• Krysless2
    Krysless2 Posts: 1,918 Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Wednesday, 13 April

Track: yes
    Under: no
    Exercise: yes (55 minutes of walking)
    Comments: Had a wonderful massage but then stopped at a restaurant on the way home and ate partially off-plan. I was up .4 on the scale, so I’m going to tighten up. I am still not back down to my pre-birthday weight. I have a history of letting slip ups derail me for way too long, so I am mindful of the importance of getting right back on track.

Not for nothing..you were probably super dehydrated afterwards !! I might recommend drinking water before and a ton after your next one! That way you can gauge your hungry-level a little more accurately…and then again, I may be way off-base here!

This one hit home a little bit because my sister-in-law passed out after our massage a few years ago and it scared me half to death!!(reflecting back I think that may be why started the process of training myself to stop hating water!!)

https://www.karmamassagespa.com/5-reasons-hydrate-post-massage/
  • maryphum
    maryphum Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Username: maryphum
    Weigh-in week: April week 2
    Weigh-in day: Wednesday
    Previous week's weight: 164.6
    This week's weight: 166.0
  • maryphum
    maryphum Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Weigh in week: April week 2
    Weigh in day: Wednesday
    This week's weight: 166

I thought I just send this but I can't see where it posted so I'm sending it again. Maybe I forgot to hit post reply. I reported week 1 under the March comments before it closed. I'm still dealing with my hip and back pain so I haven't been able to exercise in over a month. My weight was up this week. I will have to reduce my calories since I can't exercise right now.
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,505 Member
    Options
    Thursday 14 April
    Under: yes
    Exercise: yes

Weigh in Week 2
    PW: 143.0
    CW: 142.0

Hope the Easter 🐇 chocolate doesn't derail me too bad.
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    @Krysless2 great info and timely as I'm going to get a massage next week. Finally getting to use my 2019 Christmas gift. I had an appointment for March 2020 that was cancelled due to COVID-19 and it has taken TWO YEARS to get it rescheduled. 😠
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    maryphum wrote: »
    Weigh in week: April week 2
    Weigh in day: Wednesday
    This week's weight: 166

I thought I just send this but I can't see where it posted so I'm sending it again. Maybe I forgot to hit post reply. I reported week 1 under the March comments before it closed. I'm still dealing with my hip and back pain so I haven't been able to exercise in over a month. My weight was up this week. I will have to reduce my calories since I can't exercise right now.

@maryphum I spied your post in March and carried it over, you're good. 😊 Sorry that you're still having pain 😞.
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    Thought I could do this, but I can't. Yet....I really need to! I am so far into denial that people should start calling me Cleopatra!

• brandi_84
    brandi_84 Posts: 1,963 Member
    Options

I really don't know what is going on. I cannot keep consistent with wanting to be healthy. I give up so easily.
    I feel so crappy, I don't want to leave the house.
    Anniversary today and easter weekend. I must start something new on Monday.
  • Krysless2
    edited April 2022
    Options
    brandi_84 wrote: »

I really don't know what is going on. I cannot keep consistent with wanting to be healthy. I give up so easily.

AWARENESS!! sorry to shout… but awareness, awareness, awareness!! Start weighing in EVERY day. Get past the emotional part of weighing in, don’t hide from it. You need to see it, in real time, how/when/why/what you’re eating is effecting your body! Also, check your weigh in progress to-date. Where were you a year ago? 6months ago, heck even a month ago…look at that time frame and your life at that time. Why were you able to lose weight? What things were going on at that time that made it easier for you?

Also, keep staying active, I’m not a believer in that saying you can’t outrun a bad diet. Or at least, I would tweak it to say, you may not be able to out-run a bad diet but you can sure slow it down? When My heads not in it I still continue to exercise(it’s how I can feel any sense of control) My mind eventually catches back up. I’m assuming you already know what to do, but you need to stay in tune with your reality so you can connect all the dots. Then all those “healthy living” tips you’ve learned over the years, they will break through.

