Flying in to February Accountability Thread

New thread!

Those of you on Garmin: I create weekly step challenges on Garmin Connect. Anyone wants to join, add me and I'll add you.

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/profile/43da3029-e339-4869-abd4-b366a1e93925

Replies

• tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    February Goals - Beast phase 2 (BULK) plus 3 doubles days (Beast Total Body at 5# weights, so more like cardio than weights), 1200 cals 5 days/week, 1600 cals 2 days/week (or 2K cals 1 day per week)...

Start weight - 160.0
    Start waist - 30.5"

I'm going to aim for a weekly check in, maybe twice a week since I'm kind of terrible at remembering...not daily, but at least weekly...
  • Go_Deskercise
    Go_Deskercise Posts: 1,630 Member
    February Goal: Under 145
    Ultimate Goal: 130

5’4” 35

02/01: 147.0
  • wunderkindking
    wunderkindking Posts: 1,615 Member
    5'5"
    44 years old
    CW: 126
    Goal weight: 120-125

Last week was a wild one. I gained and then dropped 6lbs of water weight over that week so. Mostly just letting this ride out, getting back to my norm and seeing where things go.
  • Go_Deskercise
    February Goal: Under 145 *Changing goal to under 142*

5’4” 35

02/02: 145.4
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,983 Member
    No particular February goals other than stick with my "win the day" critical task list each day. every day.

5'7", 43 years old

Starting Weight 1/3/22: 155.8
    GW: ~128-132ish

2/2/22: 150.8

Today was one of my lower weigh ins, but scale has been moving again since adjusting my calories, so I was clearly just eating a tad too much and had, indeed, set that limit based on a TDEE average including exercise. Thankfully it hasn't been too horrible for the extra cut back - most days anyways lol
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Start weight - 160.0
    Start waist - 30.5"

Today's checkup
    weight - 158.6
    waist - 29.75"

some of this quick drop is likely due to monthly water/bloat that was still in play, but it's still super nice to see the metrics move in a positive direction
  • wunderkindking
    wunderkindking Posts: 1,615 Member
    5'5"
    44 years old
    CW: 126
    Goal weight: 120-125

Last week was a wild one. I gained and then dropped 6lbs of water weight over that week so. Mostly just letting this ride out, getting back to my norm and seeing where things go.

2-3: 123.9

I think I'm back to my actual baseline now. LOL.
  • JBanx256
    JBanx256 Posts: 1,470 Member
    k8richer wrote: »
    Instead of Dry February, I'll call it Fry February. I know you all want to join me in my fight against fries. 🍟 😏

how about Fry-less February?

Methinks "Fry February" implies an abundance of fries. Like Wine Wednesday :) LOL

FWIW, no fries for me this month either. currently 5 weeks in to a 10-week cut, so....yeah. no fries.

• k8richly
    k8richly Posts: 266 Member
    5'3" 48yr

Eventual GW a buff 125lbs
    Feb GW 129, maybe 128?

Feb 3 - 130
    Feb 6 - 129.8

LOL Fryless February is definitely what I meant, it just didn't have the same ring! I was good fry-wise this week - yay! And I am mostly Wineless every night - I only have a drink with dinner to be polite to my inlaws once a week or less.

@JBanx256 can you share about the cut you are doing? How strict or severe is it and are you prepping for something? Do you find it tough? If I have excess to cut it is the occasional sweet (chocolate, cookies) and salty (chips, fries) treats. I never gorge on them, but I do indulge from time to time. And of course the occasional large portion where I just overate.

My strength training is going well - slowly ramping up and feeling good plus cardio (soccer, runs, powerwalks, skating).

Have a great fit week all!
  • JBanx256
    My strength training is going well - slowly ramping up and feeling good plus cardio (soccer, runs, powerwalks, skating).

Are you just lifting in general or do you have particular strength-based goals?

• JBanx256
    Are you just lifting in general or do you have particular strength-based goals?

I am a varsity team sports type of athlete (soccer, hockey, field hockey, track) and so my fitness and workouts have always been in support or pursuit of better performance on the field. I run, I lift, i do intervals. So when I lift, it's not to get ripped or bulked up but to be faster, stronger and not get injured. But I love definition because....who doesn't? 😉

[/quote]

I actually got into lifting in college because I was playing hockey on a men's team. I was gonna be the smallest/weakest on the ice regardless but figured I ought to do whatever I could to at least get closer to the guys in that regard. Of course I had NO IDEA what I was doing at the time so I really made no progress in any sense of the word, basically just took up space/oxygen at the gym, but it got me into it at least!

• Go_Deskercise
    February Goal: Under 145 *Changing goal to under 142*

5’4” 35

02/02: 145.4
    02/09: Back from vacation in the Bahamas and I plan on weighing in tonight or tomorrow

*Next up: Hawaii in May!!!
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,983 Member
    5'7", 43 years old
    Starting Weight 1/3/22: 155.8
    GW: ~128-132ish

2/2/22: 150.8
    2/9/22: 149.4

Happy to see the continued progress, just chipping away at things - have a lot in my life that needs work, so just hitting that critical task list every day and making sure those needles are nudged daily!