Options

Replies

• sequimtrim
    sequimtrim Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Check in for 1/15:
    PW: 205.6
    CW: 205.8
    Not bad, getting over being sick last week. More exercise next week.
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options

Happy Saturday team. I’m here with my weigh-in. I’m sorry I wasn’t more active this week. I will try to do better next week. If anyone wants to add me as a friend please feel free to. I am much more active on my newsfeed.

I’ve had a good week. I have been very successful with my air fryer. Made some very yummy foods that the whole family enjoyed.

I’ve also been doing well with my workouts and following IF. I only had one day where I didn’t do it and didn’t do a workout but I wasn’t feeling well. Otherwise I stayed strong.

I am working on setting some goals for myself. I really need to drop all the weight if regained. I know I can do it!

Weigh in :

Username : mari_moulin
    Weigh in day : Saturday
    Weigh in week : 2
    Previous weight : 216.0
    Current weight : 213.6

Steps :

Sun - 10,789
    Mon - 17,848
    Tue - 20,213
    Wed - 15,777
    Thu - 17,839
    Fri - 16,531
    Sat -

You are off to a great start on losing the weight. What are some of the things you made in the air fryer?

Oooh some yummy stuff. I’ve made two kinds of chicken wings ( lemon pepper and paprika ), some bacon wrapped porc tenderloins, a whole roast chicken, steak, some quick easy garlic bread, and some apple chips for the little guy. No regrets on this purchase!!
    fw1cxgypeoqt.jpeg
    ozcypjpuu7n8.jpeg
    d7ruwwgida0q.jpeg

• jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,088 Member
    Options
    The Week 3 Group Challenge, starting Sunday, Jan 16th is open for tomorrow. Hope you enjoy this one! Can't wait to read and share with all of you.

Here's the link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10853885/january-week-3-group-challenge-5-10-15-20-workout/p1?new=1

Jessica :smile:
  • Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    01/14
    30 min light snow shoveling
    90 min heavy snow shoveling(wet,slushy snow)
    01/15
    60 minutes heavy snow(5” deep)
  • Gwiz401
    Gwiz401 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    User name: Gwiz401
    Weigh Day: Saturday
    SW: 179.8
    PW: 177.4
    CW: 178.2
    LTD: 1.6

I'm doing great on the weekdays, but totally lose control on the weekend. The trigger is emotional stress, which leads to cocktails, then snacking. It's a vicious cycle.

• rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Good evening everyone. I hope you all are safe and warm.
    Check in for 1/15:
    Steps - 5160.
    Calories 1590 or close
    Exercise - lazy day. Short walk after dinner to get radishes and green onions.
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018
    Amazon went well. They have this lovely almond milk that I love and have ordered several times. This time the box was crushed. The person I spoke to initially wanted me to send photos. I had them. I had taken photos of pink mail slip that state "damaged", as well as many (8) additional photos. The short of it is that the photos weren't going through to their email. So, I asked to speak with a manager. Finally, when the manager came on... She said, "thanks for being a Prime member, how would you like your refund?" She didn't need the photos!! 😀
  • mszoueb
    mszoueb Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Gwiz401 wrote: »
    User name: Gwiz401
    Weigh Day: Saturday
    SW: 179.8
    PW: 177.4
    CW: 178.2
    LTD: 1.6

I'm doing great on the weekdays, but totally lose control on the weekend. The trigger is emotional stress, which leads to cocktails, then snacking. It's a vicious cycle.

This is something that is on my mind too for when I move to 5 days prep service instead of 7. I went down to 5 days before and was good to switch things up at weekend, but it invites potential of habits returning and undoing the days before it, even when trying to stay within calories thinking oh maybe I could have this or that and still potentially lose something, but not always the case.

I'm trying to learn to accept that the numbers on the scales isn't always a reflection as so many factors outside of control could be a reason for a gain or loss, it can be an emotional see-saw at times though.

The 0.8 gain could be a number of things and maybe you haven't went overboard with cocktails and snacks as much as you think with having less than a pound gain. Not trying to diminsh feelings as I also know how disheartening it is having the scales go the opposite way. If you're just restarting your journey this year, there's still another 50 weeks where you can make a difference :)

Sending best wishes :)

• Bluetail6
    edited January 2022
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018
    Bluetail6 wrote: »
    jueei8y80dkm.jpg

Just a teaser... An example of the lunch/dinner salads I have been making. Will post my Bingo card later today. 😊

This is a salad I threw together on 1/13. I used what I had in the fridge. All of the ingredients are raw except for the quinoa. Additionally, everything is organic except for the cottage cheese and mushrooms:

1/2 organic quinoa, 158g organic super greens, 100g cottage cheese, 21g organic red onion, 81g crimini mushrooms, 100g pomegranate arils, 43g hummus, 15mL coconut aminos, 98g organic fresh strawberries, 91g navel oranges.

