Tuesday 22nd - 8227
    Wednesday 23rd - 8446
    Thursday 24th - 4986
    Friday 25th - 9660
    Saturday 26th - 17770
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    So I paid for a year of something called Supernatural (not the TV show). It's an Oculus fitness program, with rhythm game-like workouts directed by an assortment of different personal trainers. There's also a ton of stretches and some meditation and stuff.

I miss the gym. I miss weights. Mostly I miss feeling like the gym was safe space. But this is helping.

Aside from how I keep running into the walls.
  • deniners2
    deniners2 Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Hmmm. I totally should have posted while I was on the rampage. Even though @jugar encouraged me last week by saying I had lost each week, I still chose to eat more. I plan to be back on track this week. Everything is planned & packaged for success.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,213 Member
    Options
    deniners2 wrote: »
    Hmmm. I totally should have posted while I was on the rampage. Even though @jugar encouraged me last week by saying I had lost each week, I still chose to eat more. I plan to be back on track this week. Everything is planned & packaged for success.

Weirdly enough, succeeding makes it easy to think we "deserve" to eat more. This happens most easily when we lose too much or too fast, or don't take a plateau when we need one. If you are suddenly hungry ALL the time, or cannot stick to your plan no matter what, it might be a good time for a plateau. This can be one week with no loss, or maybe two if your losing streak has been a bit longer. The hard part is making it a plateau and not a rebound! You LOST 6.5 pounds in February. Then you bounced back 1.5 pounds. That is not a net failure! Now it is time to settle down.

Settle down. Take a deep breath. Stay where you are for the next week. Track. Don't worry about losing. The rampage is over. It is so good that you are planned and packaged for this coming week - but try not to lose much. It will work out better over the entire month to come. You did well in February, and you can do well in March! Aim for no more than 1 pound a week and see if that goes better. Hugs to you!
  • jugar
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm Kellie and I live in Alberta, Canada. My birthday is on Wednesday and it'll be two years since I've seen my twin @bonnie_red . I'm nearing the end of my contract position (ends at the end of April). I'm doing my MSc and it's supposed to be done at the end of December, but my supervisor gave my project to someone else and won't respond to my emails. My husband is pretty miserable with his job and I was hoping at this point in our lives that I could be the breadwinner and he could have some time to explore his hobbies. Basically, I'm stressed all the time.

I have mental health issues that are drastically improves by exercise and healthy eating. I've been quarantining because of possible COVID and haven't be able to get to the gym, which has sucked.

I'm glad it's March though, looking forward to things warming up. Hopefully I can also get my butt in gear and actually lose some weight this month

I hope you get to see your twin soon :heart: - it is hard not to see our sisters, and it must be even harder when you are twins. You have been going through a tough and crazy time, but the most important thing you can try to do, as you said, is support yourself through exercise and wonderful healthy food. If you don't lose, don't worry - you can still get more healthy and move more. Let us know what 2-3 things you can track daily this month that will help that happen. We'll be there with you!
  • jugar
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    My three numbers for the week:

25g fibre minimum per day. 30 preferred.
    1200 net calories for the whole week. I'm perilously just over my top maintenance weight. Ack!
    3 strength workouts and 4 Pilates for the week. More Pilates OK!

SUNDAY -
    27g fibre
    1200 net with room to spare
    1 Pilates
  • BlissfulK
    BlissfulK Posts: 417 Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Pw: 145

Cw: 139.2

It’s very easy to add exercise, food, and status on our feeds. Is there an easy way to access groups like posting on our feed on the mobile app? The only way I know now is to click on community, sign in, click on groups, search for the group (which I couldn’t find). On tablet it’s easier (which I’m using now) but still is lengthy to get to. This is why I haven’t been posting exercises like I would like last couple days. Thanks in advance for any tips💫
  • jugar
    Options
    BlissfulK wrote: »

It’s very easy to add exercise, food, and status on our feeds. Is there an easy way to access groups like posting on our feed on the mobile app? The only way I know now is to click on community, sign in, click on groups, search for the group (which I couldn’t find). On tablet it’s easier (which I’m using now) but still is lengthy to get to. This is why I haven’t been posting exercises like I would like last couple days. Thanks in advance for any tips💫

bookmark the group! and this team - then when you go to community you have a lovely box where all your bookmarks are together. The community part of MFP is a separate thing from the tracking and home news feed, so you still have to go there, but then the "my groups" "my bookmarks" etc. are all there in the "Quick Links" box. Maybe someone else knows a faster way?
  • jugar
    Options
    Weigh-in reminders:

