Waistaways Team Chat - MARCH 2022

Replies

• EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 543 Member
    Terytha wrote: »

Tomorrow's dinner is bacon and eggs and I can't think of any veggies I'd want to eat as a side that wouldn't be weird.

Sauté diced onion and small half-rounds of zucchini in the pan until lightly browned and slightly softened. Add a few slices of tomato for color (or bell peppers), stir in the beaten eggs, turn pan way down and cover to help finish gently cooking the eggs. If you prefer stirring them around while they finish, go for it. Enjoy!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,010 Member
    Heading for Wednesday - here's where things stand -
    Overdue:
    @wendydpromos
    @kdblpn

Due Wednesday:
    @PlaneMonkey
    @AshenMoon

Tally ho!
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 975 Member
    @Terytha and @jugar I'm in the old injury from horses club too! We were getting ready to go on a trip and mom said "no horses, I don't want anyone getting hurt before our trip!" My sister and I decided the obvious solution was to sneak out to the barn and ride the horses bare back. No sweaty saddle marks on the horses and mom would be non the wiser. I have a fully separated shoulder to this day! Yikes 😬
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 975 Member
    Today I was over calories because I stopped at stupid McDonald's after work for chicken nuggets. I was tired and running late and I just gave in. 😕 No exercise today. Just getting through the week and trying to get all my parent teacher conference reports done. Conferences are next week and then it's spring break. I am so ready.
  • graceojo999
    graceojo999 Posts: 95 Member
    @conleywoods mcdonalds is my weakness as well. The worst is I can’t control myself when I order. I have to have the same order of 7 items every time. Then one day turns to a week of nonstop McDonald’s 😭. I wish it was just chicken nuggets. I am actively avoiding Uber eats, especially now that I am cutting carbs. I don’t think a chicken nugget here and there is the worst thing….we can’t always be perfect. Anyway have a nice week…
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    edited March 2022
    There's a McDonald's across the street. I can see it from my bedroom window. Their nuggets and breakfast sandwiches are my kryptonite I swear.

I try to make my own at home instead as much as possible. Got a lil egg patty maker, some low cal buns, and of course the fried chicken recipe that I really gotta try in my air fryer soon, see how it goes. Without the oil it's basically as low calorie as chicken gets.
  • PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member

The weather is friggin' amazing.

Wish we could say the same! It's currently snowing and rain is in the forecast aftwards for the next 4 days.

I was even remarking this afternoon how all of our snow had finally melted and the thyme in my herb garden popped out of the ice like it had been growing all winter, just hidden from view. It was amazing and energizing to have so much sunshine..... Ahh well.... C'est la vie! At least it's shining in Alberta! Glad you're starting to feel better Ashley.

@jugar I hope your back feels better. It is always extra puzzling when you can't remember what you did to cause it, if anything.

• ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,119 Member
    k0m9llh7rx86.png
  • jugar
    We're going to make it to Philadelphia by hook or by crook! Anyone can report steps even if it isn't every day - 316 more miles!

e6yniwfkgtnp.png

Let's get those numbers in!

@wendydpromos
    @kdblpn
    @PlaneMonkey
    @AshenMoon
    @bowens1973 and @ashleycarole86 if you need the week off while recovering, just let me know
    @evangsimmons170

Thanks!
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,119 Member
    Username ashleycarole86
    Thursday weigh-in

PW 172.8
    CW 168.4
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    We ended up at McDonalds last night! I didn't get a McFlurry though - I wanted one, but decided it was too much like 'chocolate' that I've given up. The Creme Egg one will still be around at Easter and even if it isn't, I have 48 Creme Eggs in the kitchen. :D Slight gain today but I didn't drink as much as I should've yesterday either so blaming water retention. My friend and I ran before work and it was a tough one, with a body tired from Sunday's 10K and Tuesday's upper body training session. I'm happily following my 5-step plan today.

I have an assessment with a pelvic health physio later. I am interested to know whether my pelvic floor muscles are indeed hypertonic, and if so, whether this could be contributing to running feeling like such hard work. Apparently a hypertonic pelvic floor is quite common in weightlifters, both male and female, though I wouldn't say I had the issue when I was regularly lifting 3 years ago.
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Yesterday was day 4 of my "exercise every day" week-long personal challenge and...

I feel like a zombie. I've never been this tired or miserable in my life, and I'm only doing cardio for 30 minutes. My insomnia seems worse in some ways.

Next week maybe I'll try every other day and see if that works better.

Countdown: exactly 2 weeks until we leave for vacation in Seattle. Husband got us Krakens vs Flames tickets, and aside from the underground tour I hear the Museum of Pop Culture is a must. :)

Calgary may be my home but I'll probably root for Seattle. Their jersey is prettier and Release the Kraken is one of my favorite songs. Since I'm not really a hockey fan, my decisions are made on that kind of level lol.
  • PlaneMonkey
    Terytha wrote: »

Calgary may be my home but I'll probably root for Seattle. Their jersey is prettier and Release the Kraken is one of my favorite songs. Since I'm not really a hockey fan, my decisions are made on that kind of level lol.

I AM a hockey fan, and player, and I freely admit that when I join a hockey betting pool for the playoffs, I only pick the cute players or the ones with funny personality quirks. You'd be amazed, I'm always in the top 10 when it's all said and done! The level of jersey color and intro song is a viable decision tool.
  • PlaneMonkey
    @jugar sorry my weigh in is late! Yesterday I got distracted and had breakfast before I remembered to weigh in, then today when I woke up, our water pump had failed so it was a panic for a couple of hours while we tried to figure out what the cause was and could we fix it ourselves. I'm learning that rural living is not for the faint of heart or the budget leery! We are VERY lucky we were able to determine it was a failed pressure switch and not a blockage in the water intake line or a complete failure of the pump. It was a $50 fix and 3 hours of inconvenience instead of a $700 fix and days without water like our neighbour had this winter.

So yeah, I will weigh in asap Friday morning, I promise!
  • jugar
    @jugar sorry my weigh in is late! Yesterday I got distracted and had breakfast before I remembered to weigh in, then today when I woke up, our water pump had failed so it was a panic for a couple of hours while we tried to figure out what the cause was and could we fix it ourselves. I'm learning that rural living is not for the faint of heart or the budget leery! We are VERY lucky we were able to determine it was a failed pressure switch and not a blockage in the water intake line or a complete failure of the pump. It was a $50 fix and 3 hours of inconvenience instead of a $700 fix and days without water like our neighbour had this winter.

So yeah, I will weigh in asap Friday morning, I promise!

No worries - I'll never forget the January when our water pump failed. It lives at the bottom of a 360-foot deep well, which was dug before the house was built and lives in the basement. That is now against building code... The pump had to be pulled up. The cable ran out the basement window all over the place, and it was something like -25 outside. Luckily the pump repair guy was one of those relentlessly optimistic guys who didn't even mind loading the new pump and stuff on our tractor to make it up the hill! Then walking back down. I think my husband would have spontaneously combusted that day if the repair guy had been surly. You were very lucky indeed!!
This discussion has been closed.