Waistaways Team Chat - MARCH 2022

Options

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,041 Member
    Options
    PW: 171.2
    CW: 169.4

I think that was my previous weight, but I can't find the link to the weight tracker to double-check. I apologize for the late posting! We went out of town, and the days got messed up in my head. I thought today was Sunday.
    It was 171.4, so 2 pounds gone! Good job. And isn't every day Saturday unless otherwise announced?

@ells_bellz - that's a good strong commitment for March! There are 5 weeks, so if you go the max and lose 2 pounds a week, you'll ace it! I'm so glad your husband has been doing better with his blood sugar. That's the incredible power of nagging, right? My "born to nag" photo that I drag out every now and again is more than just a joke :smiley:

@BlissfulK - if you are comfortable sharing, it would be great to know your first name and where you live. Not everyone in the team does, but I find it wonderful knowing where people are, and having a name more than the username to call them if they are OK with that. Anything else about you is welcome too!

I had a very exciting morning - in the recording studio for the first time in ages. I am playing compositions by a Cuban jazz wizard and it is a blast. I have never played this kind of music before, but this old dog is sure enjoying the new sounds, rhythms, and crazy tricks. It is sure a good thing I did not show up for the session in sweatpants and a worn out old t-shirt (or heck, all dressed up in yoga pants instead) - it turned out they were recording video too :astonished: In any case, I luckily had put on some half decent clothes and did not put them to shame. It is always easy to dress better than the drummer in any case!

All right - strength workout done (oof), now for a bit of pilates to get ready for making dinner. Ahhh.
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    @jugar - the Cuban jazz sounds great and glad you got out to play with them!! If they ever put the video online - post the link.
    @ells_bellz I've got the same 10 lb goal for long March - it won't be easy but let's do it!!

I had a good day food-wise. My daily salads are in the work fridge (eases the congestion in the house fridge).
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Welcome all newcomers and returners,

My name is Yinka. I've been with the WaistAways for quite a while now. I live in Worcestershire in the UK with my husband. We both work from home. I am a Business English coach.

I love this group, and even though I may not post daily, I do keep up with all our news.

I have been nursing a pulled back muscle and have had to lay off my workouts for the past three weeks. This has made me both miserable and sluggish. However, I have recovered enough to effect a gradual return to fitness. Last week I discovered a fun step aerobics YouTube instructor from Brazil, and I have now put together a more varied, fun workout routine.

This week I will be returning to my Epic 2 program (I did Day 37 this morning, but I decided to swap out almost all the weighted moves with Bodyweight moves. When I did use my weights, they were very light ones - 3kg and 4kg) it felt good. For the rest of the week, I plan to go for a forest walk on Wednesday, another Epic workout on Friday and a Brazilian step class on Saturday.

Welcome once again everyone!

TTFN
    Yx
  • jugar
    Options
    Here we are at the hour for reminders again - how do the days fly by so fast? Happy March everyone -

Here are all the weigh-ins due through Tuesday:
    @wendydpromos
    @Gidgitgoescrazy
    @Waifer003
    @kdblpn
    @Kali225

Thanks!
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,127 Member
    Options
    My three numbers for the week:

-7.5 hours of sleep
    8 hours 14 minutes

-64 oz of water
    Got 64 oz in

-1694 net calories
    Ate 1900, burned 209 for a net of 1691

Gotta get to bed so I can get my 7.5 hour minimum! ;)
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I'm Katie, I live in the UK with my husband and our two cats. Like many others, our main meals are usually cooked from scratch and reasonably healthy, balanced and varied, but side dishes and snacks are my downfall. I'm the unfortunate combination of an emotional eater and a chocoholic! Currently going through a very busy, very stressful period and my weight is yo-yo-ing, but the end (or at least, some big changes) is in sight and I hope to settle back into a focused weight loss routine.

We packed a lot into this weekend - I managed to spend some time tidying the garden which I'm very pleased about, as well as a long walk and a day out. Now I'm rushing around getting things done before my trip to Dubai on Thursday. I come home on Tuesday, and we have a week and a half left of OH's classroom based training, then we believe he has a week off. I don't really have enough holiday to take a full week off with him unfortunately, and I probably wouldn't have booked the Dubai trip if we'd known he was getting that time off sooner (it's still not confirmed), or we'd have gone together in that week.

After that, so the end of the month, OH starts his variable shift pattern and it's all change again. This will be the 'final' big change though, and whilst it's going to take a lot of adjustment, I'll be glad to build a routine around it and know what I'm dealing with.
  • jugar
    Options
    Happy Tuesday!
    A million things on the go this morning, but it is great to hear your news @BlissfulK @collegelyfe17 and @DD265 - your energy is beautiful :heart:

My numbers for MONDAY -
    38g fibre
    1200 net calories
    1 strength workout, 1 hip flexibility session
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,127 Member
    Options
    2/28 exercise:
    10972 steps

Last night we had a post-work meeting with a financial planner and then we had to rush to downtown Calgary to catch a movie we had tickets for. We are trying to see all the Best Picture nominees before the Oscars... I am a big movie buff.

The movie was longer than expected so by the time I got home I didn't have time for my additional exercise. Even when I skipped that, I still didn't get my 7.5 hours of sleep (which you'll see on my numbers report tonight). So, needless to say it was the right call not to stay up even later exercising.

We are returning to office 3 days a week starting in April and I know I'm going to feel way more time crunched overall, so I suppose it's good practice. If I don't exercise as much I just don't eat as much so I can buffer regardless, but I love the exercise. I guess then it comes down to skipping other fun like movies in favor of it at times. All things to think about and plan for.
  • JenSamuel94
    JenSamuel94 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I probably did closer to 7,000 steps today but I always feel like o eat so much because I burned off energy. Today I was doing a pretty good job but passed by the kitchen at the end of the day and got like two cookies , between kids I had a total of like 4 thin mints. I just don’t know how to control myself as much esp when I see the food in our shared therapy kitchen😭

I think this week is like to strive for drinking at least 6 cups of water a day. I’m at 4, when I get home I’ll drink at least 2 more.
This discussion has been closed.