[EDITED to ADD] Start cooking a bunch of buttery/oily tasty vegetables!! Roast them, air fry them, whatever! That way you can just add them to whatever you’re eating. I hate meal prep, it scares me.. but it’s not so daunting if I just stick to vegetables. This way I’m saving money and adding it to some sort of meat/sandwich whatever throughout the days…and drink your water! Are you drinking enough water? [/END EDIT]

Whenever I spiral, I try not to leave here, this place. For me personally, it’s not a good idea!
  • ForLangston
    ForLangston Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    ForLangston
    PW 265
    CW: 266
    did lift all this week but let's see if there's a big whoosh at the end of April.
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    @HASWLRS and @brandi_84 I don't know what to say to help you ladies other than to remind you that 1. We've all been there at some point and 2. That you know we're here to help, to listen, offer suggestions, commiserate, pick you up when you fall. I know you both feel like dropping out but I hope that you don't, I would miss you terribly. 💕
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    Friday 15 April
    Track: no

At Dad's house for the weekend, there will be no tracking or staying under until Dyngus Day.
  • Tomsgal1985
    Tomsgal1985 Posts: 923 Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Krysless2 wrote: »
    Wednesday, 13 April

Exercise: yes (55 minutes of walking)
    Comments: Had a wonderful massage but then stopped at a restaurant on the way home and ate partially off-plan. I was up .4 on the scale, so I’m going to tighten up. I am still not back down to my pre-birthday weight. I have a history of letting slip ups derail me for way too long, so I am mindful of the importance of getting right back on track.

Not for nothing..you were probably super dehydrated afterwards !! I might recommend drinking water before and a ton after your next one! That way you can gauge your hungry-level a little more accurately…and then again, I may be way off-base here!

This one hit home a little bit because my sister-in-law passed out after our massage a few years ago and it scared me half to death!!(reflecting back I think that may be why started the process of training myself to stop hating water!!)

https://www.karmamassagespa.com/5-reasons-hydrate-post-massage/

@Krysless2 ❤️ Thank you so much for your comment! I am usually wiped out afterward, and I need to remember to drink water before and after and to pack a banana or a cooked potato or sweet potato to have right after. I appreciate knowing about your SIL’s experience!
  • rawrxamberx
    rawrxamberx Posts: 646 Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    💪🏻(Daily Post - Apr. 15)💪🏻
    Logged: yes
    Water: 7.5 cups

MUAC
    Sunday - Saturday
    Green - yes days
    Red - no days
    🟢🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴🔘

I was so close to staying under! I was only over by 125 calories! I’m making it my mission today to get one more green!

@Krysless2 thank you for that post! I really needed to read that because this week I was struggling too! My goal for this next week is to post every single day about something. So that when I do struggle again, I’m in the habit of posting. And so that way if someone else is struggling, we can get through it together!
  • Tomsgal1985
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Thursday & Friday, April 14 & 15

Tracked: yes & yes
    Under: no & yes
    Exercise: yes & yes (24 & 42 minutes of walking)
    Comments: I’m finally working on my taxes, so I’m a bit stressed 😆 But I did better with moving and eating yesterday. I also found myself cleaning, which means tax prep is the ultimate avoidance! 😂
  • Tomsgal1985
    Options
    Weekly Post:
    Username: @susanshaughnessy80
    Week: April Week 2
    Weigh-in day: Saturday, April 16
    Previous Week's Weight: 195.4
    Today's Weight: 192.4 🥳 Birthday gain is off - and then some!
  • Krysless2
    Options
    Weekly Post:

Thank you so much for sharing your ups and downs this week! Congrats on coming out with a win!! 🤗
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    Friday 15 April
    Track: no

At Dad's house for the weekend, there will be no tracking or staying under until Dyngus Day.

And so autocorrect strikes again, at daughters house, not Dad's. 😂
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    Weekly Post:

Woot! Way to rebound! 👍🎉👏
  • melissan84
    melissan84 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    brandi_84 wrote: »

HASWLRS wrote: »
    Thought I could do this, but I can't. Yet....I really need to! I am so far into denial that people should start calling me Cleopatra!

It’s mental game. Everyday make little changes and you will see the results. I admit I don’t eat the healthiest and there some days where I can’t or don’t want to exercise, but keep moving on. If I want a cake, I make fit in my calorie/macro intake. It’s all about balance. Like Krysless2 said I weigh everyday. Might it be unhealthy that’s fine. But guess what it holds me accountable and I know what foods I ate too much of or makes me gain weight. I started drinking a gallon of water daily and the weight has come off easier. So do what’s important for you. You want that cake, eat a tiny slice. Don’t deprive yourself, then is a journey not torture. If we deprive ourselves of what we like then our minds and body quits. You got this! I’m rooting for you ladies!!!
This discussion has been closed.