Goals for 2/13:
    Steps: 2,914
    Cals: 1,103
    Carbs: 48g
    Water: 152.1
  • taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 818 Member
    2/11-2/14
    I’m feeling some burnout with logging so skipped some dinners the last few days. Overall, I’ve done well of only eating when hungry then got crazy yesterday with over eating after dinner. Felt miserable afterwards but I’m sure I didn’t learn my lesson. I’m trying to tune into why and really think it comes down to boredom. Now to redirect to something more productive when this strikes at 8pm.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,948 Member
    Scale is same. Been pretty dang busy running the oldest son around. Sheeeeeesh. Just keeping my head down, nose to the grindstone and KCKO.
  • NYPhotographer2021
    NYPhotographer2021 Posts: 506 Member
    2022 ~ Feb 16 ~ 168.8 lbs

Starting weight: 8/26/21 - 214 lbs
    9/30/21 - 204.6 lbs
    10/31/21 - 194.0 lbs
    11/30/21 - 185.8 lbs
    12/31/21 - 179.4 lbs
    1/31/22 - 176.2 lbs

February 2022 Goals: Get down to 170 or lower
    Overall Goal: 150 lbs or lower
  • maureli
    maureli Posts: 722 Member
    Good morning
    A beautiful day here today, all white and the sun is out. -13C....Brrrr. I did not get for my walk yesterday, had planned to take my sons dog for a walk but it was just too cold and windy. Too much snow to trudge through (although that would have made it a great workout). But, we did play outside a bit. Today I'll get a workout in, just not sure what it will be.
    I know some say not to weigh in everyday but I do. I am down 1lb since Sunday....hopefully can keep this trend going. I do fine all day....its after supper that I struggle.
    I got a ninja foodie for Christmas and have been having a lot of fun experimenting with that. Made some really good cauliflower-fried rice in it. I think I'll make another batch today.

Hope you all have a good day. Got to get my water in today.
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,574 Member
    For 2/15/22
    SW 170
    CW 168.5
    GW 167

Daily plank challenge ✔
    80 oz water daily ✔
    Under 60 carbs daily✔
    Movement ✔ strength and indoor bike
    Meal prep-❌ all I want to make is snacks or dessert so will refrain for now

Virtual workout pal bailed on me Monday and Tuesday so I did my own anyway last night. My adult kids are coming for dinner tonight and making them tortellini. I will pass on the pasta and make myself some chicken but leave room in my macros for a slice of italian bread.

P.S. No change in measurements which was a downer. Maybe I'll see something in two weeks.
  • maureli
    taylok23 wrote: »
    2/11-2/14
    I’m trying to tune into why and really think it comes down to boredom. Now to redirect to something more productive when this strikes at 8pm.

I am exactly the same. If it weren't for evenings I'd be all set. :/

• Americanbabydoll
    Americanbabydoll Posts: 1,255 Member
    Highest Weight 05/22/19: 276.8
    Starting Weight 10/31/21: 258.6

Feb Weight 2/1/22: 234.8
    End of Feb Goal 2/28/22: 230.0
    2/16: 229.2

Numbers for Yesterday:
    Steps: 3,207
    Cals: 1,121
    Carbs: 52g
    Water: 152.1
  • melmerritt33
    melmerritt33 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Did a half hour on the exercise bike today. Feeling ok, no dizziness or anything. Been drinking a glass of goats milk every day for the last few days. I definitely feel better and it doesn’t seem to be causing any increased congestion or mucous.

Also, an interesting development. I’ve suspected I have lactose intolerance for years and have been using a lactase supplement when I eat dairy. I never really narrowed down whether the lactose was the problem or not because the lactase helped but of course I was still having problems. Yesterday I drank the goats milk without any lactase. I have none of the gastric symptoms I would expect to get. So I’m now wondering if I don’t have an actual lactose intolerance or if the level of lactose is the issue. I know that goats milk has less lactose in so that could be part of it. But I also haven’t tried eating dairy without lactase since I went carnivore so I could have been reacting to something else and now that’s gone I don’t actually need lactase anymore to digest dairy. Interesting.
  • NYPhotographer2021
    2022 ~ Feb 17 ~ 167.6 lbs

9/30/21 - 204.6 lbs
    10/31/21 - 194.0 lbs
    11/30/21 - 185.8 lbs
    12/31/21 - 179.4 lbs
    1/31/22 - 176.2 lbs

• maureli
    Morning all
    Just sitting here enjoying my morning coffee and carbonaut raisin toast. The scale is slowly showing progress. I am gradually picking up my game each day I guess.
    Will get some sort of strength workout in today, got a run on the treadmill in yesterday.
    WATER WATER WATER

