Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - February 2022

Options

Replies

• minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    50o0fkq6cxap.png

Congrats on completing yet another week of the Fat2Fit Challenge! You can find the results of the past week by clicking on the link below:

Here's a sneak peek into how your team did...

vsrte2i47vob.png
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,055 Member
    Options
    Hi MS .... You have a new member joining you .. Please welcome @walela617 :)
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @bgame4 Yay I’m so glad that you are in the Spring Challenge. I really feel that it will help us focus more on our goals if we do this together and stay consistent with posting how we are doing.

@laurelfit57 It sounds like you have a good plan for both birthdays. Enjoy yourself in moderation and then get right back on track. Chinese always jumps my weight up a couple of days but drinking your water is the key to getting rid of it. Have fun!

@Katmary71 I’m glad that your nephew is getting some help. He needs help to understand that putting that much pressure on himself is not healthy. Sounds like you are all on top of the situation so I’m sure he will come out of it just fine. 😊 Firehouse subs are super good but yes they are high-calorie. Oh, and it’s the same challenge. I started the Spring Challenge on Feb 18th and that was 30 days until the first day of spring.

@trooworld So glad that you had a good time with your friend and stayed in control with your eating. I love that you and your husband do art together! I assume you are better at it. :grin:

@walela617 Welcome to the team, Carole!! It is a pleasure to meet you and I love that you are motivated to take control of your health. You will find us a VERY welcoming group who are here to share, encourage, and lift one another up. So jump right in and make yourself at home! :)

Hi Team! Today has been a good day. I’m not sure if I mentioned that I stepped down from teaching the kids in Sunday school. It was a hard decision, but I felt with everything going on with Joe it was necessary. So, I’m with the grown-ups now loving it! :grin: After church, I cleaned all the floors and totally dusted the living room. We have a new sectional and coffee table coming on Tuesday, so I wanted everything ready for its arrival. I’m super excited to be getting a new and much-needed look. I did well on my goals today and plan to do even better tomorrow. :)

30 Day Spring Challenge, Day Three:
    1)Weigh every day Weight 189.0 This is most likely from restarting the weight lifting yesterday.
    2)NO sugar or snacking between meals I did not have any sugar or snacks
    3)30 minutes of exercise or physical activity Swept, vacuumed, and mopped the whole house!
    2022 Word: INTENTIONAL
  • bgame4
    bgame4 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Thank you again for your supportive comments and encouragement. This group is incredible! I had a great day, which is a nice turnaround from the past couple of weeks. Our weather here in Iowa was beautiful today (54 degrees and sunny) and 40 degrees warmer than yesterday when we went to a kite festival out on an ice-covered lake. It was fun but very cold.

30 Day Spring Challenge, Day Two (2/20) - morning routine:
    1. Get up right away (no Snooze or laying in bed telling myself I need to get up in two minutes) ✅
    2. Drink a glass of water as soon as I get up ✅
    3. Eat breakfast ✅
    4. Take supplements and brush teeth ✅
    5. 5 minutes of meditation ✅
    6. Exercise (any intentional physical activity) ✅ - bodyweight exercise in AM and 30-minute walk outside in the afternoon
    7. Take a shower ✅
  • FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    My Spring Challenge commitment is:

1) Read for 30 minutes a day or use my Scroll Saw = I made a Butterfly; I'm practicing on easy stuff.
    2) Move at least 30 minutes a day or walk 3000 steps. I did 3 loads of laundry and changed the sheets, plus my normal daily stuff. I will reach 3000 steps before bedtime.
    3) Weigh everyday - 171.5, it would be nice if this is next Tuesday's weight. I'm trying to be at 169 by the end of this month.
    zp8xe1boak5s.png

Welcome new member @walela617 this is a wonderful place to be with very supportive people who help each other out without judgement.

Congrats to :smile:
    r1herd6c4i1t.png
    For making on the leader board!! Woohoo, well done!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    @trooworld So glad your visit went well!

@laurelfit57 @Mom24_2021 @fatfifties way to go team!