I have always loved creamy dressings. The cottage cheese makes it creamy. The hummus was a last- minute decision. Might not do hummus with cottage cheese... The coconut aminos I use (Dynamic Health), are loaded with potassium, and low in sodium.

The salad is HUGE! It is a protein punch as well as a fiber punch. I had less than half for lunch and the other half+ for dinner and was very satisfied. I did eat more protein with dinner. And, I had calories for snacks!

I know some folks balk at the idea of fruit in a salad... I say, "bring it on..." Except for durian... 😳😁

ETA: Correct some of my typos. Also, to add that I add organic apple-cider vinegar!!🙃

• Bluetail6
    Options
    My goal for this week has to been to use one food daily in different way at least 3 times. It has to be something I already have in the house. It has gone well. A by-product has been that it gives me a moment to put a craving on hold. For example, I put dates in another salad I made. Normally, I would put them in yogurt, oatmeal, baked stuff, or cottage cheese. Not bad, just a weird sort of sticky in a salad, a little too weird, lol.

A NSV for this week... We got a ton, I mean ton, of snow today. I shoveled off the deck, so hubs could sleep in.

Since you are all teammates, I want to encourage you (us) all to take this year on with courage and gratitude, no matter what may come.

Three positive things about myself. Do I have to limit it to just 3...? Seriously, just kidding😁. I love to laugh, I'm kind, and I am courageous.

qdpsct55srhr.jpg

Oops, just now took photo of my finished card!!
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    Almost forgot to share my bingo. I could have done better has i participates more in the team 🤦🏻‍♀️ I’ll try to do better ♥️🥰

bug38plqmk24.jpeg
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Steps :

Sat - 11,714
  • Morethanjustanumber
    Morethanjustanumber Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Date 1/15
    Step count 9352
  • MeowScout
    MeowScout Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I’m alive!! :-) Sorry I just hit Hibernation Back to School mode. First things first:
    Fri weigh in
    PW 252
    CW 252

Still stuck here, but I have not given up. Hey I stopped the upward creep, I’ll take credit for that. More daylight every day is coming my way.

Steps: Oof. Well here goes:

1/9 1230
    1/10 6104
    1/11 6198
    1/12 6000
    1/13 6000
    1/14 1280
    1/15 688

688. But I got a lot of class prep done! I know. It would have been better to take some walking and moving breaks.

So happy day to all of you!! Walk an extra step or two for me this week for my birthday this coming Friday!!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,382 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    n76nvwzrtmk0.png

Here is my friendly reminder of the people's steps I need ...Please have your steps in no later than Tuesday Evening 1/18/22...If I do not have them in by Tuesday Evening I will have no choice but to zero them out ...Thanks for your cooperation :)

@red1185 1/9- 1/15

@littleflutterby 1/11- 1/15

@Lessennan 1/10-1/15

• peng123
    peng123 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    n76nvwzrtmk0.png

Here is my friendly reminder of the people's steps I need ...Please have your steps in no later than Tuesday Evening 1/18/22...If I do not have them in by Tuesday Evening I will have no choice but to zero them out ...Thanks for your cooperation :)

@red1185 1/9- 1/15
    @tahm42 1/9- 1/15
    @peng123 1/14
    @littleflutterby 1/11- 1/15
    @tslose 1/11-1/15
    @Lessennan 1/10-1/15
    @JodiSW 1/14 & 1/15
    @Jpedno 1/13- 1/15

@Megan_smartiepants1970 I'm so sorry I forgot my steps! Here they are: 1/14 - 10,267 Thank you!!
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,503 Member
    Options
    @Jpedno
    Awesome loss!

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Feel better!

@sequimtrim
    It can take awhile to bounce back after being sick.

@mari_moulin
    Congrats on the line and all the squares you completed on the bingo card! You food looks so good. I need to use my air fryer more.

@Gwiz401
    Weekends are tough. Can you pinpoint the stressor and try and find away to avoid it.

@rwood566
    Love lazy days. We need them on occasion.

@peng123
    I am glad your knees allowed you to exercise yesterday. Don’t overdo it and keep the ice to them.

@MeowScout
    Stopping the gain is a big part of the battle. Happy birthday week!

@Bluetail6
    Full card! You are amazing!

• Jpedno
    Jpedno Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    1/13 8,297
    1/14 7,070
    1/15 9,793

I’m determined to hit my step goal every day next week!
This discussion has been closed.