Shape Shifters Team Chat JANUARY 2022

Replies

• izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 882 Member
    You're welcome @jessicakrall8 I enjoyed it.Good to share memories of our Mum's too.On my walk I climbed a steep staircase.A couple must have been watching me walk up the stairs.They said to me "You've got a good pace walking up those stairs "
    I thanked them & it was good to be praised for my fitness 🙂
  • Chalmation
    Chalmation Posts: 2,625 Member
    Daily Step Goal: 8,000
    1/27: 10,302
    1/28: 5,389

Was away from home unexpectedly yesterday for several hours, then entertained my 4 year old niece from the time I got home till 10pm.
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 882 Member
    CasandraW wrote: »
    CasandraW
    Saturday weigh in
    PW 233
    CW 231.2

Finally down a bit again. So frustrating when the scale doesn’t reflect your hard work.

@jessicakrall8 i will not be able to weigh in next week. We will be away in Mexico.

@CasandraW yes it is annoying but don't be too hard on yourself it's only just under 2lbs & a loss.Your'e doing great !!
    Hope you enjoy your holiday & can relax some of your stresses away.It's hard enough being a parent without any extra added challenges.I feel for you in your situation.Hope you get some 🌞
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,450 Member
    @jessicakrall8
    Awesome job on your 5k! I really love the medal you got too, dream chaser. :smile:
    I will report my last steps of the month tomorrow.
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,009 Member
    The Week 1 Group Challenge for February begins Sunday, January 30th. It is now open and ready for lively discussion, information and great tips this week. Join us as we explore planning your meals each day with The Balanced Plate!

Here's your link:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10855106/february-week-1-group-challenge-the-balanced-plate#latest

Hope to see you there!
    Jessica :smile:
  • jessicakrall8
    CasandraW
    Saturday weigh in
    PW 233
    CW 231.2

Finally down a bit again. So frustrating when the scale doesn’t reflect your hard work.

@jessicakrall8 i will not be able to weigh in next week. We will be away in Mexico.

@CasandraW Have a wonderful trip, but please stay safe! I've put in a request for you to be excused from the weigh in. Can't wait to hear about your adventure once you return! Take pictures!

Congrats on this week's loss!
    Jess
  • jessicakrall8
    edited January 2022
    @pupowl Thanks for your kind words! It was a lot of fun and knowing @izzyred9400 was walking with me really helped, plus I was getting support from my good friend next door as well. I posted it on facebook afterward and many of my family were chiming in with praise! It was a great way to honor my Mom, who was always my biggest fan in life. I miss her so much, but I know this made her happy to see me continuing this journey to getting healthier.

I was surprised that it was easier than I expected, but I certainly felt it about two hours later and overnight whenever I would get up and moving around! This morning though, I was fine, so I know I prepared well for it throughout January. February is a shorter month, so in setting my "intentional walking" goals for the month, I'm thinking 38 miles sounds good. Hopefully I can meet it in 28 days. Feb 1st is my birthday so starting off with a solid walking plan seems like a great present to myself!

This Nor'easter is no joke! It looks like a blowing Hallmark card again outside my window after getting rid of the previous 6 inches we got LAST Saturday...this is highly unusual for coastal Virginia. I'm glad I'm on vacation and don't have the need to go out. I'm praying for the folks in NY, Boston and other parts of New England...they're getting slammed with it...anyone else in those areas that still has power, give us a report that you're all doing ok please!

@pupowl Could I get your steps from 1/21 to present please? Thanks!

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    oze9mgg0k027.jpg

Missing the following weigh-ins for this week (incl today):
    @Be_theBest_Me
    @jennifersusanmcdougall
    @leni1us
    @Yukie_OP
    @DreaRN15

Please report in today as tomorrow's stats start EARLY! Thanks!

Steppers, look at the chart and catch me up on any empty spaces you see please. Thanks!
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    znp8fzsip1uv.jpg

Now taking sign ups for our monthly Step Challenge. Simply post a message here asking to join, include your first name for the chart, set a daily step goal you'd like to reach AND tell me your current favorite place to walk. That's all that's needed! Then, every 1-3 days, post your steps icluding the date so there's no confusion and I'll keep the chart updated.

At the end of each month, I will post the step winner for each week and the overall top three for the month! It's a nice way to have a friendly competition going and keeps us all motivated to keep it moving!

Join us!
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    hipari wrote: »
    Hipari
    Saturday
    PW 236.2
    CW 234.3

Yeah, I’ll take it. We’ll see what happens next week, though. I had a major sushi feast yesterday and last time I had sushi I was up for several days, and it definitely reflected on my trendweight. Yesterday was a prime example of what happens when three very hungry people start ordering a dinner delivery and also have a large gift card for the delivery service. I also have a sushi date agreed for next Thursday.

@hipari I need your steps from Jan 16th to present please. Thanks!
    Jess
  • CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 510 Member
    @izzyred9400 thank you for the kind words. Having a child with mental illness often comes with a lot of outside judgement.
    @jessicakrall8 I’ll be sure to take lots of pictures. We will do our best to stay safe. We are double vaccinated and boosted. I need to get away from this cold winter.
  • jessicakrall8
    @izzyred9400 thank you for the kind words. Having a child with mental illness often comes with a lot of outside judgement.
    @jessicakrall8 I’ll be sure to take lots of pictures. We will do our best to stay safe. We are double vaccinated and boosted. I need to get away from this cold winter.

In that case, @CasandraW , can I carry your luggage? I promise to stay out of the way and just soak up some sunshine too!!! LOL Have fun and relax...you deserve it!!
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    I already finished my workout for today, but then found this one that's a walking workout, with a timer, shows number of steps and seems to be simple...love Whitney Houston, so looking forward to this one! Thought I'd share:

Enjoy!
    Jessica
This discussion has been closed.