@walela617 Welcome Carole, we're happy to have you!

@TeresaW1020 Sounds like church and cleaning kept you busy today, I hope you show us your new furniture!

@bgame4 Holy cow, huge change in weather! I'm so glad you had a great day! I think warmer weather definitely helps but it could just be because I'm busier then.

@FushiaKat That butterfly is awesome!

Hi gang! Well I made my meditation every night and no soda commitment, put my computer away and read my book and fell asleep, I totally forgot last night! I did it tonight and avoided soda today, the thought went through my head to get a Diet Pepsi but I couldn't fail both so soon! It's going to rain tomorrow so all the seedlings are inside but I busted Asher standing on top of the plants that are on the grow table, no wonder there's plants on the floor every other morning and a bunch of missing leaves! I shooed them out of the room and closed the door, no killing innocent seedlings! Have a great Monday everyone!
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Quick pop in. Sorry I don't feel like talking much. Thank all of you for your kind words and support. The vet made a tweak to the dogs treatment. It was a last ditch effort and neither of us were too hopeful it would help. But it did. He's actually feeling a little better and it's nice to see him doing some of the cute things he wasn't able to do when his energy was low. He's getting spoiled pretty badly too. :) It won't last and I've got to be honest that the roller coaster is kind of getting to me. It is what it is and the only way out of this is through it. The kids have returned to school.

I love the challenge idea. I'm going to start today.

1. I will start each day by reminding myself of all the people who are supporting me right now. That's a blessing.
    2. I will eat lots of vegetables daily.
    3. When I feel like eating emotionally, I will use distractions and relaxation before resorting to food.

Have a good Monday!

Lisa
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,080 Member
    Options
    19shmoo69
    Sunday
    P. W. 276
    C. W. 276
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,884 Member
    Options
    @laurelfit57 @Mom24_2021 @fatfifties Congrats on making it onto the leaderboard!

@walela617 Hi and welcome to the team! I'm so glad you joined. We love pics of pets around here, so if you get a chance, post a pic of Mimichou please!

@TeresaW1020 Thanks! LOL he's pretty good but I'm the one that is entering and getting shows for my art work. ;) It sounds like you had a great day. Congrats on the new sectional! Congrats on the loss!!!

@bgame4 I'm glad you had some nice weather to enjoy. Looks like you had a fantastic day! Woo hoo!

@FushiaKat Cool butterfly!

@Katmary71 Thank you! That's funny about Asher lol.

@Cornanda I'm so glad your doggy is feeling a little better. I hope it continues to help him. Those are good goals for the challenge but I have a question: what is a lot of veggies to you? Maybe you should be more specific? They always say to make S.M.A.R.T. goals.

Hi all. Today should be fun: I have the day off for President's day. I'm going to a winery with my husband and SIL. The place where we are going serves wine slushies and I am definitely going to try one of those! :D We are having lunch at the winery's restaurant. I haven't looked at the menu yet but will shortly.

1) Exercise 3 days a week - rest day yesterday
    2) Drink 50 oz of water a day - only drank 25 oz :(

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Hi MS ... You have another new member joining you ... Please welcome @Glombog :)
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    Username: Jactop
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Heaviest Weight: 225
    PW: 198.8
    CW:196.6
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @bgame Look at all those green checkmarks! Spring is coming! :grin:

@FushiaKat That butterfly is gorgeous! What do you do with your creations? You need an Etsy store if you don’t have one. :)

@Katmary71 Great job on saying no to Diet Pepsi! Maybe getting it out of your sight for the rest of this challenge would help keep the temptation away. Ohhh that rotten Asher! He just wants to be a gardener like his mom. :D

@Cornanda That is wonderful that the vet had a tweak that seems to have perked your baby up. Prayers that he continues to improve. Yes, start doing the challenge today! It is already helping me to stay more focused and it will for you too. <3

@trooworld Wine slushies sound exactly like something I need to try! I hope you have a blast! :grin:

