Waistaways Team Chat - MARCH 2022

Options

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,098 Member
    Options
    Wednesday is coming! It's already here for some of us :smiley: So who's up?
    overdue:
    @wendydpromos
    @Gidgitgoescrazy
    @Waifer003
    @kdblpn

Wednesday:
    @PlaneMonkey
    @MoStacy
    @metaphysicalstudio
    @KellyBgetsFit
    @AshenMoon
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,141 Member
    Options
    My three numbers for the week:

-7.5 hours of sleep
    6 hours 56 minutes. Oops! The movie we went to was longer than I thought and it took me a little bit to fall asleep. Better tonight!!

-64 oz of water
    Got 80 oz in

-1694 net calories
    Ate 2411, burned 734 for a net of 1677

@micki48 Not too late! I'll issue the reports tomorrow. So sorry to hear about your sister's cancer diagnosis.

@jugar My tactic is to know where I may struggle (I.e. I like eating at night) and to try to cater to that so I have less muscling through it I have to do. If I'm out of calories and want food I just remind myself I will eat again tomorrow. It's simple but if I get too far into my head about it it'll just make the mental struggle more challenging.

My brother got in from Montreal and we actually ordered separate dinners to my mom's house so Brad and I could have something healthier. Easier to do when with understanding and sympathetic family members but it felt good to get what we wanted.

Also did a retest of my FTP on the Peloton at lunch and had a great improvement. Love seeing the numbers get better!

Night all
  • veronica1359
    veronica1359 Posts: 413 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
  • veronica1359
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Good morning
    How can I delete a post? :D:D
  • veronica1359
    Options
    @eggfreak , no. It is my errors/mistakes....but I am learning and having fun creating these cards
  • PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    More snow has fallen in the past few days, so it is perfect out there!

Ohh Liselyn, I yearn to have snowshoes and your perspective on winter. Last night after work we spent a mere1.5 hours shoveling and snowblowing our entire cul de sac. I haven't even attempted to clear the back stairs and deck, and I doubt I'm going to as they've announced MORE SNOW. The skating rink has been abandoned, the snow has defeated me. We are running out of places to put it. It looks beautiful when it sits on the trees but cold reality sure hits when the wind picks up and drops it down your coat collar!

CW 192.0

I caught myself thinking about a celebratory food item when I saw that number on the scale and I've held back! that's the thinking that keeps me in this cycle. NO TREATS. I want to hit the next decade, sometime in THIS DECADE and stay there so food is not the reward. will stick to dreaming about new clothing and rewarding myself with 'me time'.

I haven't been good with my habit tracking this week. I managed to drink enough water each day but my covid sniffles have kept me from much else. So far no one else in the house has any symptoms so isolating myself away in the laundry room/home office/master bedroom closet seems to be working. at least I have books. and you guys!

@micki48 so sorry to hear about your sister's bad news. hugs flying your way.
  • kellie_erin
    kellie_erin Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    @veronica1359 thank you so much!!! 🥰🥰🥰
  • bonnie_red
    bonnie_red Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    @veronica1359 thank you so much! That's so thoughtful of you 😍🥰
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    jpmgpkbhb59r.png
  • PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Today work is defeating me. I caught myself twice reaching for snacks to distract myself. I managed to go for a walk to refresh my brain but the endorphins didn't last. I found an error in my spreadsheet that has worked its way into the finished product of a presentation. Guess I should just buckle down and get back at it. The computer is far from the kitchen. Very far. I should bring water... It's far. Did I mention it's far?
  • jugar
    Options
    What a day! The absolutely delightful birthday card from @veronica1359 was a great way to begin! I am sure the twins' smiles got even bigger, if that is possible, when they saw that. Great fun! If you really want to know how to delete your post, though - go to the 3 dots . . . at the top of the message, click on it, and you should be able to edit or delete. But you practicing and learning something new is wonderful to watch in any case :smiley:

@PlaneMonkey it is true, your shovelling and snowblowing sounds seriously tiring. We are fabulously lazy and I walk on our paths over and over again from house to ash barrels to OH's workshop, the compost heap, etc. so that they are well packed and we never shovel. We leave our epic driveway (900 metres, steep, hairpin curve, etc.) closed most of the time, but occasionally OH gets all energetic and goes down with the tractor with the snowblower on it, just to make walking up and down a bit easier. But the well-packed toboggan trail usually does the trick, and it is how all the groceries get up here. Today it was a hard slog, I have to admit. In any case, I hope you can get some snowshoeing in some time! And find some teenagers to shovel for you :wink: Oh - and no snacks. You're doing it! Keep going!

I love the step report for last week - looking at the virtual walk we made as a team made me laugh. It looks like those town names were invented by 5 year-olds.

013jta217sbo.png

What a great month, though! Go us!
    PW 148.8
    CW 149.2

😭😭😭
    I am really disappointed. I have been on track for 7 days...which is probably my longest streak for 2022. I know there are many reasons this may be happening but I am still sad.
    Have a big, loud rant about that! It is horrible when that happens. Stamp your feet, swear wildly (if the kids aren't around!), and then keep up the good work. Tweak one thing. More water? Less of something that makes you retain weight? Just pick one and see what happens. Hugs to you!

My numbers are going well today. All the fibre, calories under control, and exercise happening. Keep on going through, everyone!
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    Hope our lovely twins @kellie_erin and @bonnie_red enjoyed their day.. and I agree your birthday wishes are a highlight @veronica1359
  • BlissfulK
    BlissfulK Posts: 417 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Steps👣 11,518

Exercise👟 Dance, abs
  • jugar
    Options
    @Kali225 is truly back! Yes!!

So, folks - some catching up to do with late weigh-ins, and get ready for the Thursday people:
    @wendydpromos
    @Gidgitgoescrazy
    @Waifer003
    @kdblpn
    @MoStacy
    @metaphysicalstudio
    @bowens1973
    @ashleycarole86
    @evangsimmons170
    @mmarceau2

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.