Downsizers Team Chat JANUARY 2022

Options

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,227 Member
    Options
    We have a new member joining us ... Please welcome @JScottJr1988 :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Thank you @Megan_smartiepants1970, I appreciate it.

You are very welcome :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Username: Beautyofdreams
    Weigh In Day: Tuesday
    PW: 141.0
    CW: 138.4

No exercise since Friday. Went to the doctor yesterday. For nausea and balance issues. Checked ears, nose, throat and gave me a covid test. All negative but blood pressure is too high. Discontinued. one medication and will monitor blood pressure. Will not resume exercise until dizziness is resolved.

Sorry you aren't feeling well ... I will excuse you from the step challenge until further notice ..I hope you feel better soon ...hugsss
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,527 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018, and @Megan_smartiepants1970

I just wanted to let you know that I'm really sick and I go at 1:30 pm to take a COVID test. It's either that or I've just have a very bad cold or maybe the flu.

I have had my first two COVID shots of moderna, not eligible for booster until March. It has to be 6 months they said after taking the last shot.

The reason I'm telling you this is because I'm going to take some time off until I feel better. I don't know how long it will take, I guess it depends on what I have and how long it takes to recover from it.

I don't want to leave the group permanently, is there a way I can just put it on hold until I feel better. I would like to stay in the group if possible.

I will move you to support. Feel better!
  • MeowScout
    MeowScout Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Oops!
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    Steps
    1/16 1923
    1/17 164
    1/18 6264
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options

Welcome to the team!
  • Morethanjustanumber
    Morethanjustanumber Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Date 1/25
    Step count 9580
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options

Welcome to the team!
  • Pippin20206
    Pippin20206 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Oops forgot to do my steps for 26/1 - 4132

It's currently 1:40am and I'm trying to calm down the puppies during a thunderstorm, meanwhile its my first day back in the office tomorrow (sigh). Grateful for the rain though its been stinking hot here.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @Beautyofdreams
    Awesome loss! I am sorry you have to stop exercising for awhile as I know how important it is to you. I hope you feel better soon!

@MeowScout
    How smart to come on here and post when that snack craving hits. I wish I had done that last night.
    That’s great that you find the group helpful. I hope you continue to feel better.

@rwood566
    You can help do my laundry or any other housework related chore. 😂

@peng123
    Fantastic loss! You have proved your doctor right. Keep up the great work and you will meet your weight loss goals.

@Morethanjustanumber
    Great steps!
  • JodiSW
    JodiSW Posts: 193 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    peng123 wrote: »
    we lose weight in the kitchen and get fit in the gym

Love this! Thanks for that inspiration this morning.

• JodiSW
    JodiSW Posts: 193 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    lindamtuck2018 wrote: »

Last week of January challenge!

What have you done well this month?

Tracking calories - that habit tracking spreadsheet is the bomb, ya'll! I have so much gratitude for whoever set that up. Also, I've been doing pretty good with my new exercise bike. It's starting to feel pretty habitual and I'm actually looking forward to the time I spend on it!

Also, I don't know if I mentioned it in the group but I quit smoking in early December. On the day I quit I was 172 and today I'm 165. While losing 7 pounds in a month and a half isn't as much as I'd like (I was hoping to see the 150s by the end of January) I still have to be pretty pleased. Smoking speeds your metabolism and most people gain about 10lbs when they quit, with most of the weight gain happening in the first three months - so yes! I need to be happy with this. And hopeful as I move into February.

What do you want to improve on in February?

I'd like to be more active on this group, for one. I'm getting a lot out of reading through it and I want to post more regularly. Also, I still need to work on my weekend calorie intake (and alcohol). I really enjoy going out and having cocktails with my husband and friends and it's leading to poor food choices. Must work on this!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    ✅close rings
    ✅steps 7,473
    ✅log food daily

Yes, I closed my rings. I ended up with 31 minutes of exercise. My doctors office is on the upper level of an old mall. To make a long story short, I had the Uber driver drop me off at a door that is a little closer to the escalator. I didn’t realize that they had that entrance closed during lockdown so I walked half way around the outside of the mall to get to the right entrance. Made for a good step and exercise day. With that said, I will not be doing mini walks today as my groin/thigh is hurting a lot.

Today is Bell let’s talk day in Canada. It’s a day to raise both money and awareness about mental health. It’s the 12th year that this has been held. The theme this year is supporting ourselves and each other. We can never go wrong doing this. Let’s stop the stigma around mental health.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    JodiSW wrote: »

Tracking calories - that habit tracking spreadsheet is the bomb, ya'll! I have so much gratitude for whoever set that up. Also, I've been doing pretty good with my new exercise bike. It's starting to feel pretty habitual and I'm actually looking forward to the time I spend on it!

Also, I don't know if I mentioned it in the group but I quit smoking in early December. On the day I quit I was 172 and today I'm 165. While losing 7 pounds in a month and a half isn't as much as I'd like (I was hoping to see the 150s by the end of January) I still have to be pretty pleased. Smoking speeds your metabolism and most people gain about 10lbs when they quit, with most of the weight gain happening in the first three months - so yes! I need to be happy with this. And hopeful as I move into February.

I'd like to be more active on this group, for one. I'm getting a lot out of reading through it and I want to post more regularly. Also, I still need to work on my weekend calorie intake (and alcohol). I really enjoy going out and having cocktails with my husband and friends and it's leading to poor food choices. Must work on this!

Congrats on quitting smoking .... I quit smoking in 2019 after smoking for 30+ years ...
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    JodiSW wrote: »

Congratulations on quitting smoking! I am impressed that you lost weight while doing that. Did you have any strategies that helped with the snacking instead of smoking?
This discussion has been closed.