Ive dropped the ball but all in all I’ve done a good job with it. I guess this month was about me getting myself back to the basics and back to where I was before mentally, before my weight started going up again. I’ve got some improving to do but so proud of what I’ve accomplished this month.
  • jimboden3
    jimboden3 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    JimBoden3
    Weigh-in Day: Monday (Jan 24, 2021)
    PW: 222
    CW: 221.1
    SW: 240

Our youngest (just turned 16) wanted to go to one of the high-end steak houses for his birthday dinner last night so I knew there was no way to avoid having an 'up' day on the scale this morning for weigh-in day … and it was, but it was still down from last week!

I managed to take 1/3 of the 12 oz filet and baked potato home and I didn't feel like I had to give up anything (since we split an appetizer, and I had a salad, a little bread and 2 drinks). No rocket science here, I just stopped eating once I realized I was full. The 'old me' never would have quit fighting the desire to make the 'clean plate club' so I consider that a good mindset victory that I didn't over eat.
  • peng123
    peng123 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday, Downsizers! Here's my daily check-in:

1/23:
    Calories: 1,161
    Steps: 5,831

I'm still unable to do any exercise except for the strengthening exercises given to me at physical therapy. It's very frustrating but I'm sticking with my calories and hopefully the weight will continue to come off. I hope you are all having a great day!!
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,574 Member
    Options
    Congrats to our biggest losers for the week:
    @jayenguk
    @flowerblossom_58
    @peng123

Awesome job Downsizers! Number 1 for the week!

🏆🏆🏆🏆
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    rwood566 wrote: »
    Good evening everyone. I hope you all had a good weekend. Start your week off with a clean slate and work your programs from scratch.
    Check in for 1/23:
    Steps - 10462
    Calories - 1650. Acceptable.
    Exercise - 3.84 mile stroll after lunch. 1 hr 14 min. Gym after dinner. 9 machines and 10 minutes bike, moderate intensity.

Off to the USS MIDWAY museum tomorrow. Want to finish the tour this time.

Great exercise day! Enjoy the museum. Is it on a boat?
  • Morethanjustanumber
    Morethanjustanumber Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Date 1/23
    Step count 5171

Sunday is turning into my rest day. I worked to get my min. steps in yesterday as I had 3 hours of zoom meetings yesterday! I have a whole new appreciation for all those that have been working from home for two years!
  • Morethanjustanumber
    Morethanjustanumber Posts: 656 Member
    Options

I stuck to my exercise goals. I have logged every day, every meal, every snack. Those two things are the key to weight loss for me. I have no sense of portion control, mindlessly snack, and eat my emotions. Logging, weighing foods, and focusing on movement help me to control all my vices. Thank you for the accountability that this group provides!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    You did great this month. Logging is such an important tool in our weight loss battle.

@mszoueb
    Sometimes the scales need a good scolding and but in the corner until it agrees to behave. 😂 I really like your list of accomplishments this month. Maybe you can make new cycling clothes a reward for reaching a particular weight or NSV.

@Pippin20206
    You are really having a hard go of it with the booster. I know my Mom is pretty awful from hers. I never lose weight when sick in fact I gain. Are you still working with the dietitian? Also, for the foods you are tagging you can try and find a healthier version that you can.

@mari_moulin
    You should be proud of what you have accomplished this month.

@jimboden3
    Nice loss! Happy 16th birthday to your youngest.

@peng123
    I know you are frustrated but you are doing so well with your eating. The weight should still come off. Are you like me in that exercise (swimming for me) is my happy place.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Date 1/23
    Step count 5171

Sunday is turning into my rest day. I worked to get my min. steps in yesterday as I had 3 hours of zoom meetings yesterday! I have a whole new appreciation for all those that have been working from home for two years!

We all need our rest days. Continue all that you did good in January and you will have a successful February.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    ❌close rings
    ✅steps 4,210
    ✅log food daily

This time next week I will be in the pool. I am supposed to go for my fourth dose of the Covid vaccine on Sunday but I am going to reschedule. I am afraid that if feel sick after that I will miss the first few days back in the pool. I am still walking with a limp and my leg still pains, definitely improved, so today I am going to try mini mini walks. Maybe move for 1 or 2 minutes at a time.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options

I have been pretty consistent with logging my food even when I binge. I want to build on this next month and tighten it up.

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,714 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    You did great this month. Logging is such an important tool in our weight loss battle

Thanks Linda :)
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options

What do you want to improve on in February?

• lindamtuck2018
    Options

Exercise! I want to develop a consistent exercise plan for the pool and execute it.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,714 Member
    Options

I would like to get on strict keto and not cheat ... I would also like to get my results back for my foot and hips which will happen on the 27th and 1st ... I too would like to improve on my exercise ... My plan is to use my home gym 2 days a week and walk 3 days a week (we will see if my body will allow that)
  • MeowScout
    MeowScout Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I am hanging in there ! I apologize for my absence. Hopefully I will feel even better this week.
    Fri WI
    PW 252
    CW 252

• MeowScout
    MeowScout Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Steps
    Jan 19,20, 21, 22 6000
    Jan23 1785
This discussion has been closed.