Still due today:
    @wendydpromos
    @lonestarbabe
    @Gidgitgoescrazy

Due Monday:
    @Waifer003
    @DD265
    @kdblpn

Thanks!
  • ells_bellz
    ells_bellz Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone and hello to all new members! :heart:

Oh my goodness! I have missed so much already in our new chat home and it is not even March! :smiley:

For the month of March I am aiming to lose 10lbs!
    I have no excuse not to do it! All I need is discipline and plan!

* I am quite busy and I move a lot during the week so step wise I will be ok.
    * I want to drink at least 2l of water minimum and that's not including tea/coffee
    * calories wise maybe around 1300/1500 a day - depending how busy my day has been.
    * Checking in with you lovely people, at least once a day :wink:

On a personal note my husband is having his blood test today to see how his diabetes is progressing.
    He followed my keto diet, he was intermitent fasting, too. He was checking his blood sugar levels every day and from 13.8 he is regularly at 7ish for the last month or so so fingerss crossed :blush:
    I just hope that my nagging will pay off. He says he is feeling better in himself and enjoys keto, or though it is hard work trying to think of variety of meals. I am really hoping that this lifestyle in the last three months improved his diabetes.

Have a lovely Monday all :blush:

• PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    Options

once you have the chat bookmarked, tap on your profile picture on the community page and it brings up your notifications of all the messages on the chat since you last logged in. I just scroll down to the last one with a blue dot, mark all as read, then tap it to get to where I last left off. It's hidden, you don't normally think to tap on your photo unless you want to change your profile settings, right?!?!?
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    CW 82.7
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,181 Member
    Options
    Morning all!

2/27 exercise:
    14980 steps
    93 minutes snowshoeing
    60 minutes Peloton

I have a busy day ahead and want to fit in some strength at the end of it.. hoping I can fit it all in. On the plus side, I got a glorious long night of sleep last night!

My brother gets into town tomorrow (coming from Montreal and staying at my Mom's) and then my Dad comes Friday (staying with Brad and I) so we'll be a bit out of our day to day routine for the first half of March or so. Looking forward to the company!
  • BlissfulK
    Options
    jugar wrote: »

bookmark the group! and this team - then when you go to community you have a lovely box where all your bookmarks are together. The community part of MFP is a separate thing from the tracking and home news feed, so you still have to go there, but then the "my groups" "my bookmarks" etc. are all there in the "Quick Links" box. Maybe someone else knows a faster way?

@jugar

Thank you, will do this for easier access! I found my fitness tracker. As soon as I figure how to reset it, I will start posting steps. I want to get a fit bit, but want to research the best one. Does anyone know when around what time of year they usually come out with new models of their watches? Thanks in advance💫
  • BlissfulK
    Options
    My three numbers for the week:

-7.5 hours of sleep
    I got 7 hours and 28 minutes last night, so I was SO close! Trying to do better tonight. Last month I aimed for 7 but my average was slightly better so I'm trying to stretch it again

-64 oz of water
    Got 80 oz in

-1694 net calories (this number will change slightly Thursday based on my method of allocating calories but I'll update accordingly)
    Ate 2845 and burned 1152 through exercise so I was at 1693 ;)
    This was a high day of exercise for me - 93 minutes of snowshoeing, 41 minute walk in Banff, 60 minutes of Peloton cycling, and a 5 minute stretch

Night all! Loving catching up on everyone's re-introduction.

Friendly reminder for anyone wanting to report outstanding steps/exercise for the last week of Feb (Feb 20-26)... report to follow in the next day or two!

Amazing day you had! ☺️

I’m going to start over with steps tracking because I just found my fitness tracker. Once I figure how to reset it I’ll start posting. I need to research Fitbits and when their new releases are before getting one. I was going between Apple Watch and Fitbit, but it seems MFP has more Fitbit Users.
  • lonestarbabe
    lonestarbabe Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    PW: 171.2
    CW: 169.4

I think that was my previous weight, but I can't find the link to the weight tracker to double-check. I apologize for the late posting! We went out of town, and the days got messed up in my head. I thought today was Sunday.
This discussion has been closed.