MeowScout wrote: »
    Steps
    Jan 19,20, 21, 22 6000
    Jan23 1785

Was 16, 17 and 18th zeros?
  • MeowScout
    MeowScout Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    It is a miracle that my weight is hanging in there. I didn’t track for nearly a week, but kept moving. I didn’t feel well last week. Today a little off. But these things happen. This time I am not eating my distress. The daily step goal has been a great motivator. I can at least do that. It is going to be cold here this week, so stay warm with smiles and friends!
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    Last week of January challenge!

What do you want to improve on in February?

I want to improve my food choices. I’ve gotten back to writing in my diary but now I want the choices I make to be healthier.
  • KittyLady2
    KittyLady2 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 wrote!

What have you done well this month?

I started logging in my dairy (good & bad), but need to be stay consistent with it. I have logged even when I overdo it or eat things I shouldn't. I have missed a few days logging and I want to improve on that next month.
  • KittyLady2
    Options
    lindamtuck2018 wrote: »

1.) Exercise: Would like to increase the amount of time that I spend exercising. Find an exercise that I can do and enjoy doing it. To be honest I don't have a lot of energy or motivation when it comes to exercising.

2.) Being consistent with logging in the food diary.
    3.) Having a more positive outlook about myself . Thinking more positive instead of negative
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    rwood566 wrote: »
    Good evening everyone. I hope you all had a good weekend. Start your week off with a clean slate and work your programs from scratch.
    Check in for 1/23:
    Steps - 10462
    Calories - 1650. Acceptable.
    Exercise - 3.84 mile stroll after lunch. 1 hr 14 min. Gym after dinner. 9 machines and 10 minutes bike, moderate intensity.

Off to the USS MIDWAY museum tomorrow. Want to finish the tour this time.

Great exercise day! Enjoy the museum. Is it on a boat?

It is a former U. S. Navy aircraft carrier that is now a floating museum. You can go on several mini tours while on it and they have volunteers who served on her during different times.
  • rwood566
    Options

I want to regain control of my late night snacking.
  • rwood566
    Options
    Good evening everyone. Hope you had a decent Monday.
    Check in for 1/24:
    Steps - 8199.
    Calories- 1650 or so. Guess at lunch.
    Exercise - 3 hours at the museum. Up and down several ladders.
    I gave myself the ok to go over my Calories because of the tour. No guilt day.
  • Pippin20206
    Pippin20206 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 no dietitian was just a one time thing to make sure I was on the right track. She basically told me I'd already done half her work and she was happy with my food choices I just have to stick to it.

Feeling like Jan has been a bit of a right off, need to start again in Feb and get serious again.

Steps 4023
  • Morethanjustanumber
    Morethanjustanumber Posts: 656 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Date 1/24
    Step count 6523

Megan I am starting to row and didn’t know if that is something that can be converted to steps. My Fitbit only records elevated heart rate and no steps when I use the machine. Right now I am just building up endurance but plan to add this to my regular exercise routine. Just ignore it if you don’t need it.
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,574 Member
    Options
    MeowScout wrote: »
    It is a miracle that my weight is hanging in there. I didn’t track for nearly a week, but kept moving. I didn’t feel well last week. Today a little off. But these things happen. This time I am not eating my distress. The daily step goal has been a great motivator. I can at least do that. It is going to be cold here this week, so stay warm with smiles and friends!

I hope you feel better. Get back tracking once you are feeling well.

@lindamtuck2018 wrote!

What have you done well this month?

I started logging in my dairy (good & bad), but need to be stay consistent with it. I have logged even when I overdo it or eat things I shouldn't. I have missed a few days logging and I want to improve on that next month.

Logging is so important. I also log everything even when I binge. My dietitian encouraged this so I can go back and look for patterns.To help in feeling more positive about yourself try and write some positive affirmations each day.

rwood566 wrote: »
    Good evening everyone. Hope you had a decent Monday.
    Check in for 1/24:
    Steps - 8199.
    Calories- 1650 or so. Guess at lunch.
    Exercise - 3 hours at the museum. Up and down several ladders.
    I gave myself the ok to go over my Calories because of the tour. No guilt day.

