May 1

Options

Replies

• jmu1965
    jmu1965 Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    May 1
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, tried a new YouTube channel Senior Fitness with Meredith. I tried a seated one.
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? No. Birthday celebration for my granddaughter who is turning 4.
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

1 pass day used.
    Made some veggie soup for lunch this week.

Congratulations to all the winners for April. Welcome to the new month.
  • jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 4,055 Member
    Options
    Strength work tai chi meditation all done.
    Tracked logged let’s do this in May! Welcome new and returning UAC’ers best of luck this month

Way to get it done Kate! Keep meaning to ask you — how did you get started with Tai Chi? A class or are there videos to help one start out? It looks like such excellent exercise for balance. @snowshoe072
  • jamcnewman
    Options
    ✅✅✅
    Today was a super active day. An 8 mile run this morning. Weeding. A 1.6 mile slow walk this afternoon to make sure my legs still worked. Pre logged so tracking complete. A small cut today on calories goal met.

Congrats to all the winners from April. It’s definitely not as easy as it might first appear. Keeping track of the folks who qualified last month was a real eye opener on just how difficult. 15 winners out of about 50 folks who joined and 40 or so who started. 😳👏😳

Let’s have fun this month and enjoy every day for how it plays.

Well done on a super day today bON! That was quite a drop in the number of people joined to those who started, and then those who finished. It felt very “slim” there at the end of April. Quietest month since I joined I think. But lots of activity on here today starting out May so perhaps it will be a successful month for many. @SummerSkier
  • jamcnewman
    Options
    It is great to see both of you back @loopydo2017 & @BMcC9 🌟🌟 Congratulations to each of you on a successful day today.
  • jamcnewman
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Tarann75 wrote: »
    It’s evening of May 1 in Australia. Good luck with the challenge everyone and thanks to all the organisers 😀

Exercise ✅
    Tracked ✅
    Calories ✅

Great to meet you @Tarann75 and welcome! There are a number of Australians 🇦🇺🦘🌏 on the UAC and they are always (or are usually) the first to post each day. Wishing you well for the May challenge!
  • jamcnewman
    Options
    Sunday May 1
    ✅ Exercise 11.6 km walk; gardening: spring clean up in the perennial beds (it is finally warm enough to remove the protective dead matter) 🌱🌱🌱 Lots of green shoots starting to emerge. Goodness I am glad it is spring (I know I have mentioned this many times —
    bear with me. 🥰
    ✅ Tracked it all: dinner of whole wheat pasta with homemade tomato sauce and lean beef meatballs sure was a high calorie meal 🥸 Good thing it was so delicious and filling.
    ✅ Calories under deficit allocation: working hard this month to refrain from eating my exercise calories, if possible. I will not go hungry, which means making good choices, particularly for veggies, fibre, and protein.

Wishing everyone a very good month of success ahead. 🌟
  • Winner_in_Life
    Winner_in_Life Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Pass day 1/3
    Congratulations to the Winners!
  • snowshoe072
    snowshoe072 Posts: 4,550 Member
    Options
    @jamcnewman i found a “really” easy beginner video on YouTube the facilitator does a great job here is the link or how I access the video

Tai Chi 5 minutes a day module 1 it’s also under Taiflow looks like there’s several modules to build upon the woman’s name is Lei I hope this helps. I have only done the first session but I find it relaxing
  • Maggie_MJ
    Maggie_MJ Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    • Pass
    • Yes, 6,000+ steps
    • No
    • Yes
    • 1 pass used

• ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,133 Member
    Options
    @Elbee1 Wow, that's tough... sending thoughts to you and your husband's best friend and his family...