Waistaways Team Chat - MARCH 2022

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,010 Member
    Pearl4686 wrote: »
    CW 85.1
    Sorry I went AWOL for awhile. Life...
    Always hoping to become a bit more of a contributor on this group but there's always one crisis or another.
    I find everyone's posts super inspirational when I get the chance to read them although March so far has given me little time...

Good week! I'm glad you are still there and even if you can't post often, you're one of us :heart:
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 543 Member
    The week has come and gone and I didn’t weigh in this week. I won’t be home for another week so, @jugar please keep the number from last week for this and give me next week off. Then, I’ll be ready to jump back in. Thanks!
  • ells_bellz
    ells_bellz Posts: 82 Member
    couple days of steps to catch up on for my reporting:

3/12 exercise:
    10200 steps + 61 minutes Peloton

3/13 exercise:
    8158 steps + 45 minutes Peloton

Last call for anyone wanting to report steps for Mar 6-12!

remember that for Mar 13-19 we are walking for @micki48 - looking as a team to cover the distance of her move (477 miles). We did 339 week 1 with 8 participants and we are likely down a couple by week 3... what can we achieve??? :) Nothing like a bit of extra motivation to get out there and push it. In all likelihood it's going to take us week 3 and 4, but don't let that stop you from giving it a little extra! :)

Can I please join you all in walking for Micki?
    What do I do? My fitbit is charged and ready to go :smiley:
  • jugar
    Happy Sunday!

I'm just getting going on the tallies -- we had rather a slow week, but that makes it easy for week 4 to be a vast improvement, right??

Sunday weigh-ins:
    @wendydpromos
    @deniners2
    @Terytha
    @BlissfulK
    @graceojo999
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,119 Member
    @ells_bellz Absolutely!!! Would love to have your stats. Every Sunday, report by day for the week before (Sunday to Saturday) what your step count was. You can also include any other intentional exercise you did by day and those minutes get converted to steps as well.

Some people like to post most frequently throughout the week and that works fine too..

Let me know if you have any other questions.
  • deniners2
    deniners2 Posts: 755 Member
    PW 146.5
    CW 146.5

I think I’m 95% better than last Sunday. I ate a lot of bready, cracker, mashed potato type of things this week. 😁
  • BlissfulK
    BlissfulK Posts: 417 Member
    PW: 138.2

CW: 140.4

I knew it would be a gain today. Like I discussed with other MFP members, I had some vegan cheese I didn’t want to expire and made lasagna and pizza. Both use rice flour which is high in calories along with the cheese. I did not complete the calculations until after eating. One piece of lasagna is 455 calories. The pizza was also more than 400 calories a slice. So glad I’m in this challenge on MFP to see the effects of what we eat and our lifestyle in detail on how it effects our progress. I have some major work this week to see a loss for next weigh-in. Wish me luck💫
  • PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    @Terytha I haven't tried veggies in mine yet. Which ones do you recommend?
  • EvMakesChanges
    @Terytha I haven't tried veggies in mine yet. Which ones do you recommend?
    I enjoy zucchini or summer squash wedges (or sweet potato). When I use the denser veggies, I soften them in the microwave first and then the air fryer. Most of the time, a spritz of oil is more than enough. Bread crumbs add a nice layer of crunch to almost everything, although I don't usually use them. We've had luck with asparagus sprinkled with lemon juice. Hmm. Now I'm getting hungry for a snack of crunchy veggies. Have a great night!

• EvMakesChanges
    micki48 wrote: »
    Well, we arrived at our new house like thieves in the night right before midnight. We were on the road for 11 hours with traffic and stops. I hate driving at night through major cities!!!! (DC, Baltimore, Philadelphia) But I made it. Thanks for all your prayers and good vibes. It carried me.

While driving I got great news from my sister. The cancer was stage one and she will not need chemo or radiation. Hurray!!

I have been a bit teary today missing my house. I’ll be fine but this has been hard. Tomorrow we’re going on a hike at our favorite park(from when we lived here before) One of my best friends is coming over. That will sure help me feel better about this move.

So good to hear the fabulous news about your sister! What a relief. Some advice from a choral director works in moving-to-new-homes scenarios as well. "Cry when you need to, sing when you can".
    I'm delighted that you're geographically closer to me in Vermont and hope to meet you in person this summer.
    Love,
    Evelyn
  • jugar
    BlissfulK wrote: »
    PW: 138.2

CW: 140.4

I knew it would be a gain today. Like I discussed with other MFP members, I had some vegan cheese I didn’t want to expire and made lasagna and pizza. Both use rice flour which is high in calories along with the cheese. I did not complete the calculations until after eating. One piece of lasagna is 455 calories. The pizza was also more than 400 calories a slice. So glad I’m in this challenge on MFP to see the effects of what we eat and our lifestyle in detail on how it effects our progress. I have some major work this week to see a loss for next weigh-in. Wish me luck💫

This is a great attitude! All the numbers are information - even if we figure out that they are "bad". You know better how to make this week work - plenty of vegetables, try to avoid the flours and other refined stuff, keep up your healthy fats and protein. Go for it!
  • jugar
    @Kali225 Your April sounds like just the breather you need. My best friend recently quit a second job and is pulling things together to start a new contract. Those gaps in between are important to set yourself up to feel strong and know what you need, even if it is a bit scary getting there. Good for you!

OK, time to get my steps and exercise pulled together...

Sunday - 9353 + 15 min Pilates, 40 elliptical
    Monday - 15,873
    Tuesday - 11,913 + 30 Pilates, 60 snowshoe
    Wednesday - 12,835 + 45 bike
    Thursday - 10,060 + 30 Pilates
    Friday - 10,409 + 20 Pilates
    Saturday - 10,001 + 20 Pilates, 45 bike
  • jugar
    Quick update -

Remaining Sunday weigh-ins:
    @wendydpromos