May 1

Replies

• katertotz1270
    katertotz1270 Posts: 4 Member
    Starting on a Sunday is hard! Starting with a pass day on 5/1 and am excited to officially start the challenge today!!

May 1
    Exercised?: ✅
    Calories?: ❌
    Tracked?: ❌
    Pass days: 1
  • jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 4,041 Member
    @Elbee1 I am so sorry for the multiple traumatic events you’ve experienced recently. Thinking of you and your husband as you process all you’ve been through. Take good care of yourself. 💛
  • jamcnewman
    Well done for tracking and posting - no matter how the day goes. The goal is not perfection; and for many of us, the quest for perfection is the enemy of good. 💡💡💡

@katertotz1270 @Winner_in_Life @SilverSage1 @Maggie_MJ @Caroline_slowandsteady
  • jamcnewman
    @jamcnewman i found a “really” easy beginner video on YouTube the facilitator does a great job here is the link or how I access the video

Tai Chi 5 minutes a day module 1 it’s also under Taiflow looks like there’s several modules to build upon the woman’s name is Lei I hope this helps. I have only done the first session but I find it relaxing

Found it - thanks so much! @snowshoe072
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,963 Member
    Elbee1 wrote: »
    Hello everyone.
    I’m hoping to have more exercise days & stay at or under my calorie goal this month.
    Off to a very rocky start, one of my friend’s 31 yr old son was found dead on his couch in his apartment Had not responded to phone calls or been into work. No health problems as far as I know. Not overweight. Not into drugs as far as I know. Parents got the call today but it was found out that it happened 2 days ago. So very sad. One of my husbands best friends son.

We also had something else happen in out personal lives late Friday afternoon & we are still reeling from this & trying to find out how to handle this life changing issue that happened. It’s turned our life upside down. No more details on this, but I need to get healthier so I can be stronger at least physically. That will certainly help us.

May 1
    Exercised?: No
    Calories?: Yes
    Tracked?: Yes
    Pass days: 1

@Elbee1
    My thoughts are with you at this time.

My favorite quote helps me at these times:

“Life is tough, my Darling, and so are You.”
  • jamcnewman
    Thank you for posting and sharing your Sunday May 1 successes:
    @MadisonMolly2017 #healthfirst ✅
    @ashleycarole86 Enjoy dinner tonight! 🍝
    @LazyBlondeChef So pleased to know you are now walking in your new neighbourhood 🌼
    @calvin20874 So steady. Always. 🙌🏻

Wishing everyone a great first week of May!
  • KCJen
    KCJen Posts: 1,089 Member
    Daily Check-In Date: Sunday, May 1st

Did I track everything? Yes
    Did I stay within my calorie range of 1500 -1611? Yes calories were 1,260 I was under a lot - skipped lunch by accident due to a late breakfast
    If calories were over for the day, was the difference walked off before bed? calories were ok

How many miles on Treadmill today? None, it was Sunday
    Treadmill Days are Mon thru Fri and Sat & Sun Off
    Active for 20 minutes on Sat & Sun

Progression of weekly 1.5-to-2-pound lost goal: start of the new week
    Did I drink my daily water goal? no
    Pass Day Count: 0/3
    Last Month Pass Day Count: Skipped April so that would be 30

May Goals:
    Track calories immediately after each meal
    Cook at home - eat out twice a month - twice Jen - not every Friday!!!
    Use my food scale to measure everything.
    Use my ramekins for measuring individual servings to learn and control correct portion sizes for me and my son.
    Learn there are no "good" and "bad" foods and I am not on a diet anymore
    No more starting and stopping because I am not on a diet anymore.
    Learn how to have a healthy lifestyle that is sustainable for the rest of my life
    Fine-tune meals to get within calorie range
    Learn that going over calorie range for a meal or a day is not a "failed diet for the month".
    If calories are over for that day, need to walk them off before bed.
    Use fewer pass days in May than I did in April
    Get back on my treadmill

I worked on my daily post yesterday as well. It is a bit long, but it is a work in progress. Daily review of my goals is a good thing. I have spent a lot of time on MFP over the past few days, and my to-do list has been neglected. I need to get on my day and get the to-do list caught up.
  • Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,346 Member
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? yes

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? yes

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? yes
  • Caramel_Apple
    Caramel_Apple Posts: 2,176 Member
    Monday

yes x3
    0/3 pass days used
  • victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Happy May everyone! Welcome back to all returning members, and welcome to all new members.
    Here is where we begin to celebrate last month's successes.
    I am filling some pretty important shoes here, so let me know if I get anything wrong, or miss anyone ...
    WOOHOO and HIGH FIVES to those that made it into our Winner's Circle this month! HUGE CONGRATS to the following who persevered and finished strong in April:

@calvin20874
    @Caramel_Apple
    @DebyS137
    @eokoro
    🏆 @GrandmaJackie 🏆
    🏆 @ideas2 🏆
    @jamcnewman
    @Jan1936
    @lesdarts180
    @maggie_mj
    @makattack220
    🏆 @marilynsretired 🏆
    @snowshoe072
    @tahm42
    @TerriRichardson112

🏆 means 0 Pass Days Used! CONGRATS!

If I've missed anyone, please, please let me know! Remember that you have to self-report in order for me to know who's in the Winner's Circle..... and if you have 0 Pass Days! ;):

Congratulations Winners!
  • victorious55
    @Caroline_slowandsteady
    Thank you very much for filling in.
  • victorious55
    May 1, 2022

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

Habits to maintain this month:
    Kitchen Closed? Yes
    Did you go "nuts" with nuts today? No (1day -free)
    Within Sugar macro today? Yes (1 day)

Pass day 0/3 (this is for accountability to myself and my records).
  • victorious55
    edited May 2022
    Personal goals for May 2022:

Every month, I like to revisit my previous goals and reset them for the new month. It keeps me focus.

1. Plan to be in winners circle (track everything as expected in this UAC) .
    2. Not more than 3 pass days - If I did not meet this goal, I will continue posting everyday. I am a champion :):)
    3. Stay honest (even if it puts me out of the Winner's circle for the month). This is very important to me. This UAC challenge is a honour (honor) system.
    4. Maintain the habits of "kitchen close"
    5. Create a habit of not eating more than 1 serving of nuts. "Don't go nuts". I am getting a handle on this goal. But will continue to maintain it!
    6. I will like to work on not going over my micro for sugar for the day. This means I need to work on the fruits I eat since most of my sugar come from my fruits. I like fruits, but I have discovered that they could derail me.
    7. Forgive my mistakes (forgive myself) and don't leave the UAC for this month even if I failed. Very important for consistency and accountability.
    8. Encourage others where possible.

Welcome May!
  • Exercise? No
    Under calories? No
    Tracked meals? No

1/3 Pass Days
  • kodakslim
    kodakslim Posts: 90 Member
    Exercise: Yes, lots of walking
    Tracked: Yes
    Calories: Within budget
  • tahm42