Options
    IDebraK
    Weigh In: Saturday
    Starting weight: 159
    PW: 124.8
    CW: 122.4
    Goal Weight: 122
    Goal Zone: 118-126

Glad to see the scale go back down to close to that go back to almost goal "number". Still in the zone so I'm happy with that. I try not get too tied up on a number, but it's a mindset that is hard to break.

Steps this week
    Sat: 7528
    Sun: 9865
    Mon: 19131
    Tues: 16741
    Wed: 19469
    Thurs: 17198
    Fri: 3537

After this week at work, I feel like I've been run over twice and left for dead. I think I've said before, I'm a merchandiser for Tractor Supply. We are setting spring. I work in 2 different stores, giving each 20 hours each week. For some reason, store planning decided to load 67 hours for one store and 82 hours for the other. I'm not sure how they expected a miracle, but getting help from other stores, we managed to pull it off.

Best health advice I've ever been given:
    You can't outrun your fork.
  • MotylekOkruchy
    MotylekOkruchy Posts: 196 Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    MotylekOkruchy
    Saturday
    PW: 136.7
    CW: 135.1

I am surprised by this "loss" and expecting a correction next week since it is way out of my pattern over several past months, which is on average half a pound a week. Although I admit, I've been trying hard to stay close to my calorie limit before adjustment for exercise/steps. I haven't been able to stay within but not as much above as even a month ago. But it's HARD. I've been also trying not to eat in the evening, after 5 or so. I tend to overeat in the evenings, just can't stop. So, several hungry evenings but that might have resulted in the number I got this morning. Notice that even skipping eating in the evening I still was above my calorie limit?

The best medical advice ever I received from my son's doctor on the first office visit after my son was born. He was just 4 days old and I was sleep deprived for 5 nights (on top of pregnancy sleep deprivation). The doctor told me:
    You have to take care of yourself in the first place because you won't be able to take care of your baby or anybody/anything else otherwise.

It took me a while to believe him and start following his advise. :)

• jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,107 Member
    Options
    The February Week 3 Group Challenge is open and ready to begin tomorrow, Sunday, Feb. 13th...this week we spend some time focusing on self-care because there's ONLY ONE YOU!! You can put yourself first and STILL be an AWESOME person!!! Join us, will you?!! See you tomorrow!

Here's your link:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10856371/february-week-3-group-challenge-self-care-bingo#latest

Jessica :smile:
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,316 Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Melaniedscott
    Saturday weigh-in
    PW: 220
    CW: 220

I'm estimating a tiny bit as I drank ~ a liter of water before I weighed (was really thirsty). Probably the best medical advice I've been given was to not skip meds...and they're right as a week and a half ago I got lazy about irrigating my sinuses for a couple days and last weekend was a misery as a result. I can't think of any weight loss advice a doctor has given me...they just say I should.

I've been a bit of a trash panda this weekend. Sigh. I'm playing with the idea that sometimes when I think I'm hungry I'm really just tired and need a nap. This, of course, does not help at work.
  • timibotkin
    timibotkin Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Timibotkin
    Saturday
    PW 303.4
    CW 300.2
    I had a great week with food, but exercise wasn’t as good. Maybe one week I’ll be able to do both successfully!
  • JMNagain
    JMNagain Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    JMNagain
    Meant to be Friday! This week got away from me. But I did weigh on Friday
    PW 231.9
    CW 225.3!!!!!

Ridiculous. That's all the holiday bloating disappearing off. Am presuming this week I might go back up a little. I haven't moved much either (will be disappearing off that leaderboard for steps for sure!!)

My steps were:
    Sun: 5568 (in isolation waiting for a covid test result after travelling)
    Mon: 8477 (just lazy)
    Tue: 9614 (so lazy)
    Wed: 10,072 (made myself walk for half an hour after dinner to get there)
    Thurs: 9578 (lazy and a bit drunk, couldn't manage another 400!)
    Fri: 10,488 (better)
    Sat: 13,807 (lazy day but ran in the evening. Felt soooo much better!)
    Total: 67,604

Disappointing, but glad I got near 10,000 average despite so many lazy days. From today I'm setting my watch to a target of 12,000 to try and up my average a bit, and will be logging my food far more regularly. I'm not good at logging everything! But I really like the 'you can't outrun your fork' comment, so that's my new mantra! And less alcohol. This week I've had a drink or two three times, that's too much for me. So one lot of alcohol per week is the plan for the rest of the month.