@Jactop Great weight loss this week! :)

Hi Team! Today has been a pretty good day. I did my workout this morning and then went to the office so that I don’t have to go in tomorrow since my new furniture is arriving. I was happy that my weight was down but it’s still up for the month. :/ The next-door neighbor had his big tree in his front yard chopped down. Those with dogs can appreciate how much fun that has been today. :# They found a baby kitten in the Walmart parking lot. A nice lady had already claimed the dirty little thing, but I did get in some snuggles. Now I want a kitty but Joe said no. :'(

30 Day Spring Challenge, Day Four:
    1)Weigh every day Weight 188.4
    2)NO sugar or snacking between meals There were three mini blueberry muffins left at church and I caved and had them with my protein shake. So technically I did have sugar. BUT since it was part of breakfast and my lunch I don’t count it as snacking. :p
    3)30 minutes of exercise or physical activity LIIFT4, week 2, shoulders
    2022 Word: INTENTIONAL
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Two more new members are joining your team ..... Please welcome @nanatreeandotto & @micaroo4
  • Slimmersixties
    Slimmersixties Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Fatfifties (lis)
    Weigh in day monday

Current weight 225 lb
    Previous weight 225lb
    Loss this week 0 lb

Loss this month 3.8lb
  • bgame4
    bgame4 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    30 Day Spring Challenge, Day Three (2/21):
    1. Get up right away (no Snooze or laying in bed telling myself I need to get up in two minutes) ✅
    2. Drink a glass of water as soon as I get up ✅
    3. Eat breakfast ✅
    4. Take supplements and brush teeth ✅
    5. 5 minutes of meditation ✅
    6. Exercise (any intentional physical activity before leaving for work) ✖ - I took a short walk later over my lunch break.
    7. Take a shower ✅
  • askewcr
    askewcr Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Greetings Everyone!
    I've been out of town so I haven't been writing. Hope everyone's weekend was wonderful. I went to check on my step mom and spend time with her. It was super nice. Sometimes you just gotta take care of family. Have a wonderful rest of the week everyone! Now time to get back on track. Let's go get it! B)
  • FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 516 Member
    edited February 2022
    Options

1) Read for 30 minutes a day or use my Scroll Saw = I read All Creatures Great and Small today.
    2) Move at least 30 minutes a day or walk 3000 steps. I was up and about with normal house stuff, cooking and spot cleaned the Cat Deck.
    3) Weigh everyday - 170.25, it would be nice if this is Tuesday's weight. I'm trying to be at 169 by the end of this month.

Tomorrow I go for a checkup with the Cardiologist, I want him to remove Congestive Heart Failure from my chart. Then Wednesday I get my teeth cleaned. Thursday, I talk to my shrink.

I've made a bunch of stuff with my scroll saw; I need to clean them up and paint some of them. But mostly I just like playing with the wood. I was reading that I can use fabric dyes to dye some of them, I might give that a try. That butterfly was hard the pattern was for thinner wood and they wouldn't lock together, so I had to cut more wood off and make them fit, but I don't know how to make them stand up. My next project is a Sunflower.

@TeresaW1020 how exciting to be getting new furniture! And I'm glad Joe is doing better.

@Cornanda I'm glad your fur baby is doing a little better, it's so hard to lose them but the love and joy that they bring can be long remembered after they are gone. Silly suggestion: Maybe dress him up and take some cute pictures of him.

@askewcr I'm glad you got to spend some time with your family. I'm glad to see you back.

@Jactop Woohoo Congratulations on the loss!! Well done!

@trooworld I've never had a wine slushie, I hope it was yummy.

@Katmary71 Poor Seedling's. Animals just can't resist dirt and plants too. Every time my husband gets me flowers, one our cat's pulls the vase full of water and flowers onto the carpet. I have to keep them in the living room where they don't have access, but I do miss looking at them.

@bgame4 Those are great 30-day challenge goals, and it looks like you're keeping up with most of them.
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Spring challenge- drank 64+ ounces today😎
This discussion has been closed.