I am sure you burnt extra calories going up and down the ladders. I seem to remember going to a museum something like that in Virginia back in the early 2000’s. It was in Soffolk or Norfolk Virginia.

@lindamtuck2018 no dietitian was just a one time thing to make sure I was on the right track. She basically told me I'd already done half her work and she was happy with my food choices I just have to stick to it.

Feeling like Jan has been a bit of a right off, need to start again in Feb and get serious again.

Steps 4023

I remember you saying that back when you first went. I feel the same way about January. Come on February!

peng123 wrote: »
    Happy Tuesday, Downsizers! Here's my daily check-in:

1/24:
    Calories: 1,149
    Exercise: knee strengthening exercises - still can't get on the elliptical
    Steps: 9,834

Had another round of physical therapy for my knees this morning - I can't tell if it's working yet - but I am hopeful! I hope you all have a great day!

I know when I had my knee replacement I was diligent about doing the physio exercises. It payed off. So keep doing yours and stay hopeful.

@Megan_smartiepants1970

Date 1/24
    Step count 6523

Megan I am starting to row and didn’t know if that is something that can be converted to steps. My Fitbit only records elevated heart rate and no steps when I use the machine. Right now I am just building up endurance but plan to add this to my regular exercise routine. Just ignore it if you don’t need it.

Do you have your own rowing machine? Rowing is great exercise. Megan can convert just about anything to steps. She converts my swimming and water exercises.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,713 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Date 1/24
    Step count 6523

I do have rowing on the converter chart .. Just tell me if it is light, moderate or vigorous effort and for how long ... I will be more than happy to convert it into steps for you :)
  • KittyLady2
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018, and @Megan_smartiepants1970

I just wanted to let you know that I'm really sick and I go at 1:30 pm to take a COVID test. It's either that or I've just have a very bad cold or maybe the flu.

I have had my first two COVID shots of moderna, not eligible for booster until March. It has to be 6 months they said after taking the last shot.

The reason I'm telling you this is because I'm going to take some time off until I feel better. I don't know how long it will take, I guess it depends on what I have and how long it takes to recover from it.

I don't want to leave the group permanently, is there a way I can just put it on hold until I feel better. I would like to stay in the group if possible.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,713 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018, and @Megan_smartiepants1970

I just wanted to let you know that I'm really sick and I go at 1:30 pm to take a COVID test. It's either that or I've just have a very bad cold or maybe the flu.

I have had my first two COVID shots of moderna, not eligible for booster until March. It has to be 6 months they said after taking the last shot.

The reason I'm telling you this is because I'm going to take some time off until I feel better. I don't know how long it will take, I guess it depends on what I have and how long it takes to recover from it.

I don't want to leave the group permanently, is there a way I can just put it on hold until I feel better. I would like to stay in the group if possible.

Linda can put you on the support team ... You can be on there for as long as you need to be..I hope you feel better soon
  • KittyLady2
    Options
    Thank you @Megan_smartiepants1970, I appreciate it.
  • tahm42
    tahm42 Posts: 4,846 Member
    Options
    Tahm42
    Tuesday:
    PW:215
    CW:215

130/2022 miles
    I have had a couple of bad painful days. I am better today. I know it is I am just cold and really stiff trying to do things I have not in almost 6 weeks.

Better news! Got my cholesterol numbers back from my recheck yesterday... drumroll... I am down in all fats by 40 to 50 points. My ratios are back down to 2 and 2.8. What does this mean? Keto is not for me. Low fat and low carb. I also started to take fish oil supplements. Thank you to those who recommended that to me. Fish and chicken are my friend!

I am eating 2000-2100 calories and maintaining. If I drop at this calorie count, I will up them again to 2200. My goal is to eat at TDEE for a few weeks, so I will be ready in 4 weeks to start a cut. I am doing a EM2WL course to help me get the basics down and be able to continue the slow downward body recomposition.
  • Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Username: Beautyofdreams
    Weigh In Day: Tuesday
    PW: 141.0
    CW: 138.4

No exercise since Friday. Went to the doctor yesterday. For nausea and balance issues. Checked ears, nose, throat and gave me a covid test. All negative but blood pressure is too high. Discontinued. one medication and will monitor blood pressure. Will not resume exercise until dizziness is resolved.
This discussion has been closed.