• timibotkin
    timibotkin Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    @IDebraK I feel your pain with all of the resets. I'm an MSM @ Lowe's, and they have overloaded us with spring resets. The hours assigned to the tasks are insane. They have actually assigned several tasks 0 hours because they know they overloaded us. It's so frustrating, and I'm also down 7 people at the moment.
  • thenextloser135
    thenextloser135 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    thenextloser135
    Sunday
    PW 244
    CW 239
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    giphy.gif?cid=790b7611cb24cef7b63965dfa250cdec6a4f0c0a5b5eb8c5&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

We have accomplished great things so far in the month of February! You should be proud of all you've accomplished. You can even see some numbers about those accomplishments in the link below!

Here's a sneak peek of how your (our!) team did...

5nqjmhldwbs3.png
  • MotylekOkruchy
    MotylekOkruchy Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    MotylekOkruchy

steps:
    Sunday: 18932
    Monday: 14819
    Tuesday: 13241
    Wednesday: 13536
    Thursday: 15727
    Friday: 16995
    Saturday: 19259
  • JMNagain
    JMNagain Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    giphy.gif?cid=790b7611cb24cef7b63965dfa250cdec6a4f0c0a5b5eb8c5&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

We have accomplished great things so far in the month of February! You should be proud of all you've accomplished. You can even see some numbers about those accomplishments in the link below!

Here's a sneak peek of how your (our!) team did...

5nqjmhldwbs3.png

Wooohoooo! Pleased with that!
  • mxlaw90
    mxlaw90 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Mxlaw90
    Monday Weigh In
    PW 143 lbs
    CW 142.6 lbs
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,063 Member
    Options
    Steps..

Sun- 13,725
    Mon- 14,623
    Tues- 9,283
    Wed- 8,254
    Thurs- 7,575
    Fri- 10,264
    Sat- 18,634
  • EDTake2
    EDTake2 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Username: EDTake2
    Weigh In Day: Monday
    PW (Previous Weight): 207.8
    CW (Current Weight): 205.8

This past week i have been doing the YouTube videos from growwithjo. They are relatively easy exercises to do, but do get the heart pumping and i get my 10,000 steps in. What has really made my week, is that my oldest daughter has started doing the video exercises with me, YAY!!! My kids are one of the reason i am on this weight loss/health journey. I wanted to be an example for them of a healthy lifestyle, and its working :)

Happy Valentines Day Everyone!!! Wishing you all a healthy and happy one!!
  • samuel860
    samuel860 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    samuel860
    Tuesday weigh in
    Week: 3
    PW: 213.6
    CW: 212.3
    Had my first run in a year
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    Options
    I'm going to have to either weigh in later this week, or just excuse myself. There have been quite a few very stressful occurrences the past couple days, and I completely blanked on weighing in this morning.

Totally Unrelated Pro-Tip: If you're making an important phone call that may end up costing someone a ton of money, leave a message if they don't pick up, especially if you're calling from a number they will not recognize.
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    Day 1 of radiation went well except for the nausea and vomiting a few hours later. Needless to say, I did not eat a lot all day so the scale dropped a couple points overnight. No I will not count that. Back for day #2 and on.
  • seltzer_lover
    seltzer_lover Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Hey there - I'm going to need to be excused from weighing in this week. It's been a doozy.
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    Options
    ~ Steps Challenge ~

Hey folks, welcome to our Week Two Step Challenge Results!

Team Statistics
    Steppers: 4
    Total Steps: 355,940
    Average Steps Per Person: 88,985

Leaderboard
    @MotylekOkruchy - 112,509 total | 16,073 average - Most Consistent!
    @IDebraK - 93,469 total | 13,353 average - Most Steps in One Day!
    @ljdanny - 82,358 total | 11,765 average
    @JMNagain - 67,604 total | 9,658 average

We had a small team this week, but look at those step counts! For those of you who do not participate in the step challenge, consider trying it out for a week. Sometimes just knowing that you're participating in something is enough motivation to do better than you'd ever expect. And all it takes is once to prove that to yourself.

• melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    pacsnc6 wrote: »
    Day 1 of radiation went well except for the nausea and vomiting a few hours later. Needless to say, I did not eat a lot all day so the scale dropped a couple points overnight. No I will not count that. Back for day #2 and on.

That sounds pretty terrible. Hang in there and take care!
This discussion has been closed.