Waistaways Team Chat - MARCH 2022

Replies

• kellie_erin
    kellie_erin Posts: 212 Member
    Does anyone have any advice for body dysmorphia? I was feeling okay about myself and then my gym posted a video to their Instagram, in which I make an appearance. And now I'm discouraged and disgusted (there are other things contributing to this though). I don't know how to shake these thoughts
  • kellie_erin
    kellie_erin Posts: 212 Member
    @jugar thank you for your insights, I really appreciate them!
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    @PlaneMonkey So far all I've air fried are green beans and carrot chips, and both turned out lovely.

I use a teaspoon of olive oil and a healthy dash of steak spice and fry for 7 minutes at 355. Perfectly delish.

This week is an experiment. I'm going to exercise at least 30 minutes every day except Tuesday and eat veggies with dinner every day except Wednesday. Just to see how I feel by the end of the week and try for a mental reboot of sorts. This probably isn't sustainable long term but that's not the point.

Today I really didn't wanna work out because I was so tired, but I did. And that's a good start.
  • PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    Terytha wrote: »
    @PlaneMonkey So far all I've air fried are green beans and carrot chips, and both turned out lovely.

I use a teaspoon of olive oil and a healthy dash of steak spice and fry for 7 minutes at 355. Perfectly delish.

Carrot chips sounds amazing! It's going on the grocery list!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,030 Member
    @Terytha I love your plan! Mind you, I'm not sure what a dinner without veggies might even look like -- to the point where my son calls me "Kale". Because I am what I eat. He's a brat.

OK folks! It's time for the Tuesday weigh-in and some catch-up from yesterday and today -
    @wendydpromos
    @graceojo999
    @kdblpn
    @Kali225

Bring it on!
  • BlissfulK
    BlissfulK Posts: 417 Member
    jugar wrote: »
    BlissfulK wrote: »
    PW: 138.2

CW: 140.4

I knew it would be a gain today. Like I discussed with other MFP members, I had some vegan cheese I didn’t want to expire and made lasagna and pizza. Both use rice flour which is high in calories along with the cheese. I did not complete the calculations until after eating. One piece of lasagna is 455 calories. The pizza was also more than 400 calories a slice. So glad I’m in this challenge on MFP to see the effects of what we eat and our lifestyle in detail on how it effects our progress. I have some major work this week to see a loss for next weigh-in. Wish me luck💫

This is a great attitude! All the numbers are information - even if we figure out that they are "bad". You know better how to make this week work - plenty of vegetables, try to avoid the flours and other refined stuff, keep up your healthy fats and protein. Go for it!

@jugar

Great advice, thanks! I bought two heads of cabbage and two heads of cauliflowers today. Cauliflower rice dishes and cabbage salads.

I need to stay away from the flour. I like to cook, so I’ve been tempted to try many things and that’s a challenge when trying to lose weight. That’s what got me in trouble with the lasagna and pizza, lol. I was going to attempt to make vegan low carb doughnut holes tomorrow. I might have to wait after making some considerable loss 🙃
  • graceojo999
    graceojo999 Posts: 95 Member
    Hi,
    I am sorry for weighing in late. I think it’s better that my weigh in date is expected Mondays.
    Pw 105 kg
    Cw 103.5 kg

I have had a good week…went a bit overboard on the weekend and actually gained a kg back. Hoping to loose that this week. I am on keto so expecting big whooshes and gains on the journey. I’ll just drink a lot of water and keep calories and carbs low this week
  • Terytha
    Random fact: I damaged my left hip when I was 15 by taking a dramatic dive off a galloping horse into a bush. Sometimes it still aches randomly. Like today.

Tonight is likely to be less exercise and more stretching/rolling I think. =P

Tomorrow's dinner is bacon and eggs and I can't think of any veggies I'd want to eat as a side that wouldn't be weird.
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,127 Member
    Thanks @conleywoods for the kind words.
    @bowens1973 just tested positive today. It was a good run.... we were keeping to separate bedrooms and bathrooms, masking up and staying apart, everything we could to avoid him getting it too... but no such luck.

Last call for any outstanding step reports for Mar 13-19 please before I issue our results :)
  • PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    Terytha wrote: »
    Tomorrow's dinner is bacon and eggs and I can't think of any veggies I'd want to eat as a side that wouldn't be weird.

Sliced tomatoes!

I really like pico de gallo, avocado and refried beans for a 'huevos rancheros' style breakfast.
  • ashleycarole86
    @Terytha I second the sliced tomatoes! First thing that came to my mind as well
  • ashleycarole86
    Exercise report:
    3/20 - 3149 steps
    3/21 - 3190 steps
  • Terytha
    Ack! I knew, just knew someone would say tomatoes. I loathe tomatoes. They are just. Way too gross for me, guys. So slimy and the taste is just. No. D:

Aside from green beans, carrots and asparagus, there's not much I'll eat tbh. Very picky eaters in this house.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,030 Member
    We all send @Terytha tomatoes! Spinach too - just lightly "wilted" and well seasoned however you think best. Fruit goes well too - sliced oranges, pineapple - whatever is good and fresh. Hard at this time of year :grimace:

@conleywoods - Your husband works at a soap opera - brilliant! That sums up the crazy situation for sure. Have fun running and getting ready for hiking season - yes!!

@Kali225 don't wait for April - putting off gets to be kind of perpetual sometimes... Pick a tiny habit or something you can really concentrate on. I like the method from the book Tiny Habits by BJ Fogg. The small habit gets anchored to something you always do anyhow, and gets an immediate reward. There are lots of books and sites about the small habit thing, and it might be a good way not to try to start something huge and all-encompassing at some later date. That tends to work for a short time and then feel too overwhelming. For now, 1 "perfect" meal per day? Or log lunch (and only lunch)? I'm sure you can come up with one. Hang in there!

@Terytha I have aches where I broke my collarbone in a dramatic horse fall. The horse fell!! We were galloping! We were both ok, but the aches remain from time to time. Danged horses :smiley:

@graceojo999 you are now a Monday person! Great week!
This discussion has been closed.