I am curious as to what carnivore is. I know it means meat...but do you eat anything at all other than meat? Always interested in trying new things.
  • Americanbabydoll
    Americanbabydoll Posts: 1,255 Member
    Highest Weight 05/22/19: 276.8
    Starting Weight 10/31/21: 258.6

Feb Weight 2/1/22: 234.8
    End of Feb Goal 2/28/22: 230.0
    2/17: 228.2

Numbers for Yesterday:
    Steps: 2,887
    Cals: 1,043
    Carbs: 41g
    Water: 135.2
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    I LOVE that you keep these going!!
  • baconslave
    edited February 2022
    maureli wrote: »
    Morning all
    Just sitting here enjoying my morning coffee and carbonaut raisin toast. The scale is slowly showing progress. I am gradually picking up my game each day I guess.
    Will get some sort of strength workout in today, got a run on the treadmill in yesterday.
    WATER WATER WATER

I am curious as to what carnivore is. I know it means meat...but do you eat anything at all other than meat? Always interested in trying new things.

Carnivores either eat all meat, or they eat mostly meat and/or animal products. So some do dairy and eggs.

There's a Carnivore support private group I help mod, let me know if you are interested in poking around.
  • baconslave
    SW: 185.8 (Jan 3rd weight)
    Feb 1 weight: 181.2
    CW: 179.0 :love:
    GW Feb: 177.2
    UGW: 165

I am not going to hit my goal. It was a long shot anyway. But progress is progress.
    I lose so stinking slow anymore. It is what it is.

Busy busy-ness for me today. Have to figure out how to eat one-handed from Wendy's and keep it keto tonight. :grimace: Off to snoop about and KCKO
  • melmerritt33
    melmerritt33 Posts: 1,044 Member
    maureli wrote: »
    Morning all
    WATER WATER WATER

As baconslave posted, it’s mostly meat or meat eggs and dairy. Carnivore is essentially just animal foods, no plants as food. There are variations on it though, you can be more relaxed and have dairy, seasonings etc or you can be really strict and have just meat and water only.

I’ve found a more relaxed style works for me. I eat meat, fish, eggs and dairy. I drink coffee and even a little alcohol twice a week. I use herbs and spices but never eat any fruit or veg, absolutely no sugar other than what’s in the dairy I eat.

I’m having some issues with dairy but don’t feel good when I cut it out completely so am trying out goat dairy and also just found some sheep yogurt to try!

I’m a regular poster in the carnivore group if anyone is interested in visiting there and trying it out.

I have had issues with it for which some people would say it’s not working and I should give up but I’m so glad I didn’t. I just have had such awful health over the years that it took some figuring out what I actually needed to get better, After just five months of refusing to give up and working it out every time I hit a problem I’ve recovered my health so much that I don’t think I will never go back, carnivore for life lol!

Did 30 minutes on the exercise bike today, actually managed a longer stretch of moderate activity so what I’m doing seems to be helping my body with the exercise, feeling good about this.
  • NYPhotographer2021
    baconslave wrote: »
    SW: 185.8 (Jan 3rd weight)
    Feb 1 weight: 181.2
    CW: 179.0 :love:
    GW Feb: 177.2
    UGW: 165

I am not going to hit my goal. It was a long shot anyway. But progress is progress.
    I lose so stinking slow anymore. It is what it is.

Busy busy-ness for me today. Have to figure out how to eat one-handed from Wendy's and keep it keto tonight. :grimace: Off to snoop about and KCKO

You can do it. You've lost 2 pounds since the 1st, and you only need 2 pounds by the end of the month. Don't give up, not such a long shot. Here's praying you get a 2 pound Whoosh next week!! Or more!
  • taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 818 Member
    2/15-2/16
    I let my saboteur order dinner that I picked up and found he’d ordered appetizers and dessert. My entree was delicious and one appetizer was low carb so I cut myself slack and just ate. The scale dropped a bit this morning and lead to a really good day of eating when hungry and stopping when I was satisfied. Why can’t every day be like that?? I’m up in weight and have to remind myself that I’ve upped my weights by about 30% over the last month. Then I chuckle that maybe I’m bulking and will cut in a few weeks. I’m just going to go with the flow and see if I can make intuitive eating at relatively low carb a habit.
  • NYPhotographer2021
    2022 ~ Feb 18 ~ 167.6 lbs

9/30/21 - 204.6 lbs
    10/31/21 - 194.0 lbs
    11/30/21 - 185.8 lbs
    12/31/21 - 179.4 lbs
    1/31/22 - 176.2 lbs

I had a very stressful day at work yesterday, therefore I did not choose very wisely in the food department. I was almost afraid to step on the scale this morning, but am very relieved that I neither gained nor lost. I can get back on it today and hopefully tomorrow's weigh-in will be good.

TGIFFF!!! I need this weekend to recoup!