@Megan_smartiepants1970

Date 3/2
    Step count 10,379

No sweets or snacks!
  • peng123
    peng123 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    rwood566 wrote: »
    Good evening everyone. Did everyone have a good hump day?
    Check in for 3/2:
    Steps - 19010
    Calories - 1504. I had a 400+ calorie dessert to get it that high. Pound cake, fresh strawberries and blueberries and a smidgen of whip cream.
    Exercise - 8.87 mile walk in 2 hours 35 minutes. Almost a 3.5 mph pace. Thought I would have to stop early for dizziness but I kept pushing. Grocery store in afternoon and store in the mall after dinner.
    Had romanesco and a fennel bulb with dinner. Roasted them up. First time eating them. Very tasty.

@rwood566 Amazing steps and exercise!! As always, you are such an inspiration!!
  • melissadreed903
    melissadreed903 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    (Jumping up and down) I'm here! I'm here! We had bad ice/snow days last week and worked from home. Didn't accomplish much.

Check in for 3/2
    My weigh in on Friday (2/25) went up! Weighed in at 237!

I'm setting a reminder for weigh in on my calendar now because with our new house being built, I have so much on my plate that I need reminders... so my apologies for not checking in. I need to go re-read the rules for posting on the group. I did a weigh in today and down 3 lbs so I'm kinda stoked about that....

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,832 Member
    Options
    I have to start using my air fryer more. I have only cooked bacon, fish and fries in it. I never use my instant pot either. I am scared of the instant pot.

I love both ... I was terrified of the instant pot too ... but it has been one of my favorite gadgets... I made a pork roast last week and it was soooooo tender and juicy ... I have made soup in it ... I made buffalo chicken in it yesterday for my keto version of buffalo chicken egg rolls :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    (Jumping up and down) I'm here! I'm here! We had bad ice/snow days last week and worked from home. Didn't accomplish much.

Check in for 3/2
    My weigh in on Friday (2/25) went up! Weighed in at 237!

I'm setting a reminder for weigh in on my calendar now because with our new house being built, I have so much on my plate that I need reminders... so my apologies for not checking in. I need to go re-read the rules for posting on the group. I did a weigh in today and down 3 lbs so I'm kinda stoked about that....

Welcome to our team :) Glad to have you join us :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    If any of our new members would like to be added to our step challenge please let me know .. All you do is give me a step number that you plan to hit daily and post your steps within our group daily or weekly which ever is easiest for you... I can convert most exercise into steps ...most of all let's have fun with it :)
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Thursday Weigh Day
    PW: 223.4
    CW: 223.4
    I'm just happy this wasn't another gain😉.
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    @rwood566
    -I also made romanesco for the first time last night. It was good.
    @Pippin20206
    -That is a tough start to the day. Hope it gets better.
  • aactuallyaash
    aactuallyaash Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Hey @Megan_smartiepants1970, if I want to post my steps weekly, is Saturday the cutoff day for the week?
  • tuxado
    tuxado Posts: 11 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018
    Seated cardio drumming is basically just cardio drumming done seated, usually marching in the chair instead of standing marching. One uses a pair of drumsticks and pounds on a stability ball to music using a variety of movements. If a person really puts their effort into the drumming motions, one can easily work up quite a sweat. There are a ton of videos on youtube available, though most are single songs. I just created various playlists of the ones I like to make different length workouts. Here is a link to one video. (Hope the link works am not great with copying those things)

https://youtu.be/fLeZrq-n3kM
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Hey @Megan_smartiepants1970, if I want to post my steps weekly, is Saturday the cutoff day for the week?

This week would be from Sunday 2/27 to Saturday 3/5 and I always do a friendly reminder on Sunday's of the people's steps I need
  • aactuallyaash
    aactuallyaash Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 okay, great, thanks!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 okay, great, thanks!

You're welcome :)
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 I got the romanesco at Sprout's. Our local health food grocery store. Like whole foods but a lot cheaper.
    @tuxado great video. I could give that a try. Thanks.
    @Pippin20206 sorry about your top. Are both of you OK now?

What brand of air fryer and insta pot does everyone have? I keep looking and get scared of the prices.
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Good evening everyone.
    Check in for 3/3:
    Steps - 6491 plus 20 minutes bike moderate intensity.
    Calories - 1803
    Exercise - gym this afternoon. 9 machines and 20 minutes bike.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    rwood566 wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018 I got the romanesco at Sprout's. Our local health food grocery store. Like whole foods but a lot cheaper.
    @tuxado great video. I could give that a try. Thanks.
    @Pippin20206 sorry about your top. Are both of you OK now?

What brand of air fryer and insta pot does everyone have? I keep looking and get scared of the prices.

I have a ninja air fryer that has 2 baskets and I can smart cook which means both sides are cooking at the same heat and time ..I can air broil, air fry, roast, reheat,bake and dehydrate

I have an Instant pot duo plus 6 quart ... I can pressure cook, soup and broth , cake, eggs, slow cooker, saute, rice bean and grains , porridge and oatmeal, yogurt, sous vide and steralize ...I was terrified with it at 1st but I absolutely love mine now ... It takes 30 minutes to cook a pork roast which I made last week into pulled pork over chaffles (keto) its like waffles but we use cream cheese and mozzarella
  • tuxado
    tuxado Posts: 11 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    @rwood566 I have the insignia brand 6 qt electric pressure cooker (Best Buy store brand). It is identical to the insta pot brand one.
    My air fryer is some off breed thing that is no longer manufactured. It is one with the door and shelves like a mini oven. I bought a basket to use with it, so I could cook all the traditional "french fry" type stuff as well as stuff like chicken breasts on the trays. Those and my microwave are my kitchen essentials. I adore air fried fresh green beans (green beans misted with oil and sprinkled with, salt, pepper, and garlic).

If not sure you will use them, maybe checkout the marketplace on facebook for good condition used appliances.

Thursday checkin
    Calories:. 1437
    Exercise: 30 minutes cardio drumming
    Fitbit steps: 5396*

* Not actual steps.
This discussion has been closed.